Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

Cheers my sincere apologies for the mess with the other thread I originally posted on this subject, I had to remove it because I tried to just take Nagelsmann out as a choice and I completely cocked the whole thing up. (Yeah I know....what a plonker Rodney ! :em21:).

Anyway, let's have your updated choices and comments please.

I'm going for Bielsa because I just love the way he has Leeds playing. :thumb:

Here's a link to the latest Sky betting odds on the subject https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/27186079

If Bielsa came in and you could immediately replicate the way Leeds play then that would be great. But I don’t think that’s realistic. It could take several seasons (and intense pre-seasons!) to get the players to be able to play that style, and this summer will be curtailed due to the Euros. So whilst it would be amazing to see Spurs play like Leeds (albeit with better quality finishing!) then I’m not sure it would happen.

I favour Rogers as I value premier league experience but don’t think we’ll get him. I wouldn’t leave his set-up at Leics for all the challenges to be faced at Spurs. 

3 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

wheres the other thread gone? some good points made on there now lost

I can only apologise to you Audere, I tried to amend the thread so that Nagelsmann would be deleted and the members who voted for him could re-vote. I was trying to do it on my mobile and unfortunately I deleted the entire thing. It was a complete and utter 'f**k up' by myself and for which I am sincerely sorry. I shall make every effort to recover it if I can.

Really sorry.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

I can only apologise to you Audere, I tried to amend the thread so that Nagelsmann would be deleted and the members who voted for him could re-vote. I was trying to do it on my mobile and unfortunately I deleted the entire thing. It was a complete and utter 'f**k up' by myself and for which I am sincerely sorry. I shall make every effort to recover it if I can.

Really sorry.

No worries fella ,,,I have gone for ten hag ,,,,overall win rate at Ajax is 73% ,,,sets his sides up to play attacking attractive football,,,,he was a decent football player aswell ,,,and is not scared to play young untried players ,,,and he only has 1 year left on his contract 

10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Really sorry.

ahh i feel guilty now, come have a hug mate 

14 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Just don’t want sarri he would be a disaster 

Don't understand, as the song goes "Who's Sarri now ??" :cc:

Yeah I know.... I'll get my coat.

Statement Of Intent :

If Gareth Southgate is appointed the manager of Spurs then I will not watch them kick a single ball until he either resigns or is sacked.

23 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Statement Of Intent :

If Gareth Southgate is appointed the manager of Spurs then I will not watch them kick a single ball until he either resigns or is sacked.

well he had England playing really well until recently (world Cup, Euro qualifiers we scored hatfuls) then they played all boring, dont know why he changed - sounds familiar tho!!!

Nagelsmann is going to Bayern Munich at the end of the season with a 5 year contract. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs are considered a poisoned chalice by half decent coaches. DL must be well known for putting making money above putting it into spending on footballers who will win the club trophies

I have read today an article saying Simon Jordan has said that DL sacrificed the Carabao Cup by sacking Mourhino to save money. 

It will be interesting to see who will be next seasons manager. I am not holding my breath that it will be a top coach. 

COYS 

40 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Nagelsmann is going to Bayern Munich at the end of the season with a 5 year contract. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs are considered a poisoned chalice by half decent coaches. DL must be well known for putting making money above putting it into spending on footballers who will win the club trophies

I have read today an article saying Simon Jordan has said that DL sacrificed the Carabao Cup by sacking Mourhino to save money. 

It will be interesting to see who will be next seasons manager. I am not holding my breath that it will be a top coach. 

COYS 

That is some conspiracy theory :cc:. Must admit though if we had won it under his managership there would have bound to be financial implications with his contract agreement. There had to be in built bonuses of  league champions/top four/top six/cup winners. Personally I think Levy gauged the dressing room atmosphere and the overall morale of the first team squad and thought there was no way we'd win with everyone feeling so low and despondent. He just couldn't risk being stuck with José if we beat City because at least ten players would want out from under his rule. It was an ideal opportunity, we were lying in 7th spot so no top six bonus to pay out plus the chance that maybe, just maybe Ryan could work miracles and get everyone back together in just under a week.

Whatever happened he's gone and for me that makes the future much brighter and more positive. I'm now just praying that neither Sarri or Southgate become the new boss. They would destroy what little spirit is left in the side.

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Poch after he wins league and CL with PSG . Levy hangs himself and Poch comes back 

Let's just say that doesn't happen (the Poch bit not the Levy getting 'suspended' part, which I liked :thumb:)... who would you vote for from the list of names up there in the poll ?

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

wouldnt really want any of them, maybe Brendan if I had to.

I think its Low or Howe ,not saying id want that tho Eddie done good with very little not sure he could run our squad 

I'm always of the same thought process. Just because a manager works miracles with a relatively average quality squad and very little spending money does not mean he could come into one of the bigger clubs and do the same thing. It must be a huge transition to come from managing somewhere like Bournemouth to Tottenham, and the massive pressure for success, not just survival.

Some managers are able to eke out a reasonable living by managing Premier teams and others achieve stardom. Eddie Howe is in the first category, as are many others.

3 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I'm beginning to wonder if anybody can get this group remembering that they were good footballers.

Bielsa could :thumb: and what fun it would be to watch.

Bielsa could be brilliant (for the players).  I don't think he would get along with Levy though.  That would be a risky appointment but potentially game changing 

I wonder what Poch would have told Bielsa if Levy had approached him

1 hour ago, Alonso said:

Bielsa could be brilliant (for the players).  I don't think he would get along with Levy though.  That would be a risky appointment but potentially game changing 

I wonder what Poch would have told Bielsa if Levy had approached him

57asso.jpg

Daniel Levy is up shit creek without a paddle as far as the supporters are concerned. He needs to turn that around and quickly. What better way than to bring in Bielsa and give him whatever he asks for ?. The guy doesn't seem the 'buy success' type like Mourinho and would bring in talent he felt he could mould into his way of thinking and style of play.

I'd love him to sign.