Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Looking Back On Season 20/21

Whatever happens on Sunday and wherever we finish this has certainly been a season full of incident and disappointment.

From a Spurs point of view (in no particular order) :

1) Covid preventing the fans from watching any matches

2) The Jose Mourinho 'experiment' that went horribly (and expensively) wrong

3) Our embarrassing involvement in the Super League and subsequent hasty departure from it.

3) Levy willing to charge fans £60 a ticket to watch us lose at home to Aston Villa

4) The fall from grace of being top of the league at the end of last year to now scratching for a 7th place finish

5) The apathy and lack of effort from the vast majority of the current squad

6) Our top striker seemingly wanting out of his contract and seeking trophies and titles elsewhere

7) The possibility that Arsenal can finish above us together with West Ham

8) Chelsea with a chance of CL success

9) Man Utd winning the EL which we definitely had a good chance of doing before the disaster in Zagreb

10) Waiting for a new manager to be appointed with all and sundry being mentioned as potential candidates causing mockery from other clubs

11) The sad realisation of the massive rebuilding job that is required to put this club back amongst the top four

From football in general :

1) VAR still being constantly misused and teams robbed of vital points whilst others have unfairly benefited

2) Rules that defy logic (e.g. Handball and Offside) which drastically need changing in order for some semblance of sensibility to return to the game

3) Overseas owners who care little for a club's history or reputation but run the place purely for obtaining maximum profit with utter and total disregard for the supporters

4) Covid giving us empty stadiums and cluttered schedules in an attempt to complete league matches and cup competitions.

Have I missed anything out ? Please feel free to add/comment.... but always remember

5aajm5.jpg

I have been staring at this page for 10 minutes without inspiration. I was trying to think of a cheerful and really uplifting event to offset the the horrendously long list of calamities and irritations which have driven us up the wall this season. 

We were top of the league, 2 pts clear and with the best GD. We were 2 - 0 up with 2 away goals in the European competition. We took 4 pts off Arsenal. We didn't get relegated. 

So it wasn't all doom and gloom. 

COYS 

11 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I have been staring at this page for 10 minutes without inspiration. I was trying to think of a cheerful and really uplifting event to offset the the horrendously long list of calamities and irritations which have driven us up the wall this season. 

We were top of the league, 2 pts clear and with the best GD. We were 2 - 0 up with 2 away goals in the European competition. We took 4 pts off Arsenal. We didn't get relegated. 

So it wasn't all doom and gloom. 

COYS 

Just another year all in all!! :dd:

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Whatever happens on Sunday and wherever we finish this has certainly been a season full of incident and disappointment.

From a Spurs point of view (in no particular order) :

1) Covid preventing the fans from watching any matches

2) The Jose Mourinho 'experiment' that went horribly (and expensively) wrong

3) Our embarrassing involvement in the Super League and subsequent hasty departure from it.

3) Levy willing to charge fans £60 a ticket to watch us lose at home to Aston Villa

4) The fall from grace of being top of the league at the end of last year to now scratching for a 7th place finish

5) The apathy and lack of effort from the vast majority of the current squad

6) Our top striker seemingly wanting out of his contract and seeking trophies and titles elsewhere

7) The possibility that Arsenal can finish above us together with West Ham

8) Chelsea with a chance of CL success

9) Man Utd winning the EL which we definitely had a good chance of doing before the disaster in Zagreb

10) Waiting for a new manager to be appointed with all and sundry being mentioned as potential candidates causing mockery from other clubs

11) The sad realisation of the massive rebuilding job that is required to put this club back amongst the top four

From football in general :

1) VAR still being constantly misused and teams robbed of vital points whilst others have unfairly benefited

2) Rules that defy logic (e.g. Handball and Offside) which drastically need changing in order for some semblance of sensibility to return to the game

3) Overseas owners who care little for a club's history or reputation but run the place purely for obtaining maximum profit with utter and total disregard for the supporters

4) Covid giving us empty stadiums and cluttered schedules in an attempt to complete league matches and cup competitions.

Have I missed anything out ? Please feel free to add/comment.... but always remember

5aajm5.jpg

Makes depressing reading - I keep staring at a bottle of whisky - but that'll make me feel even worse!! :1579412966_emo1:

Haven’t we dropped something like 20+ points from a winning position, the worst in the league this season? That’s another one to add to the list of misery we’ve had to put up with. 

On the flipside, Let’s say we had a better defence next season or ability to control a match, and cut that crap out, winning even half of those points back would have given  us top 4.

So focus on that next season with a few new players, and maybe it’s not all doom & gloom!