Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

36 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Living in the heart of Leicestershire and surrounded by Leicester fanatics, I will have to keep a low profile if he did come to us. 

Personally, I think that he will remain with Leicester and would only consider going to a genuine top European club with a history of winning top trophies. Spurs, for the last 4 decades, do not fall into that category and have never provided real evidence that it would join the small group of clubs that have dominated during this period. 

Any one we get will be a nobody who has never achieved at the top, or a 'has been' who has stopped being a very  successful manager. 

Sadly, for me at my age with the clock ticking, seeing us back to how it was in the Glory, Glory days becomes ever more remote. For decades past and those to come, it is likely to remain living with hope but dashed by false dawns. 

COYS 

You are almost certainly right. Unless we have Arabian oli money or dodgy Russian oligarch taking over we will always be tier below the top clubs in England and Europe. 

12 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

You are almost certainly right. Unless we have Arabian oli money or dodgy Russian oligarch taking over we will always be tier below the top clubs in England and Europe. 

and yet we competed with them, were more consistent than them for 4 seasons but cos we didnt win anything so called fans got fed up with that and called for Pochs head 
Regular Top 4, great football, cup runs and CL final wasnt good enough for some!!!! 

8 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

and yet we competed with them, were more consistent than them for 4 seasons but cos we didnt win anything so called fans got fed up with that and called for Pochs head 
Regular Top 4, great football, cup runs and CL final wasnt good enough for some!!!! 

Exactly - I have got to say that apart from stage fright in important games - we played some of the best football I've seen in 60 years under Poch! - as soon as he convinced/conned Poch to go a Summer Transfer Window without signing anyone - I thought to myself - this will not end well - Levy has all his brains in his wallet - and nothing will change while he's still there - his haggling over a couple of million quid has cost Spurs very dear over the last few windows - best examples are Grealish , Fernandes - we buy Ndombele - who is good but nowhere near the other two - and on and on and on!.

I often bring up Charlton and Alan Curbishley in this.  Charlton were regularly mid table finishers in Premier League, didnt really do much in the cups but were regularly safe in the league under Curbishley for a number of seasons

This wasnt good enough for some fans. they expected Charlton to then challenge for honours,  Curbishley out they cried, and they got their wish as he left .

Now where have they been? Division 1 struggling to get out, oh what fantastic 'fans' that lot were 

Where are we, ? CL final to Europa Conference League place in final game of season in two seasons, no manager, losing our top players  whoppeee  thanks 'fans'  

Some 'fans' dont realise or appreciate when their club is doing great  punching above its weight 

Galtier  Lille boss

" from BBC site  

After moulding Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang into a world-class striker and achieving relative success on the tightest of budgets, he picked up the mess left by Marcelo Bielsa at Lille in December 2017 - taking over with the club in serious relegation danger.

Galtier kept them up, then took Lille to second and fourth-place finishes over the next two seasons. This time around, amid the upheaval of new owners coming in halfway through the season, the manager masterminded one of football's most unexpected title triumphs. On Sunday, he was named Ligue 1's manager of the year for an unprecedented third time.

He is expected to leave Lille this summer - with underperforming heavyweights Lyon and Ineos-backed Nice the favourites to land him. Yet Galtier's name is never mentioned when big jobs outside France come up."

Don't know why but bald and Dutch really does it for me Martin jol Style.

Ten Hag I still think should be a number one target now I think I ajax signed him into a contract they knew it probably be off with compensation needed to be paid out.

I like the fact that the Dutch speak really good English obviously with that Amsterdam twing of course, they like to see sexy football which is what we need again

Now if we could manage to acquire both of these gentlemen..... with Rangnick as Director Of Football and ten Hag as head coach then that really would be a huge step in the right direction.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/05/twitter/tottenham-hotspur-fans-react-as-manager-update-emerges/

Daniel, make it happen !!

9 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Now if we could manage to acquire both of these gentlemen..... with Rangnick as Director Of Football and ten Hag as head coach then that really would be a huge step in the right direction.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/05/twitter/tottenham-hotspur-fans-react-as-manager-update-emerges/

Daniel, make it happen !!

Now that really would shake things up - how about Inzhagi as a Dark Horse? - Lazio play good football .

Interesting :

E2J7eO_XIAUuqiX?format=jpg&name=small

Odds are tumbling back in on Erik ten Hag becoming the next Spurs manager.  The Dutchman was odds-on last month but had drifted back to 12/1. He's now back into as short as 7/2.

I'm becoming more and more convinced lads :thumb:

I pray that Pochettino will come home.... if there is anyone I would trust rebuilding this team it’s him and we know he bleeds Spurs and has unfinished business 

14 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Yep we should have stuck with poch and levy should have invested more in the team at key points. 
we definitely punched above our weight for few years. Trouble is they’ve let squad go a little stale, will take some serious cash or a lot of luck to fix it. 

Maybe levy will try and get poch back!

1 hour ago, USSpurs said:

I pray that Pochettino will come home.... if there is anyone I would trust rebuilding this team it’s him and we know he bleeds Spurs and has unfinished business 

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. In my opinion that ship has sailed. The guy was sacked and has taken up a new position. He and Tottenham Hotspur are history and we both move on. I refuse to spend any time wondering what would have happened had he stayed. That is quite simply speculation, we will never know. I also do not understand the concept of him 'coming home'. His home is now Paris and I sincerely doubt if he is wistfully thinking of Spurs. He has far too much on his plate trying to turn PSG back into French League Champions and potential Champions League winners.

