Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

2 minutes ago, SMD said:

Do not want Gattuso an awful person.

Totally agree. He averages 0.86 years as a manager at clubs and that statistic was before his last appointment (23 days). When you consider the calibre and CV's of the people we were originally reported to be looking at and examine Gattuso's credentials it is evident just how far this club has fallen in it's managerial expectations.

40 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It may well explain the rule but it does not explain how this came to be a stumbling block during 'advanced' discussions. We are talking about professional people here in contractual negotiations. These Fonseca discussions have gone on for weeks not hours. Are you seriously trying to tell me that just as both parties were about to put pen to paper somebody remembered a rule that was originally mentioned in the media two years ago and said "Hang on a minute lads, we've forgotten about this" ???

I am much more inclined to believe the growing rumour that following Gattuso leaving Fiorentina our new DOF has had a word in Levy's ear and said he would prefer working with him rather than Fonseca. Levy drops the axe on Paulo and starts talking to Gennaro instead.

PS

As for possession statistics in the Premier league they count for absolutely nothing. I would rather the opposition have 99% possession but do nothing with it and Spurs just have 1% but score a goal. If they ever change the rule to highest possession percentage winning games instead of goals then football is truly doomed.

Ngl, I didn’t read the full article I read a tweet explaining a little bit of it and some of the article. And so you don’t care if the team plays park the bus as long as they win? I thought one of the things was that we wanted to have an attacking manager that was the point of that

Here's an interesting article that explains the stumbling block @Spurs8Winks has been referring to. It would appear that the tax law prevented Fonseca from taking over when Spurs wanted him to pre-season.

https://football-italia.net/gattuso-tottenham-latest-updates-and-why-spurs-dropped-fonseca/

This makes sense but I still have an inkling that Paratici may also have expressed a preference for Gattuso.

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Here's an interesting article that explains the stumbling block @Spurs8Winks has been referring to. It would appear that the tax law prevented Fonseca from taking over when Spurs wanted him to pre-season.

https://football-italia.net/gattuso-tottenham-latest-updates-and-why-spurs-dropped-fonseca/

This makes sense but I still have an inkling that Paratici may also have expressed a preference for Gattuso.

@Borodin thanks for saving my ass so I don’t look like a complete idiot, just a small one

2 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Ngl, I didn’t read the full article I read a tweet explaining a little bit of it and some of the article. And so you don’t care if the team plays park the bus as long as they win? I thought one of the things was that we wanted to have an attacking manager that was the point of that

It is possible to attack without necessarily having the ball. One of the greatest secrets of a team's success is how they play when they haven't got the ball rather than are in possession. Keeping a high press and forcing errors far up in your opponents half and then clinically converting those chances into goals does not necessarily demand a high possession percentage rate just a high degree of concentration and effort.

Just now, Borodin said:

It is possible to attack without necessarily having the ball. One of the greatest secrets of a team's success is how they play when they haven't got the ball rather than are in possession. Keeping a high press and forcing errors far up in your opponents half and then clinically converting those chances into goals does not necessarily demand a high possession percentage rate just a high degree of concentration and effort.

If we got someone like Rangnick then that’s how we would have played

2 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

@Borodin thanks for saving my ass so I don’t look like a complete idiot, just a small one

You didn't look any size of an idiot my friend. This is a forum and we are here to amicably exchange views and opinions on matters. That's what I love about this place compared to others. We don't resort to personal insults or attacks but have a friendly debate. I'll see you in the pub later for a pint :thumb::thumb:

18 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

FFS I’m going to have to ask my mate who works at Spurs again to tell us what’s happening.

I mean he knew sod all last time, but that’s as much as anyone seems to know at Spurs.

Ask the tea person..

Not lady.pc:dd: she can also drop some lsd in it

I can't remember  who our next manager is replacing it's been so long....but I am glad it isn't Fonseca regardless.

Remember, Levy said many of the media mentioned names have never even been contacted by Spurs.  My guess is they are still, and have been working a particular Manager and it just isn't getting leaked into the press.  The media are just throwing out names to create stories.

1 minute ago, Alonso said:

I can't remember  who our next manager is replacing it's been so long....but I am glad it isn't Fonseca regardless.

Remember, Levy said many of the media mentioned names have never even been contacted by Spurs.  My guess is they are still, and have been working a particular Manager and it just isn't getting leaked into the press.  The media are just throwing out names to create stories.

Exactly. Media speculation and made up nonsense. People are being spoken to. Enquiries and interviews will take place. A formal job offer will be made to someone. When an offer is accepted it’ll be announced.

Gattuso in the past has made some very bad comments and I understand why the media is lashing out at him. The man is not the greatest manager ever but he’s a more educated risk then Mourinho. We all knew EXACTLY how Jose would end and it ended how we thought. We never know maybe after a week we’ll start warming up a bit to Gattuso. Like I always say, all we can do is hope. The man has apologised in interviews and it seems like he’s trying to clean up and shake that personality.

44 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Good point but Fabrizio Romano l, Di Marizio and Ali Gold have all reported Gattuso and they are all very reliable sources and very rarely get things wrong

One less reliable source says the contract will be signed within the next few hours and Paratici is in Milan. Di Marizio, a reliable source, says very positive talks have happened but they are still evaluating. To your point @Alonso we gotta look at the reliable source not the less one.

1 hour ago, KCspurs said:

Just pay PSG whatever they want for Poch so we can say this was the plan all along and save some face 

Have you ever considered that maybe (just maybe) Poch is quite happy at PSG and looking forward to winning the French league title next season ?. As opposed to coming back to Spurs and having to try and sort this huge mess out. Poch won't work with a DOF so that's another reason he won't come. I think Daniel accepted that fact when he appointed Paratici.

5 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

It seems now they are background checking him to see if actually said those things or if the media twisted them and checking him as a person. It seems they do care

I really hope they do these checks but I have little faith that they'll take notice of them.  A quick search produces homophobic, sexist and racist reports along with a few thuggish ones.  Surely we can't be going this route.

This is absolutely shambolic, levy has put himself and the club into a ridiculous situation. 
gattuso would  be a terrible appointment, shocking. 
I’d rather we went with a young manager who knows the English game if we can’t get poch (as it seems now). 
What is Eddie Howes situation, is he available? There has to be a young manager worth a punt if we can’t get a decent experienced manager in. 
my old man joked about klinnsman but right now I’d take him. Even Martinez who I was against I now would snap your arms off to get him. Maybe that’s it, maybe levy is waiting for him.

Spurs are a joke club at the moment, no trophies whilst pretending to be a big club, massive debt but no fans in that lovely stadium due to Covid (can’t blame levy for that, but it wish I could), sacked the best manager we’ve had for years because of one sticky period (in which we still got to the CL final), squad not refreshed, star player wants to leave, ESL debacle (how on levy thought that was going happen I don’t know). Lessons in how to destroy all the goodwill poch built up with that team in the previous 4-5 seasons. 

From now on if anyone asks we who I support I’ll say no one because levy is a disaster at the moment.