Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

No smoke without fire,conte looks more likely now.

This was the bit that caught my eye :

They now wouldn’t have to pay compensation to land him, and with a Premier League title win on his CV, Conte may be appealing to Daniel Levy.With Tuttosport adding that Spurs fancy appointing sporting director Fabio Paratici – a man close to Conte from their time together at Juve.

Now we need a DOF so the manager can get on with his main job ... the team. It all seems to fit the jigsaw and at least with this I'm sure we will know sooner than later whether it's happening.

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

The strange thing is with all  Poch devotees the longer time goes on the better a manager he seems to be in their memories. By the year 2025 he will have been the best we've ever had.

I have but one question for you . If he really was that good then why did he get sacked ? Seriously, why did Daniel suddenly decide to get rid of Poch ?

I suspect Poch was privately critical of the transfer dealings, or lack of.  It was becoming obvious player investment was needed to strengthen/freshen the first 11 which didn’t happen. I also think that he had his head turned by Jose. We should have backed not sacked Poch.

I’d be delighted if he came back - compared to anyone we’ve been linked with.  Provided there is some further player investment then why not? 

Ps - he can bring Mbappe with him too. 

EDIT: I don’t think Poch will come back by the way (just media nonsense) so if not then hopefully Ten Haag.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:41 PM, Borodin said:

For me Poch and Mourinho come under the same school subject ... History.

Totally agree - and if I was Poch I wouldn't touch Spurs with a barge pole while Enic are there - PSG or Spurs mmmhhh!!!! - nah! I'll stay here thanks Daniel!.

13 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

I suspect Poch was privately critical of the transfer dealings, or lack of.  It was becoming obvious player investment was needed to strengthen/freshen the first 11 which didn’t happen. I also think that he had his head turned by Jose. We should have backed not sacked Poch.

I’d be delighted if he came back - compared to anyone we’ve been linked with.  Provided there is some further player investment then why not? 

Ps - he can bring Mbappe with him too. 

EDIT: I don’t think Poch will come back by the way (just media nonsense) so if not then hopefully Ten Haag.

Looking more and more like Conte mate.

7 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Totally agree - and if I was Poch I wouldn't touch Spurs with a barge pole while Enic are there - PSG or Spurs mmmhhh!!!! - nah! I'll stay here thanks Daniel!.

Conte has just left Inter by mutual consent with a £6 million pay off - well now!!

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Things about to get interesting? - unsure over this guy - would be far happier with Galtier - but hey ho!!

6 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Things about to get interesting? - unsure over this guy - would be far happier with Galtier - but hey ho!!

Need to discuss this in the 'next manager' thread. This one is just about Poch ..... my bad. :em21: Apologies.

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

If anything,,,no conte cool ,,,but if Kane goes ,,,get lukaka for nothing really and the defender srinker lol

He might also want to bring Eriksen with him :em5:

8 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

You change your mind every day ;-)

You think I'm bad ? You want to meet my wife mate .. she changes hers on the hour, every hour :em21:

14 hours ago, Borodin said:

If you want a tune we can sing especially for Levy then look no further than Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman's recording of "Time To Say Goodbye"

:thumb:

Noooo KUnte

18 hours ago, Borodin said:

Christophe Galtier has announced he is leaving Lille after winning the French Ligue 1 title beating Poch's PSG.

Now there's a manager I'd willingly welcome. The work he's done in just over two seasons taking them from relegation favourites to champions is nothing short of miraculous.

He's strongly rumoured to be going to Nice or Lyon but nothing officially announced.

Daniel, get on that phone now and give him an interview.

Edit.

Also Conte to leave Inter within the next 48hrs.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/26/antonio-conte-set-to-leave-inter-within-48-hours-14645958/

Nooooo We don’t want another chavski gormless reject Noooo KUnte We don’t want another chavski gormless reject ....singing

1 minute ago, grahambailey said:

What is a "softer" manager? from what we've witnessed this season - that's the last thing we need - but I would still prefer Galtier - so it's bound to be someone else.:dd:

It's someone who doesn't argue with Daniel Levy basically.

I honestly think it’s going to be poch return. I think levy regrets sacking him, had a good relationship with him, realises it was lack of investment in playing resources that hampered poch. Conte to Real Madrid, if levy throws all his cash at conte and gets him in it will end just like Jose. Poch loves the club, has the right philosophy and I think maybe it might just convince Kane to stay.

Whoever it is levy has to find some cash for large scale reinforcements. 

I say this as Rodgers is out of equation, I’d be happy with him, less so the Ajax manager as that’s big risk.