Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

The only one saving grace with this embarrassing fiasco is that if he does return all of the supporters who said he should never have been sacked and how good he was will have had their wish granted. Should things not work out and he leaves for a second time there will be no excuses and perhaps his departure will finally be accepted and the club can move on. One thing is for sure, this early return means his boats are burnt should it turn out badly.

It would certainly settle the ship during this troubled time with Kane probably staying, Son and Alli happy again and the general mood one of The Prodigal Son has returned.

I support Spurs so I will back him to the hilt and whoever remains in the squad will also get my backing. I sincerely hope it all ends up well and we are celebrating next season but for now I shall remain very, very sceptical.

for some supporters its not about winning  a trophy, its about enjoying the majority of the matches and performances, about walking out in a Spurs shirt and hearing people talking positively about my team on TV and in person.  About being proud to support them (always am but you know what i mean recently its been hard work to hear and read the negative dross about us) .

I always say i would rather have 30 good strong league performances a season , a decent cup run , strong top 4 finish, CL football run, and enjoyable attacking football than play just about OK and bore our way to a trophy 

Spurs are supposed to play football a certain way thats the main reason a  lot of people started supporting them , not because they won things, though of course they did back in the day double and cup team , Greaves, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Ginola were there to entertain , if we won great , but get us off our seats 10 times a match, not just to go for a pee and get a pint 

Whatever happens if Poch comes back we will play more entertaining football than under Jose mainly, of course some games we played great under Jose , but not consistently enough , and some we will play crap under Poch as we did before, thats football folks!

3 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

for some supporters its not about winning  a trophy, its about enjoying the majority of the matches and performances, about walking out in a Spurs shirt and hearing people talking positively about my team on TV and in person.  About being proud to support them (always am but you know what i mean recently its been hard work to hear and read the negative dross about us) .

I always say i would rather have 30 good strong league performances a season , a decent cup run , strong top 4 finish, CL football run, and enjoyable attacking football than play just about OK and bore our way to a trophy 

Spurs are supposed to play football a certain way thats the main reason a  lot of people started supporting them , not because they won things, though of course they did back in the day double and cup team , Greaves, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Ginola were there to entertain , if we won great , but get us off our seats 10 times a match, not just to go for a pee and get a pint 

Whatever happens if Poch comes back we will play more entertaining football than under Jose mainly, of course some games we played great under Jose , but not consistently enough , and some we will play crap under Poch as we did before, thats football folks!

In a way I hope it happens and then for all of the very many "Pro Poch" supporters they will have had their wish. The question "What if" will finally be answered. I too would love to see the free flowing and entertaining football return to the club. My concern is the Levy/Poch relationship second time around and whether or not Poch will be funded in the transfer market  or once again be expected to do make do and mend. For all the positives over a Poch return there are naturally also a few doubts and concerns.

Your enthusiasm in your post is a credit to your support for the club and the man Poch, I totally endorse what you say about wanting to be lifted out of your seat with excitement and appreciation of a great team performance. I shall want to do likewise from the comfort of my lounge sofa in Ireland. Let's hope we are all posting in here in an upbeat and confident manner next season, eagerly looking forward to putting one over the so called money rich 'elite' of the Premier league.

The mood of the whole club/fanbase does seem to have lifted since this rumour has been confirmed. Maybe the missing chapters of Pochettino's time at Tottenham can finally be written. Strange times though, who would have envisaged this scenario 18 months ago :em8:

If he comes back it still doesn’t remove the question marks against his pedigree but he was a good fit for spurs and deserved better than he received from levy. 
he will have a really tough job, the squad is older and weaker, there is dissent in the ranks I would imagine, and he still needs to be backed in the transfer market. 
we have to accept that the real issue is levy and we are not in same league as big boys. We don’t pay same wages, we don’t eat from the top table re players. We snoop around and try and polish rough diamonds. 
In some respects we’ll never know if sacking poch was right or not, and if he fails this time there it won’t necessarily be because he was never good enough.

we simply need a mega rich owner to throw crazy cash at squad or have an unbelievable youth academy turn out 4-5 first teamers  at once. Both unlikely so at least get poch in, feel good about the club direction again, and pray that if it fails again levy is ousted somehow. He’s really made a mess of these past 2 years. 

25 minutes ago, Borodin said:

In a way I hope it happens and then for all of the very many "Pro Poch" supporters they will have had their wish. The question "What if" will finally be answered. I too would love to see the free flowing and entertaining football return to the club. My concern is the Levy/Poch relationship second time around and whether or not Poch will be funded in the transfer market  or once again be expected to do make do and mend. For all the positives over a Poch return there are naturally also a few doubts and concerns.

Your enthusiasm in your post is a credit to your support for the club and the man Poch, I totally endorse what you say about wanting to be lifted out of your seat with excitement and appreciation of a great team performance. I shall want to do likewise from the comfort of my lounge sofa in Ireland. Let's hope we are all posting in here in an upbeat and confident manner next season, eagerly looking forward to putting one over the so called money rich 'elite' of the Premier league.

The mood of the whole club/fanbase does seem to have lifted since this rumour has been confirmed. Maybe the missing chapters of Pochettino's time at Tottenham can finally be written. Strange times though, who would have envisaged this scenario 18 months ago :em8:

It’s a funny old game!

id love Poch back because he frigging loves Spurs in his bones a s hopefully his experience away and winning a few cups and some reflection on what he could do better will make him a better manager.

my concern for whomever we hire is Levy’s behavior and the degree to which he will back the manager, take a loss on clearing out a fair number of players that should not be here.

in short, I hope Poch has evolved and I hope Levy has been shaken enough by last years fiasco season to evolve too.

never a dull moment at Spurs

On 5/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, Borodin said:

I sort of understand your sentiment behind this but please try to look at it realistically. Daniel Levy sacked Poch. He appointed Mourinho as his replacement and it went terribly wrong.Do you really think he is now about to take a huge humble pie out of the oven, bite into it and say "I f**ked up Mauricio, I am so sorry, please, please come back" ???? 

I certainly don't.

Poch is history, the future is costly, but the future is ten Hag :cc: Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Borodin, I’m not going to let his comment go if he does come back :878542164_emo2:

Conte leaves Inter.  Zidane leaves Madrid. Galtier leaves Lille. Flick leaves Munich, Nagelsmann leaves Dortmund,  Pirlo to leave Juventus. etc., etc., etc.,  It's a crazy year for Managers in Football.

But the BEST is Mourinho fired by Tottenham!!!!!! 

40 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Fair comment. I'll be the first to put my hands up.

No need, we’d all have ours hands up permanently if people looked at previous posts!

whatever levy decides I hope it happens quickly, last chance saloon for levy I think, fans will turn on him if he doesn’t back the manager (whove er it may be)

7 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Conte leaves Inter.  Zidane leaves Madrid. Galtier wants to leave Lille.  Pirlo to leave Juventus. etc., etc., etc.,  It's a crazy year for Managers in Football.  

More to leave after the Euros too.

12 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

For me it’s gotta be poch ,,,he knows the club ,,,he knows the younger players,,,he knows what the spurs fans want ,,he knows what levy wants even without Kane we can be successful and compete without being kin boring 

Anyone who’s read his book can’t help but know how much he loves Spurs