Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

2 hours ago, KCspurs said:

The main thing that has me concerned is that when we were talking with Conte, that the amount of money that will be available for transfers seemed to be an issue. Without investment in the team we're only going to see more of the same, no matter who is manager.

This was the latest update from Levy...very much a public relations affair but I hope you find it interesting.

4 hours ago, KCspurs said:

The main thing that has me concerned is that when we were talking with Conte, that the amount of money that will be available for transfers seemed to be an issue. Without investment in the team we're only going to see more of the same, no matter who is manager.

I agree. 
we need a manager who will blood the youth players because we simply don’t have the cash to buy the best. We can take a pint on 20-30m players, maybe the odd 40m (can’t believe the numbers given I grew up in the 80s when anything > 1m was a BIG signing). 

I hope fonseca has history or promoting from within, without new owners these will be the conditions any spurs manager needs to operate under. 

not sure what state our youth team is in but hopefully there are 2-3 close to making jump to first team. 

19 minutes ago, SCIFIN17YID said:
Video unavailable
This video contains content from Tottenham Hotspur Football and Athletic Co. Limited, who has blocked it from display on this website or application.

Does it not say 'watch on you tube' after that and allow you to click on the link ?

If not just go to YouTube and search for 'Levy Interview' :thumb:

2 hours ago, Dazza1976 said:

I agree. 
we need a manager who will blood the youth players because we simply don’t have the cash to buy the best. We can take a pint on 20-30m players, maybe the odd 40m (can’t believe the numbers given I grew up in the 80s when anything > 1m was a BIG signing). 

I hope fonseca has history or promoting from within, without new owners these will be the conditions any spurs manager needs to operate under. 

not sure what state our youth team is in but hopefully there are 2-3 close to making jump to first team. 

That's why I think I prefer Ten hag fonseca is used to getting money to spend Th builds from within the squad on a smaller budget which is probably what we going to be bloody restricted to.

I'm not being funny if you can't always get rid of certain players then just bloody release them then I'd rather have winks dire Sissoko players like that off the books and pay the money to somebody might actually improve us.

Can't we just put her shitttt players up for auction on eBay some championship team will buy them:em21:

5 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

That's why I think I prefer Ten hag fonseca is used to getting money to spend Th builds from within the squad on a smaller budget which is probably what we going to be bloody restricted to.

I'm not being funny if you can't always get rid of certain players then just bloody release them then I'd rather have winks dire Sissoko players like that off the books and pay the money to somebody might actually improve us.

Can't we just put her shitttt players up for auction on eBay some championship team will buy them:em21:

My fear is that Fonseca will come in with an 'everybody deserves a fresh chance' attitude and the likes of Dier, Winks, Sissoko etc get to stay a bit longer. My hope is that Paratici will have done his homework prior to the appointment and have a 'get rid of' list ready for Paulo when he arrives. Then they can both sit down and plan on the purchases needed.

Sounds like a plan !!

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

My fear is that Fonseca will come in with an 'everybody deserves a fresh chance' attitude and the likes of Dier, Winks, Sissoko etc get to stay a bit longer. My hope is that Paratici will have done his homework prior to the appointment and have a 'get rid of' list ready for Paulo when he arrives. Then they can both sit down and plan on the purchases needed.

Sounds like a plan !!

Don't get me wrong as part of the rebuilding process I don't hate dire as a person and as a player I respect as a bench warmer and a defensive midfielder he may be ok as a utility player for one more season, Winx probably frustrates me the most because I'm sorry the potential could have been there but it's never been, Sissoko again I respect him as he came back from a really horrible period on worked his ass off and I think again is Spurs and his heart but again it should only be a bench warmer to waste sitting on the ball for the last 10 minutes.

Surely anyone looking at videos of our last 2 seasons games which is what these people should be doing will see that we need to ship out a lot of rubbish and bring in some quality or we're not going to win anything 

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Sounds like a plan !!

hed be right they partly do deserve a chance.

Winks Dier Sisokko etc were playing when we were top 4 under Poch and whilst they arent our strongest players and Id love upgrades  they are good squad players 

Interesting interview.  A few things come to mind and much does revolve around Pochettino.

