Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

Did anyone see the article that apparently before poch left he wanted to sell dier and Alderweireld.

Obviously you know my feelings on Dire you should only ever be used as a lump in midfield desperately at championship level maybe. Aldermoor Road ok is coming towards the end of his career but he is one of our better defenders but I'm guessing if we were going to get decent money for him it did make sense to try and sell him and rebuild the back four because we need to.

The only thing worries me about poch I think he likes Winks as well but I think even he realised he was a bench warmer only and started to leave him on there.

I still think we need a brand new fresh start like ten hag new players new attacking system with an A B and C plan spend money accumulate speculate and all that pump

3 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Interesting point of view - and one that makes an awful lot of sense. I love Poch - but I still cannot see him coming back while Levy is there - how could he trust him?. I think Conte is a fantastic manager - but does he play the football we want? and he is a really high maintenance!  Galtier or Ten Hag would be better suited for a rebuild - I just wish Levy would get his finger out and make a choice - 44 days to find a manager - really?? we are a joke!.

44 days is nothing for levy

no he's going to leave it to 43 days have no options and ask Hodgson to come out of retirement with a pack of werther's Originals as part of the deal

On 5/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mr8ball said:

Sing football is coming home ,,,coming home ,,,coys 

I don't know if you're smoking one of your special cigarettes mate:em10: but weren't you with me at the end of Pochs rein thinking he lost the plot there was no Tactics and we were leaking bad goals and I think we got spanked by 7 at some point in Europe,  and we had slipped to 14th

1 hour ago, grahambailey said:

Interesting point of view - and one that makes an awful lot of sense. I love Poch - but I still cannot see him coming back while Levy is there - how could he trust him?. I think Conte is a fantastic manager - but does he play the football we want? and he is a really high maintenance!  Galtier or Ten Hag would be better suited for a rebuild - I just wish Levy would get his finger out and make a choice - 44 days to find a manager - really?? we are a joke!.

A point of view that makes even more sense when you consider Ancelotti has gone from Everton within 24hrs (see my thread in Football Banter). Real Madrid wanted him badly, he was obviously very eager to go so a deal / compensation package sorted in hours. Why not the same at Spurs ?.

My inside information tells me that everything we are reading or watching media wise is pure conjecture and the club is remaining tight lipped on the matter with there being absolutely no leaks on who is a candidate. Strange and rather sad how we can go from sacking Poch and appointing José within a matter of hours, to sacking Mourinho just before a Cup Final and still not announcing his successor after just over 6 weeks.

If we take 44 days to find a manager, that is not a joke but a bloody disaster.

DL should have been working on this from before the day he sacked Mourinho with a plan that would get the new manger in before we'll before the season started. The new manager needs time to work with players well before the start start of the season. He also needs time to be able to ship out and bring in replacements. 

It's all rumours and no substance at the moment. The way it's panning out suggests we will be under prepared for next season and will be relying on hope and luck to start the season with a string of good results. 

Get your prayer mats out that we don't any serious injuries to our international players. 

COYS 

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

A point of view that makes even more sense when you consider Ancelotti has gone from Everton within 24hrs (see my thread in Football Banter). Real Madrid wanted him badly, he was obviously very eager to go so a deal / compensation package sorted in hours. Why not the same at Spurs ?.

My inside information tells me that everything we are reading or watching media wise is pure conjecture and the club is remaining tight lipped on the matter with there being absolutely no leaks on who is a candidate. Strange and rather sad how we can go from sacking Poch and appointing José within a matter of hours, to sacking Mourinho just before a Cup Final and still not announcing his successor after just over 6 weeks.

Yes indeed - the only other thing I can think of - is the new manager on holiday with his family at the moment and Numbnuts Levy wants to make some kind of grand statement?  It holds no water with me however - I still think he's done his job in building the new stadium and facilities - now sell up at a great profit and once and for all - FECK OFF YOU WANKER!

