Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Borodin

Hugo Replacement Needed Now ??

Lloris is heavily linked with a move to PSG next season but it's expected he will honour his current contract which runs until 2022. Would it not be prudent therefore to be planning his replacement now ? I'm thinking of saying bye bye to Joe Hart next week and bringing in someone who will be our number one keeper in 22/23.

One goalkeeper impressing everyone with his performances is Illan Meslier at Leeds. At just 21yrs old he could be brought in as Hugo's young apprentice next season and gradually integrated into the first team. I'm sure he wouldn't be cheap and Bielsa would fight tooth and nail to keep him but it's worth considering, especially if we do have cash to spend sensibly from any sales.

There are many other goalkeepers out there for consideration. I am shocked to see DeGea returning to the Man Utd team which will seriously irk Henderson and I expect him to be having talks with Ole about his future.

I just think the club would be prudent to plan for Hugo's departure now and get a number 2 in who will naturally evolve into our first team choice. Then at the end of next season we can bring in an older, experienced and cheaper option keeper to be our new keeper's back up.

Your thoughts gentlemen ??

Keep seeing different reports about Hugo singing or not signing a new deal.

I imagine, like most of us, he’s keen to see who comes in as manager and what level of player investment levy makes available - with or without Kane.

Henderson would be amazing as a new number 1 GK. Can’t see ManU selling him. 

Meslier has looked great at times too.

We have a very good French 19 year old keeper playing for our under 23 team ( can’t spell his name ) lots of other clubs want him ,,,we could be ok if the new manager is willing to give him a chance 

We need to replace Hart with a young keeper to challenge Hugo, perhaps even take his spot.  If Hugo leaves I would understand and thank him for his service. Yet I would be happy and it would make it easier for us to give the armband to somebody on the pitch.  If Hugo stays I would still be happy.  He had a very good season and without him things could have been much worse.

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

We have a very good French 19 year old keeper playing for our under 23 team ( can’t spell his name ) lots of other clubs want him ,,,we could be ok if the new manager is willing to give him a chance 

This is the Under 23 squad mate https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-23/players/

There are two goalkeepers but neither is French, is it one of those ??

9 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Danny Rose has been playing for the under 23 mate 

Yeah I know mate, maybe he'd be a good goalkeeper :dd::dd: