Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

51 minutes ago, Dazza1976 said:

I’m putting my neck out, Conte isn’t convinced by tottenham offer/squad, turns us down on Monday, PSG let poch leave, conte goes to PSG and spurs get Poch. 

I get feeling conte is wary of taking spurs on and who could blame him!

Just don't understand this. Leonardo came out yesterday and said the rumours of Poch leaving were tiring and they were meeting on a daily basis to discuss plans for next season. Conte would undoubtedly fancy PSG because winning yet another league title would be a piece of cake there compared to trying to drag Spurs up by their bootlaces. It's all very frustrating and puzzling but at least we know something should be announced on Monday. :thumb:

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Just don't understand this. Leonardo came out yesterday and said the rumours of Poch leaving were tiring and they were meeting on a daily basis to discuss plans for next season. Conte would undoubtedly fancy PSG because winning yet another league title would be a piece of cake there compared to trying to drag Spurs up by their bootlaces. It's all very frustrating and puzzling but at least we know something should be announced on Monday. :thumb:

I wouldn’t go much on what people come out say in public re this sort of thing. ‘If’ poch is unhappy (his family are still back in england right?) and if conte is as demanding as he seems (not much doubt on that) I can see real possibility he will turn spurs down. If he does levy will go back in for poch and PSG almost certainly will then speak to conte as they have the cash to buy players. 

I’m just putting it out there, right now I’m not against conte as much as I was, be happy with him or poch but conte and levy is not a match made in heaven.

either way levy needs it sorted urgently! The statement he made about ethos of club and what we need in manager search is a little at odds with conte. 

if I was conte I’d be very wary of taking spurs job unless he’s been promised huge transfer funds. Hope you’re right and it’s sorted Monday. 

11 minutes ago, Borodin said:

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-reveals-when-conte-will-make-final-decision-on-spurs-job/

The Express have revealed that Antonio Conte will tell Tottenham before Monday whether he wants to take up the club’s offer to be their next head coach. 

Squeaky bum time for Daniel 

If he balls this one up he’s finished 

1 minute ago, USSpurs said:

Squeaky bum time for Daniel 

Realistically I just can't see any other way out other than to sign Conte. Levy would look a complete arsehole (again) if this all went belly up and we were left grasping at straws. We are talking about two incredible volatile characters and I would imagine quite a bit would need to be agreed and guaranteed regarding salary / spending budgets / targets and areas of control and power before either of them puts pen to paper.

I will tell you this though, if these two can come to a mutual agreement regarding where the future of this club lies then next season is going to be very interesting indeed.

As I said before, buckle up people, it's going to be a stormy ride.

50 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Realistically I just can't see any other way out other than to sign Conte. Levy would look a complete arsehole (again) if this all went belly up and we were left grasping at straws. We are talking about two incredible volatile characters and I would imagine quite a bit would need to be agreed and guaranteed regarding salary / spending budgets / targets and areas of control and power before either of them puts pen to paper.

I will tell you this though, if these two can come to a mutual agreement regarding where the future of this club lies then next season is going to be very interesting indeed.

As I said before, buckle up people, it's going to be a stormy ride.

I think that's an understatement - Levy is going to have to get completely out of his comfort zone - can you see him doing that?  - I would love to see it as you can bet your bottom dollar Conte will expect 150% from the top down - but we would also be on the rise as a club no doubt! -  knowing Levy he's home fretting and counting his pennies already!! :dd::dd:

38 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Tbh this is worse than eastenders and all the soaps put together,,,,,I think it’s gonna be a no from conte ,,,we are buggered really 

Surely if he was going to come it would have been done by now! We are fast becoming the Untouchables for all the wrong reasons.

So if Conte will not accept it, which club will manage? All big clubs have what they need. I don't believe he has options, which is good for us. :)

Maybe the switch for Poch at PSG? Could be interesting. 

33 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

We are an absolute joke at this point 

There may be many factors as to why this deal has now fallen through. Most reports are that Conte didn't think we had the ingredients to win major trophies within the near future and Spurs are saying they wanted him to bring on the youth players at the Academy which he wasn't prepared to do and that he wanted to bring too many people with him.

One thing from all of this is crystal clear. The manner in which this approach has been conducted has been totally inept, unprofessional and deeply embarrassing and damaging to the club. Antonio Conte is NOT an unknown quantity when it comes to his management style. He is never at a place longer than two seasons, he is expensive to hire, he needs a huge war chest but will bring in top quality players who will allow a club to make a genuine title challenge. He likes to run the show regarding the team but is prepared to work amicably with a DOF as has been proven previously with Paratici.