I get several alerts every day on my tablet with Spurs news. There are various opinions on who will be the next manager as to availability and suitability. The one concerning thing that keeps coming through as part of the considerations is the amount of money that will be available to the new manager. 

Points such as, can these top managers achieve the success without top players? Will they want to come without the guarantee of funds to buy the players they want? If the money is forthcoming, will top players come knowing it might be a couple of seasons before they are playing in the CL and winning top trophies?

Also, will clubs with top managers under threat of their manager being poached put unrealistic compensation prices to be paid. 

I don't know who we will get, but it is looking evermore difficult that one can be found quickly on our terms. Clearly, the sooner that decision is made, the better it is for the club. The practicalities suggest it is not in our hands. 

COYS 

Spurs Official Twitter have removed their pinned tweet (was previously our new kit). Normally means an announcement is around the corner

You heard it here first folks :thumb::thumb:

16 minutes ago, SCIFIN17YID said:

Conte or Poch who would you guys take !

I think conte would be gone in couple of years, he’s not going to work well with levy imo. 
I honestly think of the likely candidates poch is better fit, even if he’s not long been gone after a sticky patch. He’ll bring on younger players and will be prepared to operate where we are at (based on what levy can spend). 
Either way we need it sorted ASAP, it’s dragging on. Levy will have to reduce the transfer funds to pay for conte, he won’t be cheap. Poch would need to resign from PSG otherwise he won’t be cheap either. 
what a mess!

my old man suggested klinsmann!!! I had to remind him he would be a disaster without Loewe to tell him what to do!

I remember seeing Conte at Chelsea and being somewhat envious because he was SO animated.  That shows how passionate he is about winning.

But now, after two failed recycled Chelsea managers I am far more skeptical.

That said, recycling Poch doesn't necessarily feel the safest either.  I lean toward a fresh face, Galtier or Ten Hag perhaps 

Just read this on another blog and it sums it up for me :

Not so long ago Daniel Levy declared that he had missed the true priorities of the club and forgotten about the DNA of Tottenham. This is his chance to correct that error. If he misses an opportunity to appoint a manager who I consider to be one of the top four in the World just because of a few million pounds then his position must surely be untenable.
We have a world class stadium, give us a manager to match and he will provide a team which will grace such a place with the football it so desperately needs and deserve.

I have to agree, I think Conte and Paratici are exactly what we need at this moment in time. Let's get it done !

image.gif

image.gif

16 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I remember seeing Conte at Chelsea and being somewhat envious because he was SO animated.  That shows how passionate he is about winning.

But now, after two failed recycled Chelsea managers I am far more skeptical.

That said, recycling Poch doesn't necessarily feel the safest either.  I lean toward a fresh face, Galtier or Ten Hag perhaps 

I'm with you - Galtier has been my choice - do not see Conte and Levy working at all.

13 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

I'm with you - Galtier has been my choice - do not see Conte and Levy working at all.

If Conte was appointed then that would mean he and Levy had mutually agreed contractual terms which encompass salary, transfer budget, responsibilities, targets, bonuses etc etc. I don't understand the view that the two of them wouldn't get on together. Such an appointment would not be made unless both parties felt it would be beneficial and workable.

49 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Guys, Conte is not a manager to build something. Conte is another Mourinho type. 1-2 years then gone. 

I agree. Although it has to be said (as much as we dislike them), the chop & change approach does work at Chelsea....regular managerial changes and regular trophies. They do spend huge money of course, that we don’t/won’t have. 

52 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Guys, Conte is not a manager to build something. Conte is another Mourinho type. 1-2 years then gone. 

Conte doesn't build...but he wins. Two years of that and then Poch's contract finishes....sounds like a plan

9 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I think what Graham was saying is their personalities are not compatible.  Conte has a bit too much fire and is a bit too direct....

Maybe Levy realises he has to change in order to bring success.

12 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Maybe Levy realises he has to change in order to bring success.

News Flash.....African researchers have just discovered a leopard that has officially changed its spots