Levy mentions that sometimes Managers chose not to invest in particular players when offered and I distinctly remember Pochettino saying similar comments.  So maybe no investment for him was simply more about not being able to actually get his chosen targets and him not settling for other options.

Also, the term unfinished business is used at the end which is exactly the term bandied about around Pochettino.  That could well mean Poch is the top target or it could well mean that Pochettino has not even been contacted.

I very much believe that many of the names thrown around in the Media are complete hogwash as Levy confirms without specifics on who.  While I may not agree with everything he does I will say he does talk sense about sustainability and the financial well being of the Club.  And there is no question that the timing of the Stadium and pandemic could not have been worse for us.  Sometimes being sensible isn't the popular choice but that does not make the decision a poor one.

I admire his conviction and his ingenuity in terms of targeting 3rd party sources and  methods of raising revenue for the Club.  If not for the pandemic we may well be in a completely different place.  

49 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Interesting interview.  A few things come to mind and much does revolve around Pochettino.

Levy mentions that sometimes Managers chose not to invest in particular players when offered and I distinctly remember Pochettino saying similar comments.  So maybe no investment for him was simply more about not being able to actually get his chosen targets and him not settling for other options.

Also, the term unfinished business is used at the end which is exactly the term bandied about around Pochettino.  That could well mean Poch is the top target or it could well mean that Pochettino has not even been contacted.

I very much believe that many of the names thrown around in the Media are complete hogwash as Levy confirms without specifics on who.  While I may not agree with everything he does I will say he does talk sense about sustainability and the financial well being of the Club.  And there is no question that the timing of the Stadium and pandemic could not have been worse for us.  Sometimes being sensible isn't the popular choice but that does not make the decision a poor one.

I admire his conviction and his ingenuity in terms of targeting 3rd party sources and  methods of raising revenue for the Club.  If not for the pandemic we may well be in a completely different place.  

Well said.

Levy has his faults (don't we all) but he is working to build Spurs into one of the top teams in the world. We would always be also-rans with the old stadium - you haven't got a hope when the likes of the Arse are getting 25,000 extra fans for every game.  Money talks.

Many complain that we are not buying big money signings, but we don't have big money. £200,000,000.00 in lost revenue because of Covid.

3 hours ago, Alonso said:

I think there's a big elephant in the room oh if you're so good at the back room business why did we have so many delays on the stadium and why is there no naming rights on it, surely the naming rights were important for giving us a massive money boost

51 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

I think there's a big elephant in the room oh if you're so good at the back room business why did we have so many delays on the stadium and why is there no naming rights on it, surely the naming rights were important for giving us a massive money boost

Agreed and I suspect the culprit is Levy as usual. Just like he thinks he should be getting Messi like value for our cast offs, he’s probably artificially inflated the price of the naming rights. That stadium will be both his zenith and his nadir. It reminds me of the albatross around the neck of the ancient mariner. It’s one of the best stadiums in the world but it’s played in by a totally mediocre team

When looking at DL's tenure, I think it needs looking at the whole of his job and his perceived achievements and failures. He might sit at the top, but there levels of management in different areas doing the nitty gritty work. He is not an expert in every aspect but often has to finalise decisions put before him on the say so of others. 

I think there has to be a collective responsibility and no one has come out squeaky clean. DL, Mourhino and the players have all had moments deserving praise and condemnation over the past few years. 

DL may well have made mistakes that are a part of the blame for the lack of success on the football pitch and lack of trophies, but it was the what happened in the games that saw us under achieve and he has no control of that. 

I am not sticking up for him and I would be happy to see him replaced. That said, I often feel he is often blamed for things that have not gone well over the last 2 years and unfairly so. On balance, I would definitely give him a 7.5 out of ten for the good things that have happened over the last 5 or 6 years. 

