Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

34 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Borodin has nailed it - the people on here have more idea than that clown Levy - what I do not understand for the life of me is - Galtier is available and ticks every box that Levy wanted - he took over Lille from Bielsa (another messiah) when they were in relegation bother and in 4 years turned them into French Champions - and whilst the argument might hold water that the French League is not the Premier - I ask you to consider how much more of a limited budget would he have had at Lille than he would get from Spurs.
Borodin is exactly right when he says that prick Levy does not have any interest in football whatsoever - laughing stocks.

Your correct fella,,,I also get the impression that there’s been a lot off just feelers thrown out there ,,,and overhyped reporting.

as you said galtier ticks all the boxes ,,,I am hoping that all the hype talk have just been smokescreens,,,and this was happening all the time ,,,,it reads like spurs didn’t even contact poch 

Have to admit that just for once Levy had me fooled. Despite everything that's happened I truly believed he was going to push this deal through, get the DOF in as well (which may still happen anyway) and finally bring in a manager to sort out the squad and win things. Everyone remarking how coincidental it is that now season tickets are no longer on sale he gives Conte the boot. Did he really use the Italian as a marketing ploy to encourage the fans back and boos funds ? I really wouldn't put anything past him now.

I never thought that after all these years of a few ups and many downs I could still allow this football club to get under my skin and allow me to feel so utterly gutted. Daniel has succeeded in draining me of any dreams I may have nurtured of watching this team win a trophy or title. We are once again looking at years of 'rebuilding' after seeing the last one crumble before our very eyes with nothing to show for it except a couple of exciting matches and some memorable moments.

Whoever comes in will do so knowing he was not exactly first choice and for me unless it is Galtier then it will not appease the supporters. He will also have to be someone who can work with a DOF as Paratici seems nailed on. This must also mean a few more candidates can be crossed off.  Poch coming back would be a huge mistake both for him and us. It's too soon and he would be walking straight into an even worse mess than when he left, plus he always said he couldn't work with a DOF.  I have stopped looking at the media reports now because I will only ever believe this mess sorted when I see it officially announced on the BBC or Sky that we have a new manager.

The barrel has truly been scraped and the inscription on the bottom of it reads Levy Out !

I said this on another thread when at the time of sacking Jose....

"I know that Nagelsmann (RBL manager) has been touted as potential next manager, but I haven't heard Eddie Howe being mentioned. EH is supposedly off to Celtic, but I believe that has been dragging on for a while - maybe waiting to see what happens with Jose?"

Well, the Howe / Celtic discussions finally broke down a week or so ago and Howe would be perfect for Levy - low cost, used to working on a very tight budget, overall nice guy, easy for Levy to control.

Hopefully all the dream BS of getting a top quality manager will stop very soon and we can start focusing on realistic targets for the vacant manager position.
Seriously guys, what top manager in the world would give second thought to working for Levy and his all too well known ways of operating. The guy is a tight fisted ****er and a complete pain in the backside to work with. 

This feels like a new level of low for the club, the raw lack of ambition has been exposed to the light. I’d say rock bottom but I think that will probably occur at some point next season.

I sincerely don’t see anything to be positive about with Spurs while this cancer of Levy / Enic carves out the heart  and soul of this club.

im so utterly sick of hearing and reading the name Daniel Levy and until he’s gone, this team is going nowhere fast

41 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Can't fire one of the owners, unfortunately :( 

I agree but it's up to the supporters to show their obvious frustration and displeasure. At the end of the day these people rely on club sales and bums on seats. Fans need to demonstrate that the quality of the 'product' being produced on the pitch comes nowhere near the huge prices being charged to watch it, regardless of the prestigious surroundings and facilities available.

I'd love to see Levy squirming as he looks around at row upon row of empty seats on a match day.

I'm going to take an opposing view.  First we make the assumption that what the media report is true, which is flawed in itself.  In terms of Conte, I didn't think he was the right fit for Spurs. FAR too volatile a character, a ticking time bomb to be accurate.  Passion and desire to win are good to a point but there comes a moment where calmness is also needed and that is something Conte lacks.  Transfer budget, the youth system, Wage demands, Staff he brings with him, and the elephant in the room which is how a Manager appointment would influence the players, one in particular (and most important) being Harry Kane.  It's easy for us to sit and judge the situation when we hear reports, many of which differ from source to source as to what is really going on but the truth is an unknown.  

I'm going to hazard a guess that based upon a very expensive (and failed) Mourinho appointment that this apparent breakdown has less to do with money, and far more to do with the overall philosophy and fit of the Manager (Conte) and Spurs.

I will go further and say that many here want this to be Levy ballsing it up because it provides just another reason to ask for him/ENIC to get out.

We all want a top Manager, and we all want it sooner than later.  But very few IF ANY wanted Conte until the press wound us up saying it was close! I would have accepted him and backed him until he proved that support wrong, but I will not say I am sorry or even disappointed this has fallen through.  

I tend to think we may just have made a very wise choice.....agree or not that is my feeling

4 hours ago, Alonso said:

I'm going to take an opposing view.  First we make the assumption that what the media report is true, which is flawed in itself.  In terms of Conte, I didn't think he was the right fit for Spurs. FAR too volatile a character, a ticking time bomb to be accurate.  Passion and desire to win are good to a point but there comes a moment where calmness is also needed and that is something Conte lacks.  Transfer budget, the youth system, Wage demands, Staff he brings with him, and the elephant in the room which is how a Manager appointment would influence the players, one in particular (and most important) being Harry Kane.  It's easy for us to sit and judge the situation when we hear reports, many of which differ from source to source as to what is really going on but the truth is an unknown.  

I'm going to hazard a guess that based upon a very expensive (and failed) Mourinho appointment that this apparent breakdown has less to do with money, and far more to do with the overall philosophy and fit of the Manager (Conte) and Spurs.

I will go further and say that many here want this to be Levy ballsing it up because it provides just another reason to ask for him/ENIC to get out.

We all want a top Manager, and we all want it sooner than later.  But very few IF ANY wanted Conte until the press wound us up saying it was close! I would have accepted him and backed him until he proved that support wrong, but I will not say I am sorry or even disappointed this has fallen through.  

I tend to think we may just have made a very wise choice.....agree or not that is my feeling

Alonso, well thought out. I would have preferred to have Poch back but as it was becoming more likely that it would be Conte, I was thinking more that he is exactly what this club needs - someone to light a fire under the owners and the players. The fact that he’s turned us down because of a lack of commitment to winning (of these stores are to be believed) AND the fact that Levy has also ballsed up the Poch option tray does say something about the ownership of the club. They’ve been linked with every available manager over the past month and they simply cannot get their man, worse yet I don’t think they know who their man is or what type of manager they want. All the bullshit Levy sprouted about the clubs dna etc was just that -lies. He’s not going to give up control, he’s not going to push the boat out into uncharted waters, he’s not going to take a chance, he’s not going to learn from 21 years of failure and we’re going to end up with a yes man who will forever be enslaved to Levy’s decision making and financial restrictions 

4 minutes ago, Alonso said:

In terms of Conte, I didn't think he was the right fit for Spurs. FAR too volatile a character, a ticking time bomb to be accurate.

I am sure that at the time of the initial rumours 90% of Spurs supporters would have agreed with you. Daniel Levy made a statement on May 19th which included :

"We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent."

That last bit certainly didn't sound like Antonio Conte based on his management at all of his previous clubs. He's always bought in talent and never tried to develop it internally. That's because he doesn't stay long enough. So why the hell did Levy pursue the guy ?? It really does make you wonder at the "Season Ticket Sales" stories now circulating.

The man has brought nothing but embarrassment recently. Sacking Mourinho days before a Cup Final, bringing in Mason as caretaker, now seemingly appointing a DOF before picking a manager, heading into the transfer window with the threat of our star striker leaving and no one to sort out a suitable replacement. There is just no clear plan at the moment or tangible vision for the future. Levy has become a joke, a tight fisted and calculating money grabber who cares little for the reputation this club has for playing a high quality level of football.

We can discuss all day why these negotiations broke down but the massive question really is why did they ever begin in the first place ?.

As I keep saying on here, between DL, Enic and Mourinho between them, they have made this once great club now viewed more of a poisoned chalice than an exciting challenge for both the manager and top class players. 

There is little point in me moaning on about the past or listing who I want to stay and who I want to leave, it is unlikely to happen and simply reminds me of the mess we are in. 

For me, my one only hope was in Poch returning, but that, most likely, is a very slim chance. 

I'm very disillusioned about our prospects for next season but there is nowt I can do about it. All I can do is to keep hoping that at the end of next season we will have seen a real improvement suggesting the corner has been turned, and we are regarded by the pundits as a good footballing side with  genuine possibilities of eventually becoming a top European club. 

COYS 

20 hours ago, Alonso said:

Totally agree. I am concerned that the "Levy/ENIC out" philosophy may result in us jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

49 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Totally agree. I am concerned that the "Levy/ENIC out" philosophy may result in us jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Mr levy and enic have been trying to find a cash rich buyer for many years ,,,cash rich ,,,,not a billionaire that has no cash and just puts the debt of buying the club ,,back onto the club ,,,,billionaire buys spurs and the debt aswell then the club would be rounded up £3 billion in debt ,,,but lovely new owners with no money 

56 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I’d jump into the pits of Hell itself if it meant we got rid of Levy / Enic

3 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

I’d jump into the pits of Hell itself if it meant we got rid of Levy / Enic

To be further in debt ,,,who has the wedge to buy spurs outright total cash deal ,,,so the club don’t have any debt at all £3 billion cash ,,,not many at all 

Any way the silence from the club is not good about the manager situation,,,it says to me that it’s gotta be someone who is manager at the euros or is tied down to a club 

Keep Mason for peanuts, sell Kane for 100m, finish 14th, then bring Poch for free and start building again. :) 

I can see such a cheap scenario from Levy :) 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Any way the silence from the club is not good about the manager situation,,,it says to me that it’s gotta be someone who is manager at the euros or is tied down to a club 

I disagree mate, I think silence is due to the fact that Paratici will be heavily involved in the manager selection process as they will be working closely together in future transfer dealings. Until his appointment is made official I don't expect to hear anything regarding the new boss. I'm hoping Fabio will be declared Director Of Football tomorrow.

How about this for a crazy idea (but don't dismiss it instantly as it's doing the rounds on the internet) :

Conte tells Daniel he'll let him know about the managers job on Monday. Hard haggling Levy sees this as an opportunity to put some pressure on. He allows the story to leak that Spurs have discontinued talks with Conte and they are now looking elsewhere. Conte is struggling now because there aren't many top clubs hiring at the moment. Tottenham then announce the appointment of Paratici as DOF. He then contacts Conte and suggests the two of them could really make it work at Spurs, Antonio then requests another meeting with Levy and it's all done and dusted. :thumb:

I have to say that this particular bottle of La Brunaude Syrah is going down beautifully this afternoon Hic !

Well this latest twitter from Roman suggests Poch definitely isn't coming :

‘Pochettino NOT leaving’, PSG on same position despite Tottenham talks.  #THFC ...and that’s it: Pochettino has been directly involved in Wijnaldum’ turnaround to join PSG. Poch called Gini several times, they met in 2016 as Poch wanted him at Spurs. Now, together in Paris

Let's be fair, everyone was talking about Poch coming back to Spurs...except Poch.