Jump to content
Spurs Web
grahambailey

Players that should go ?

Recommended Posts

The rebuild that all us fans know is necessary has become even more clear after last night's disgusting show!.
Lloris - although he was good - his bad moments are increasing with age,
Hart - not really needed in a playing capacity.
Aurier - inconsistent and more bad than good - liability.
Doherty - Sell unless we want wing backs.
Rose - Hate what he's done to the club.
Dier - Is not a Centre Back - no reading of the game.
Sanchez - Liability and his confidence is shattered.
Alderweireld - In decline which is sad because he's been excellent for us.
Winks - I have never rated him - and he doesn't disappoint.
Bale - Age and one good game in five and against lowly opposition.
Sissoko - Age and ability on the ball not good enough.
Alli - has been on the slide for three years now - get rid.
Lamela - Wears his heart on his sleeve - but again inconsistent.
This is based entirely on limited watches on games - but in my heart I believe they should go - to free up wages and to get cash along with whatever fee we get for Harry - there are some great kids in our Youth Academy - that alongside Sessignon and Skipp and some hungry young players - I would rather wait on a rebuild than have to watch these overpaid clowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grahambailey said:

The rebuild that all us fans know is necessary has become even more clear after last night's disgusting show!.
Lloris - although he was good - his bad moments are increasing with age,
Hart - not really needed in a playing capacity.
Aurier - inconsistent and more bad than good - liability.
Doherty - Sell unless we want wing backs.
Rose - Hate what he's done to the club.
Dier - Is not a Centre Back - no reading of the game.
Sanchez - Liability and his confidence is shattered.
Alderweireld - In decline which is sad because he's been excellent for us.
Winks - I have never rated him - and he doesn't disappoint.
Bale - Age and one good game in five and against lowly opposition.
Sissoko - Age and ability on the ball not good enough.
Alli - has been on the slide for three years now - get rid.
Lamela - Wears his heart on his sleeve - but again inconsistent.
This is based entirely on limited watches on games - but in my heart I believe they should go - to free up wages and to get cash along with whatever fee we get for Harry - there are some great kids in our Youth Academy - that alongside Sessignon and Skipp and some hungry young players - I would rather wait on a rebuild than have to watch these overpaid clowns.

Maybe to keep this thread more compact you should have entitled it "Players We Should Keep" :thumb::1579412966_emo1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Borodin said:

Maybe to keep this thread more compact you should have entitled it "Players We Should Keep" :thumb::1579412966_emo1:

Ha Ha Ha Yes mate - it grieves me to say it - but words spoken in jest? - I don't know about you but I think we need a Potter or even Parker who will genuinely attempt a serious and proper rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grahambailey said:

Ha Ha Ha Yes mate - it grieves me to say it - but words spoken in jest? - I don't know about you but I think we need a Potter or even Parker who will genuinely attempt a serious and proper rebuild.

If Levy can pick the right guy this time then all he needs to do is sit back, give him the cash and players he wants, get rid of the dross he doesn't require and allow the person to do his job without interfering. The massive problem is choosing the next Spurs manager. I'd settle for Potterat a pinch but please, please not Parker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, Borodin said:

If Levy can pick the right guy this time then all he needs to do is sit back, give him the cash and players he wants, get rid of the dross he doesn't require and allow the person to do his job without interfering. The massive problem is choosing the next Spurs manager. I'd settle for Potter at a pinch but please, please not Parker.

I think Potter would be our best option for sure - and also the most realistic one - if you were a top Manager would you want to come to Spurs?. I've supported them from 1959 when I first saw them on someone's telly - this is as bad as the times when we ended up getting relegated - do I believe Levy will give the new manager time - no!. I do believe that until Levy and Lewis are gone we will struggle - after the heady days under Poch when we played some great football and more importantly as a fan - I too had that belief and swagger - looks like it's back to the drawing board and disappointments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

I think Potter would be our best option for sure - and also the most realistic one - if you were a top Manager would you want to come to Spurs?. I've supported them from 1959 when I first saw them on someone's telly - this is as bad as the times when we ended up getting relegated - do I believe Levy will give the new manager time - no!. I do believe that until Levy and Lewis are gone we will struggle - after the heady days under Poch when we played some great football and more importantly as a fan - I too had that belief and swagger - looks like it's back to the drawing board and disappointments. 

One bad season.....after a bad appointment (JM), and we still got to a final..its not that bad

I've witnessed much worse over the years since I started in 1962....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tonto911 said:

One bad season.....after a bad appointment (JM), and we still got to a final..its not that bad

I've witnessed much worse over the years since I started in 1962....

