Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

23 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I agree that everything needs to be taken with the proverbial 'pinch of salt' and I am certainly too long in the tooth to believe what I read in the media. It's just that there does seem to be a pattern emerging when ex candidates are questioned and that's one of available finances at the club. I really do wonder what our financial situation actually is. Are we riddled with debt and unable to finance a rebuild ? would this situation mean that any incoming money from the sale of Kane would not be used to buy a high quality replacement ?.

You talk of being shot into highs but remember that some of us in here have been around many, many (and another many) years. We recall not only special nights, great matches and magical moments but we can also recall a time when we won things as well. This club had a reputation for playing entertaining, free flowing, attacking football, let's get it back. I want a manager who understands the ethos of Spurs and the needs and demands of it's supporters, together with a Chairman who backs him 100%.

As was said so poignantly earlier : I want my Tottenham back :thumb: and I want the younger fans, like yourself, to experience the real highs of watching the team lift a cup or win a league title.

Speaking about the history of the club, I just posted a topic about programme collecting in memory Lane. If any one is interested don’t hesitate to check it out

If Paratici is coming in to be your DOF, because you have finally realized that you don’t have a clue and need some help, I think you have to listen to him on who should be the manager. If he’s your man, you need to commit to his plan.

Nowhere to go but up from the Jose nadir

7 hours ago, We Are Tottenham said:

Ok so don’t shoot me….. How about poaching David Moyes? Would he be that bad a manager for us? He know the league, players and how we want to play. Had good sustained results at Everton and got Wet Spam up the league. He’s also used to working with little wonga.

Moyes would not leave West Ham for spurs, I’m certain of that. We’d just have more ridicule directed at us for trying. 

7 hours ago, GPK said:

TFL (Tight Fisted Levy) probably has a question around "how would you intend improving the situation at Spurs?"
Every time a candidate mentions the word "Spend", TFL puts a big fat red X against said candidate, next candidate please....

Problem is that we actually managed to scrape our way into a CL final with little to no investment, and TFL now believes that he's a genius and that is THE new way to success!

This is the crux of the problem, levy thought he was this great mastermind and they got to the CL final despite poch. Levy got all those average to good players playing as a team and becoming a genuine top 4 team playing on the front foot, at least in his mind. 
then when inevitably without proper backing the team stagnated a little he fucking sacked the best fit manager the club has had for years…

he said in the first episode of Amazon series that if he got it wrong it was on him, well he has and it is. 
I reckon he’ll sack whomever they get now when poch becomes available unless against all odds whoever comes in now works miracles. 

7 hours ago, KCspurs said:

If Paratici is coming in to be your DOF, because you have finally realized that you don’t have a clue and need some help, I think you have to listen to him on who should be the manager. If he’s your man, you need to commit to his plan.

Nowhere to go but up from the Jose nadir

Totally agree. Levy will now have a scapegoat in the DoF so hopefully he’s as good as some of hype surrounding him is. Although he’s not been officially announced yet…

24 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Well ForFuckSaka is signed. It’s done, I’m done. (

This club is done 

Has it been announced? Where?

Not who most (all?) of us would have wanted when this search began. I expect the players too (especially Kane and Son) will be underwhelmed.

Let’s hope he comes in and does an amazing job, although I’m not hopeful - too many unknowns. I’ll get behind him and the team though.

The worst part is the shitty negative PR around it. Appointing the guy who was sacked for Mourinho is just utterly embarrassing. 

Levy has overseen a disastrous period and this is the lowest I’ve felt about Spurs for years. Might not come into this forum much until after the Euros as I’m just fed up with many aspects of my club. 

1 hour ago, BlockFeet said:

Has it been announced? Where?

Not who most (all?) of us would have wanted when this search began. I expect the players too (especially Kane and Son) will be underwhelmed.

Let’s hope he comes in and does an amazing job, although I’m not hopeful - too many unknowns. I’ll get behind him and the team though.

The worst part is the shitty negative PR around it. Appointing the guy who was sacked for Mourinho is just utterly embarrassing. 

Levy has overseen a disastrous period and this is the lowest I’ve felt about Spurs for years. Might not come into this forum much until after the Euros as I’m just fed up with many aspects of my club. 

Nothing official but this is the latest I can find online :

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/11/paulo-fonseca-agrees-two-year-contract-with-tottenham-14755914/?ito=newsnow-feed

22 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Why have the Club not confirmed Paratici as DOF?

All the media rumours are written as if it is done so why no confirmation from Spurs?

The general rumour is that Levy wishes to make a double announcement next week of DOF and manager which will give an image of an already established partnership between the two of them. All media hype and Daniel trying to impress the supporters (fat chance).

10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The general rumour is that Levy wishes to make a double announcement next week of DOF and manager which will give an image of an already established partnership between the two of them. All media hype and Daniel trying to impress the supporters (fat chance).

We’ll He’s not impressing me at all. 

It looks like this Fawlty Towers - or is it Flowery Twats - shit show is going to continue for a few days yet - now not only do we have Fonseca the Feeble - we also have Ten Hag the Terrible and just recently added Lopetegui the Lion with Galtieri the Galle waiting in the wings - Jesus Christ!!!

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for ENIC, maybe this no name has just been brought in to tow the line for a year while Lewis looks to cash out. One can only hope

2 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I will choose to foolishly hope we have struck oil with this hire, even though we were down to our 5th choice it seems. Next time we should enlist the aid of a dart board earlier on in the search! :dd:

Don't forget to spin the dartboard too.

9 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I will choose to foolishly hope we have struck oil with this hire, even though we were down to our 5th choice it seems. Next time we should enlist the aid of a dart board earlier on in the search! :dd:

Yeah but that’s like striking  oil when the rest of the world has moved to renewables

I think that managers whose squad is lacking strength in depth and not too many classy players, manage to adopt a system that gets players playing to their strengths and get the best out of them, for example, Potter. Then you get managers who have bucket loads of talent in their squad who have the luxury of playing be able to play to the managers style of play. They can win trophies ie Pep at City. 

Whoever takes over at  Spurs is unlikely to start the season with a squad talented or skilled enough to play in a a manner they don't have the skill for. I hope that we don't get a manager who is like Mourinho, ie single minded. We need someone who is capable of being flexible and will not come here and 'piss off' the players by playing them out of preferred positions and with a lot of 'chopping and changing'. We need someone who can arrive at getting a settled style where everyone knows, their own job and what and where their team mates are doing. 

Football is a team game, so let's see a bit more of playing as  team and not as individuals which happened too often last season. 

COYS 

I think we will hear later today that Fonseca has been appointed the new manager. Romano has posted his famous 'here we go' message that normally heralds such an announcement but added the word 'soon' after it. I'd take that as today or tomorrow at the latest.:thumb:

The main thing that has me concerned is that when we were talking with Conte, that the amount of money that will be available for transfers seemed to be an issue. Without investment in the team we're only going to see more of the same, no matter who is manager.