The thought of Daniel Levy going cap in hand to a guy who never actually won anything at the club seems ludicrous. I sincerely thank Poch for what he did in taking the squad forward and giving us all some wonderful memories but let's not get carried away. Levy obviously picked the wrong guy as his successor but that does not mean the decision to end his tenure as our manager was the wrong one.

It is my humble view that we need, as both supporters and a football club, to look to the future and appoint someone who can bring a fresh and modern approach to our playing style and squad selection. The Poch era is over, we accept that and move on, otherwise we spend next season looking backwards instead of forwards.

On this subject we shall have to agree to disagree :thumb:

1 hour ago, USSpurs said:

I would love it, but if I were him I think it would be a no as long as the man who fired me was there.

34 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. In my opinion that ship has sailed. The guy was sacked and has taken up a new position. He and Tottenham Hotspur are history and we both move on. I refuse to spend any time wondering what would have happened had he stayed. That is quite simply speculation, we will never know. I also do not understand the concept of him 'coming home'. His home is now Paris and I sincerely doubt if he is wistfully thinking of Spurs. He has far too much on his plate trying to turn PSG back into French League Champions and potential Champions League winners.

The thought of Daniel Levy going cap in hand to a guy who never actually won anything at the club seems ludicrous. I sincerely thank Poch for what he did in taking the squad forward and giving us all some wonderful memories but let's not get carried away. Levy obviously picked the wrong guy as his successor but that does not mean the decision to end his tenure as our manager was the wrong one.

It is my humble view that we need, as both supporters and a football club, to look to the future and appoint someone who can bring a fresh and modern approach to our playing style and squad selection. The Poch era is over, we accept that and move on, otherwise we spend next season looking backwards instead of forwards.

On this subject we shall have to agree to disagree :thumb:

I can certainly understand that perspective, but then again if it weren’t for the early penalty in the CL final, the whole course of the club might be very different, and Poch’s statue would already be cast

1 hour ago, KCspurs said:

I can certainly understand that perspective, but then again if it weren’t for the early penalty in the CL final, the whole course of the club might be very different, and Poch’s statue would already be cast

Then again that penalty was in the first two minutes. We had another 85 before their second goal in which to score. Something we would have had to do anyway to lift the cup, and we failed.

This may sound crazy but the big stumbling block was when we won the semi against Ajax. Had we narrowly lost that then everyone would have said how well we performed and what a great season we were having. Poch would have declared his vision and plan for the club as being 'on course' and he would perhaps have been given more time.

In my opinion we reached the CL final a year too soon and Poch would have had an opportunity to develop the team into a more mature and polished side. Sadly the final and the way it played out has hung around our necks like a millstone instead. We could have been heroic semi finalists but ended up humble losers. Hope I've explained that observation on things okay and you see where I'm going with it.

But as I said, that's history and cannot be changed. We look to the future.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Then again that penalty was in the first two minutes. We had another 85 before their second goal in which to score. Something we would have had to do anyway to lift the cup, and we failed.

This may sound crazy but the big stumbling block was when we won the semi against Ajax. Had we narrowly lost that then everyone would have said how well we performed and what a great season we were having. Poch would have declared his vision and plan for the club as being 'on course' and he would perhaps have been given more time.

In my opinion we reached the CL final a year too soon and Poch would have had an opportunity to develop the team into a more mature and polished side. Sadly the final and the way it played out has hung around our necks like a millstone instead. We could have been heroic semi finalists but ended up humble losers. Hope I've explained that observation on things okay and you see where I'm going with it.

But as I said, that's history and cannot be changed. We look to the future.

I like poch but I think we have to move on things went sour for a reason with him. We have to remember tactically he was a little bit lacking where is Highline only worked on certain teams.

frustrated me sometimes he went 3 at the back and we could had her simple fourfourtwo with two decent strikers instead of Kane on his own own isolated or carrying injury.

remember he also played winks and Dier and Sanchez, even when players like  Aurier made mistakes he didn't really coach them through it.

I was also flabbergasted when he came out of that crap if I win the Champions League I'm going to leave anyway.

3 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I wish my managers would tell us if there is a clause in Harry's contract that he has to play if fit (half an ankle)because playing  him in the final over Lucas was a bad mistake, not telling numpty sissoko to handball is not his fault. His tactics for the final failed miserably I don't think we had more than two shots on goal, that continued into the league.

We need a manager who understands the attacking flair but some sort of defending tactics,  which is not easy. Make Ledley King  of defensive coach work alongside the new manager surely he must see players like dier and Sanchez and Aurier and know their mistakes 

19 hours ago, Dazza1976 said:

It's a sad thing but that's the way football is now we all laughed when Abramovich tried to buy Spurs the Russian oil baron ,if he done maybe we would have been established in 2001 like the chavs we're.:em21:

city are where they are by the rich owners actually spending money on players, attracting top coaches, if he doesn't understand speculating to accumulaing not watch Man City buy their way to success and not copied the module. Building the stadium is his Legacy now he should step aside and let someone spend money on the players if Joe Lewis isn't going to back us they can get lost