So have I - but the most disappointing thing for me is that after a rocky start with Poch - Levy pulled the plug and appointed JM - a move that reeked of betrayal and greed - win a Cup and then we can sell the club for even more money?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grahambailey said:

So have I - but the most disappointing thing for me is that after a rocky start with Poch - Levy pulled the plug and appointed JM - a move that reeked of betrayal and greed - win a Cup and then we can sell the club for even more money?.

Reeked of unnecessary panic because The Poch appeared to have lost it...

We were continuing a bad run of results - something had to be done....................

They are not going to sell the club after all the investment in the infrastructure, have you not seen the recent statement from DL ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

So have I - but the most disappointing thing for me is that after a rocky start with Poch - Levy pulled the plug and appointed JM - a move that reeked of betrayal and greed - win a Cup and then we can sell the club for even more money?.

I think that Poch went over a year without winning an away PL match. He was a busted flush and I am sorry to say that he probably should have been sacked sooner. We were on the slide even before the CL semi-final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

The rebuild that all us fans know is necessary has become even more clear after last night's disgusting show!.
Lloris - although he was good - his bad moments are increasing with age,
Hart - not really needed in a playing capacity.
Aurier - inconsistent and more bad than good - liability.
Doherty - Sell unless we want wing backs.
Rose - Hate what he's done to the club.
Dier - Is not a Centre Back - no reading of the game.
Sanchez - Liability and his confidence is shattered.
Alderweireld - In decline which is sad because he's been excellent for us.
Winks - I have never rated him - and he doesn't disappoint.
Bale - Age and one good game in five and against lowly opposition.
Sissoko - Age and ability on the ball not good enough.
Alli - has been on the slide for three years now - get rid.
Lamela - Wears his heart on his sleeve - but again inconsistent.
This is based entirely on limited watches on games - but in my heart I believe they should go - to free up wages and to get cash along with whatever fee we get for Harry - there are some great kids in our Youth Academy - that alongside Sessignon and Skipp and some hungry young players - I would rather wait on a rebuild than have to watch these overpaid clowns.

I don't think there are many names there I would disagree with and I could possibly add a few more.

My worry is that nobody would even consider buying many of those players, unless in a fire sale and at vastly reduced prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real problem I see is Levys horrendous reputation that he relishes as the brutal negotiator. No one will want to do business with him especially when he behaves like a modern day Gordon Gecko- greed is good. Who’s going to pay Levy’s artificially inflated valuations of our deadwood like Dier, Danchez, winks, llamela, Dele, Moira. Aurier etc? It’s ok to want a clear out but the message from Levy is we have to sell in order to buy. I think it’s time to let Kane go, but I have zero faith that Levy and whatever has been manager e end up with will have the knowledge or skills in building a team that can compete in a few years time. We are going to have to take some very painful steps back as this club is a shambles right now and Levy has burned any credibility or trust left with the fanbase 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I think that Poch went over a year without winning an away PL match. He was a busted flush and I am sorry to say that he probably should have been sacked sooner. We were on the slide even before the CL semi-final.

I agree - but wasn't that after the season we signed no-one?.

17 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I don't think there are many names there I would disagree with and I could possibly add a few more.

My worry is that nobody would even consider buying many of those players, unless in a fire sale and at vastly reduced prices.

Yes indeed - but I think that even if they shift half of them this season's end/start of next - it would free up wages and get a couple of really good youngsters in - I would expect a 2 or 3 year rebuild - but in the post from Cromulentmart he was right in what he said - and that some of these players should have been long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, grahambailey said:

The rebuild that all us fans know is necessary has become even more clear after last night's disgusting show!.
Lloris - although he was good - his bad moments are increasing with age,
Hart - not really needed in a playing capacity.
Aurier - inconsistent and more bad than good - liability.
Doherty - Sell unless we want wing backs.
Rose - Hate what he's done to the club.
Dier - Is not a Centre Back - no reading of the game.
Sanchez - Liability and his confidence is shattered.
Alderweireld - In decline which is sad because he's been excellent for us.
Winks - I have never rated him - and he doesn't disappoint.
Bale - Age and one good game in five and against lowly opposition.
Sissoko - Age and ability on the ball not good enough.
Alli - has been on the slide for three years now - get rid.
Lamela - Wears his heart on his sleeve - but again inconsistent.
This is based entirely on limited watches on games - but in my heart I believe they should go - to free up wages and to get cash along with whatever fee we get for Harry - there are some great kids in our Youth Academy - that alongside Sessignon and Skipp and some hungry young players - I would rather wait on a rebuild than have to watch these overpaid clowns.

No real issues with that list.

Personally I’d probably keep Lloris, Doherty and Bale - the latter only if we can afford his still mammoth loan wages and he has a good Euros to maintain current fitness. 