COYS 

54 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Agreed and I suspect the culprit is Levy as usual. Just like he thinks he should be getting Messi like value for our cast offs, he’s probably artificially inflated the price of the naming rights. That stadium will be both his zenith and his nadir. It reminds me of the albatross around the neck of the ancient mariner. It’s one of the best stadiums in the world but it’s played in by a totally mediocre team

only every other week :cc:

I truly believe that mr levy has 1 passion and that is to see Tottenham a world wide leader in football,,,,,and he of course wants the trophys. To go with that ,,,who wouldn’t,,,yes he might come across as tight ,,,but I think he would rather spend £100 million on 5 young players with the potential,,than one player in one position for £100 million .

mr levy does more than any other chair of a club in Europe,,,,he takes all the responsibility of a massive board of directors,,I.e Man Utd there are loads of directors 

And like I keep saying the owners of football clubs can’t spend there own wealth ,,,they can only spend the clubs income  or revenue ,,,we spend %50 on wages ,,,Man Utd ,,,,City ,,,Arsenal,,,chelsea,,, are at %86 ,,,,then the shareholders want there bit aswell ,,,and then they are buying ,,,,,Man Utd’s stadium is falling apart ,,,Real Madrid had an £800 million loan of city’s owners to do up there stadium lol 

I know the manager is gonna be hit or miss ,,,,but we have Skipp coming back ,,,sessegnon aswell,,,Dane Scarlett,,,Troy Parrott,,,our academy set up that is producing players that need a manager that has an open mind ,,,they won’t gain knowledge without playing.

our main problem is the centre back area as spurfect said we need a left footed centre back 

I think the way I look at the returning academy players is this.

Would any of those 2 or 3 clubs thinking that the EPL is a possibility want to sign any of them to strengthen their squad. I don't think any team with high ambitions would buy any of them. That said, whilst I think they may become fairly good EPL club players, I don't think they will significantly strengthen our club to a level we could be considered as genuine top 4 contenders. 

If next season our target is in the first of a couple of seasons building our squad back to the level we were at 2 years ago, then those returnees are good enough stop us dropping further. If our target is to try for top 4 and a trophy, we will have to buy in some class players. That will be especially true if we lose Harry and possibly others. As has been said on here often, we do have dross that need moving out and that is difficult if no one comes into buying them. 

I know we are all desperately keen to see genuine signs of hope, but at the same time we have to be pragmatic. It is easy to come up with what is needed, but in reality it is not as simple as think of who you want to buy and keep and it will happen. I wouldn't call that being negative. 

COYS 

21 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think the way I look at the returning academy players is this.

Would any of those 2 or 3 clubs thinking that the EPL is a possibility want to sign any of them to strengthen their squad. I don't think any team with high ambitions would buy any of them. That said, whilst I think they may become fairly good EPL club players, I don't think they will significantly strengthen our club to a level we could be considered as genuine top 4 contenders. 

If next season our target is in the first of a couple of seasons building our squad back to the level we were at 2 years ago, then those returnees are good enough stop us dropping further. If our target is to try for top 4 and a trophy, we will have to buy in some class players. That will be especially true if we lose Harry and possibly others. As has been said on here often, we do have dross that need moving out and that is difficult if no one comes into buying them. 

I know we are all desperately keen to see genuine signs of hope, but at the same time we have to be pragmatic. It is easy to come up with what is needed, but in reality it is not as simple as think of who you want to buy and keep and it will happen. I wouldn't call that being negative. 

COYS 

The sooner someone tells Levy about EBay the better chance we have of removing some of the dross. "Buy Him Now price or Make an Offer"  has real appeal as far as I'm concerned.

7 minutes ago, Borodin said:

The sooner someone tells Levy about EBay the better chance we have of removing some of the dross. "Buy Him Now price or Make an Offer"  has real appeal as far as I'm concerned.

Tbh mate I am so pleased we now have a dof,,,that is gonna sit down with the new coach ,,sort out the outs and sort out the realistic targets based on the monies coming in and the budget they are given ,,,,,

we do have some very good players ,,,that I think were punished by ( not Jose ) the coaching staff ,,,one mistake your on the naughty step etc 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Reports that fonseca salary is 4 to 5 million a year,and mourinho was on 15 million,tight arsed levy at it again 

Yes but apparently Fonseca was only on £2m a year at Roma so he's more than doubled his wages. See how it compares to other Premier managers :

https://sportscriber.com/money/premier-league-managers-salary/