Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

20 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I just used it for an example if you want me to paste more :

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12335008/spurs-target-gattuso-after-fonseca-talks-break-down

Paulo Fonseca to Tottenham is 100% OFF. Deal collapsed because of taxes issues despite contract already completed and set to be signed - Fonseca had tax advantages from an Italian law which is not applicable in the UK #THFC Spurs in talks with Gattuso now

Yeah, Fabrizio Romano is the greatest source and is never wrong, Ali Gold close second. And Di Marzio is good if the news is Italian so you can trust him on Gattuso and Fonseca

5 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Yeah, Fabrizio Romano is the greatest source and is never wrong, Ali Gold close second. And Di Marzio is good if the news is Italian so you can trust him on Gattuso and Fonseca

Okay, I tried. Time will tell whether it's true or not.

Here's my theory....

Levy thinks that he's smart, because Spurs managed to get to CL final with minimal investment in the team.

Now he's going one step further, wanting us to be the first team to reach the CL final without a manager!

This will be the first time in Premier League history that an hour before kick off for the first match of the 21/22 season the Tottenham Hotspur team will announce the name of the manager instead of the other way around.

20 minutes ago, GPK said:

Here's my theory....

Levy thinks that he's smart, because Spurs managed to get to CL final with minimal investment in the team.

Now he's going one step further, wanting us to be the first team to reach the CL final without a manager!

He might as well throw on a track suit and be the manager . Although he’s probably Draw out negotiation’s with himself over salary

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

This will be the first time in Premier League history that an hour before kick off for the first match of the 21/22 season the Tottenham Hotspur team will announce the name of the manager instead of the other way around.

They’ll probably have a raffle at the season opener for fans….. winning ticket gets to be new manager

16 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Levy Selling scratch cards in the Spurs shop win yourself your dream manager's job

Currently Daniel Levy is a big issue at this football club and that's how I hope to see him next season. Outside the ground shouting "Big Issue !, Big Issue !"

Gattuso had some nice results last season, we just have to hope we can have results like these: 4-0, 6-0, 4-1, 5-2, and 5-1. Some of those happened multiple times. It looks like from recent Napoli results he keeps between 50-60% possession. Hope we can keep something like this up

1 hour ago, Spurs8Winks said:

It explains the rule

It may well explain the rule but it does not explain how this came to be a stumbling block during 'advanced' discussions. We are talking about professional people here in contractual negotiations. These Fonseca discussions have gone on for weeks not hours. Are you seriously trying to tell me that just as both parties were about to put pen to paper somebody remembered a rule that was originally mentioned in the media two years ago and said "Hang on a minute lads, we've forgotten about this" ???

I am much more inclined to believe the growing rumour that following Gattuso leaving Fiorentina our new DOF has had a word in Levy's ear and said he would prefer working with him rather than Fonseca. Levy drops the axe on Paulo and starts talking to Gennaro instead.

PS

As for possession statistics in the Premier league they count for absolutely nothing. I would rather the opposition have 99% possession but do nothing with it and Spurs just have 1% but score a goal. If they ever change the rule to highest possession percentage winning games instead of goals then football is truly doomed.