Some of them can leave with heads held high, others with a strong boot up the arse.

If you assume we have Skipp and Sess back, then we need at least two top CBs, a first choice RB, and (for me) another proper creative midfielder, rather than a wide man.

If Kane goes then another CF too, obvs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We keep talking about shifting out players, but there is quite a problem here. We can't force clubs to buy them and that is why they are still on our books. 

I suppose we could offer them on a buy 1 and get 2 basis. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

We keep talking about shifting out players, but there is quite a problem here. We can't force clubs to buy them and that is why they are still on our books. 

I suppose we could offer them on a buy 1 and get 2 basis. 

COYS 

What is the age limit on putting people up for adoption ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god this is just opening a massive can of worms again isn't it we've all said our peace over the last season.

I think the hardest thing is because you grow attached to players but they're like old pair of trainers that you know it's got holes in it and let's the water in and you realise you've held on from for too long and you do need a new change and a new pair.

I don't know had a pair of new Balance trainers we went through some good and bad times gym kickboxing running football days out gardening but they just had to go in the end as much as I loved them in the bin.

So even though I felt they've let me down a few times but find it hard to get rid of Sonny Kane and the lloris hoijberg because I think he's got a lot more to give and skippy coming back. 

I've said if we could keep Bale a luxury reduces wages and getting cheap it would be hard to let him go with that quality of the bench

I'm afraid the rest of them can join my new Balance trainers in the bin and I'll wave them goodbye.....

Think I mentioned is the other day why the hell didn't we go for Aguero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 12:51 PM, grahambailey said:

So have I - but the most disappointing thing for me is that after a rocky start with Poch - Levy pulled the plug and appointed JM - a move that reeked of betrayal and greed - win a Cup and then we can sell the club for even more money?.

As much as I've been one of levy's doubters I do actually feel sorry for him on the JM appointment I was sucked in because I thought we need someone who can stand up to the chairman he's got some balls get good players and can actually kick the players up the ass but it really did backfire. Maybe the same team different manager thing really is a thing and we've got to sort the squad out as much as I love Harry Kane I've said this before he is not a leader on the pitch which can cause problems there's no point into sulkin and drop him back deep in midfield speak up man and help organise the team the same for the lloris needs to be more vocal. Remember when he  run at Sonny for not tracking back that time where was the passion after that we didn't see it did we disappeared again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble with that list is that they are all average. They should not be in the best 11 of a team that is challenging for trophies and wouldn't be getting minutes on one.

Aurier
Doherty
Dier
Sanchez
Winks
Sissoko
Lamela

These sorts of players should be on the bench or starting for a mid-table side, not for a team that is what Spurs believes it is, a top team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the list were or are still international players ,,,yes winks ,,dier,,but we have to fill the homegrown list aswell ,,,yes dier is not on the list ,,Doherty would be ,,and Hart ,,,and if Kane goes ,,,it’s gonna be difficult what ever happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Most of the list were or are still international players ,,,yes winks ,,dier,,but we have to fill the homegrown list aswell ,,,yes dier is not on the list ,,Doherty would be ,,and Hart ,,,and if Kane goes ,,,it’s gonna be difficult what ever happens 

Dier is a mixed blessing. If next season is more rebuilding than competing for top 4, then as you say he has the added advantage if being one of our English players. If he gets replaced it is more likely to be a foreign guy. Winks is another many on here want out - one less English player. 

The more we talk about this subject, the more it exposes just what a cock up was made in the last transfer window. We bought without thought and we have a unbalanced squad with gaps in important positions. 

We shall just have to hope our new manager does arrive on Wednesday as the papers are suggesting, and our Ins and outs actually correct some of the mistakes. At least he is a Spurs style of playing manager. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Most of the list were or are still international players ,,,yes winks ,,dier,,but we have to fill the homegrown list aswell ,,,yes dier is not on the list ,,Doherty would be ,,and Hart ,,,and if Kane goes ,,,it’s gonna be difficult what ever happens 

You know what really amazes me? There is so much common sense written on here by fans, but the professionals who run the clubs make so many disastrous decisions. Some decisions are so obviously stupid, they make themselves look like clowns. 

I've met so many people who have degrees and are so full of theory but they have no understanding. Rightly or wrongly I used to call them educated idiots. I am beginning to think that making ex players pass coaching exams before they can be  club coaches is similar. Getting further schooling and getting qualifications counts for nothing without understanding and nous. I know people with no qualifications but through learning from experience are brilliant.

Hopefully lessons have been learned in the club over the last 12 months and we won't repeat the mistakes. 

COYS 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×