In short, Daniel Levy knew exactly who he was trying to get into bed with when he approached Conte and what a high percentage of his demands would be. I think he thought he could play hardball with the guy and do another last minute bargain deal to impress the fans. The plan was to get him in on the cheap salary wise, keep Harry Kane and give the new manager the proceeds from the naming rights and player sales to go out and buy some replacements that Paratici had selected. That plan has imploded massively and Tottenham Hotspur's reputation is tonight in tatters. We are the laughing stock of the Premier League. We really did have our rivals concerned by this proposed set up with talk of "Spurs mean business this time" etc and now look at us.

This whole fiasco can only be placed on one person's doorstep, the instigator of the idea, Daniel Levy. His priorities are not those of the supporters and he needs to go. If we end up now with Rafa Benitez or Graham Potter it will be no more than we deserve. Why try to buy champagne when you are only prepared to spend enough for cheap cider ???

I have but one thought tonight (oops this morning) Levy Out ! and take ENIC with you. Sell this club to someone who really cares.

36 minutes ago, Borodin said:

There may be many factors as to why this deal has now fallen through. Most reports are that Conte didn't think we had the ingredients to win major trophies within the near future and Spurs are saying they wanted him to bring on the youth players at the Academy which he wasn't prepared to do and that he wanted to bring too many people with him.

One thing from all of this is crystal clear. The manner in which this approach has been conducted has been totally inept, unprofessional and deeply embarrassing and damaging to the club. Antonio Conte is NOT an unknown quantity when it comes to his management style. He is never at a place longer than two seasons, he is expensive to hire, he needs a huge war chest but will bring in top quality players who will allow a club to make a genuine title challenge. He likes to run the show regarding the team but is prepared to work amicably with a DOF as has been proven previously with Paratici.

In short, Daniel Levy knew exactly who he was trying to get into bed with when he approached Conte and what a high percentage of his demands would be. I think he thought he could play hardball with the guy and do another last minute bargain deal to impress the fans. The plan was to get him in on the cheap salary wise, keep Harry Kane and give the new manager the proceeds from the naming rights and player sales to go out and buy some replacements that Paratici had selected. That plan has imploded massively and Tottenham Hotspur's reputation is tonight in tatters. We are the laughing stock of the Premier League. We really did have our rivals concerned by this proposed set up with talk of "Spurs mean business this time" etc and now look at us.

This whole fiasco can only be placed on one person's doorstep, the instigator of the idea, Daniel Levy. His priorities are not those of the supporters and he needs to go. If we end up now with Rafa Benitez or Graham Potter it will be no more than we deserve. Why try to buy champagne when you are only prepared to spend enough for cheap cider ???

I have but one thought tonight (oops this morning) Levy Out ! and take ENIC with you. Sell this club to someone who really cares.

Possibly the best post I’ve read on here mate. Nailed it 100% (sadly)

1 hour ago, USSpurs said:

Would Big Sam even take on this fucking disaster of a club? F it I’ve had too much wine and am too F”d off, Night chaps from the US OF A

The inference from many sources is that we walked away from the deal. This statement for example :

Conte deal is dead. Basically the club are saying they won’t be blackmailed whoever he is and as they got into deeper discussions this week his excitable personality got more profound by the day... they do not think they could have a good working relationship even short term

Whatever the case Levy was very naive even contacting Conte with a view to the job. He must have been aware of the guy's impressive CV but reputation for temper tantrums and wanting his own way with all matters ?.

Whoever comes now will do so knowing they were very low on the original candidate list, that's hardly inspiring for them is it ? Absolute shambles.

It was a bad fit from the start, when I re-read club statement on manager search it was clear conte is at odds with that. As Borodin said surely levy knew this but his hubris enabled him to go for it anyway. 

top top manager who obviously had doubts about club and levy has decided to call off before conte officially turned tottenham down. tbf I understand why they contacted him but the whole thing has been handled badly. Expect there to be some mud slinging back from conte’s side now.  

he’s lost the plot but ENIC won’t sell as levy sees tottenham as his baby. Tbh club’s  valuation is so high but debt so big I’m not sure if there are any potential buyers out there! Maybe mark zuckerberg (I’m not checking how to spell his surname) likes ‘soccer’!

Levy now needs to try and convince poch to resign from PSG but seems that ship has sailed, otherwise I really don’t know what options are left. I think we might end up with Eddie Howe. Is he still available? Seriously what a f£&@ing shambles. 

8 hours ago, Borodin said:

Exactly.

Borodin has nailed it - the people on here have more idea than that clown Levy - what I do not understand for the life of me is - Galtier is available and ticks every box that Levy wanted - he took over Lille from Bielsa (another messiah) when they were in relegation bother and in 4 years turned them into French Champions - and whilst the argument might hold water that the French League is not the Premier - I ask you to consider how much more of a limited budget would he have had at Lille than he would get from Spurs.
Borodin is exactly right when he says that prick Levy does not have any interest in football whatsoever - laughing stocks.