Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

9 hours ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Apparently they are looking back at Rangnick and Ten Haag but they are ‘complicated’ but they have approached former barca manager from 2017 to 2020 Ernesto valverde (Fabrizio Romano) 

Doesn’t matter who or how many they approach, just like how we’re linked with every possible player during transfer seasons….. it matters who’s going to take the job when they realize they will have no money to play with

the only person who’s desperate and mad enough to actually want this gig is Martinez and I’m sorry but he does not inspire me one bit 

It is becoming clear that successful top managers hold the cards in the negotiations when the bigger clubs are looking to replace managers. They became top managers because their squads bulged with world  lass players and are only interested if they are promised the clubs promises to buy them. 

As I see it, DL 'bites the bullet' and finds a way to bring in the players these top managers want, or he stops continuing in making the club look stupid with all the shenanigans that have gone on by getting in a guy who has got a low to mid table club to punch above it's weight with a much less talented squad. Someone like Potter. 

Football wise, I have been increasingly quite upset and down over the last couple of months with the diabolical farce bringing in a new manager. THFC may not have won much in the way of trophies over the last 3 decades, but with our history, new stadium and potential, we are still one of the biggest and best clubs in Europe ffs. We do not deserve to be a laughing stock and we should be one of those clubs with managers lining up to join us. 

DL and Enic are the ones who run the club, the coach and the players may have to take a portion of the blame, but thy have no say in the finances of the club which are the real key to success. For 3 decades now, success has been bought as the level playing field is long gone and dead and buried. 

I don't know quite how we claw our way out of this mess, but if DL cannot pull a rabbit out of the hat and finds a decent manager and provides him with the payers needed, it is hard to have any belief that the coming season will get us back to being a genuine top 4 European club. 

COYS 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57537595

we need to get someone in who accepts we’ve only got cash from sales to spend. The club have no big money, tbf to levy COVID timing just after stadium is built is a disaster. 
personally if we are skint then let’s pray the academy can churn a couple out, we should sell kane to raise funds, whomever we get has to have track record of promoting youth.  

3 hours ago, Dazza1976 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57537595

we need to get someone in who accepts we’ve only got cash from sales to spend. The club have no big money, tbf to levy COVID timing just after stadium is built is a disaster. 
personally if we are skint then let’s pray the academy can churn a couple out, we should sell kane to raise funds, whomever we get has to have track record of promoting youth.  

Maybe you do have the answer right there we have got some exciting youngsters coming through with Skippy leading them as an example

1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

Maybe you do have the answer right there we have got some exciting youngsters coming through with Skippy leading them as an example

My problem is the way Levy operates -  you can’t claim to be one of the Big Clubs, market yourself like a Big Club, charge the most out of the Big Clubs, all the while you operate like a bottom feeder club with only one or two really good players supported by a cast of has beens and young unproven kids. Levy thinks having his flashy stadium allows him to bypass some of the fundamentals required to be successful……he’s wrong

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

The more this drags on the more I keep thinking mr levy will stick with Ryan Mason or Jurgen Klinsmann for the short term .

it appears that hiring a manager is very complicated,,,and most have a lot of baggage 

I did say in one of my posts a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ryan Mason was reinstated as manager at the start of next season.

For me, the big worry is DL will panic and rush in someone who is neither suitable enough to build for the future or good enough to get the best out of he squad he will have to pick from.It is likely we would finish up at the end of the season worse than this one.

Unless DL guarantees any top successful managers he would pay whatever it cost in transfer fees and wages what it needed to bring in the world's best players plus a top wage to the manager, no half decent manager would touch us with a barge pole. No top players would be available for who ever is manager, and we will be back to being a 10th to 6th selling team. 

Some half decent managers decided to stay with their clubs rather than risk coming to a big club like us with our fantastic stadium that is geared up to be a massive money earner. Everything is in place for THFC to join the greats. We should not bethe current laughing stock. It just doesn't make sense to me as I would have thought they would be queuing up for the job. What is it they know that we the fans and journos don't know?

COYS 

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I did say in one of my posts a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ryan Mason was reinstated as manager at the start of next season.

For me, the big worry is DL will panic and rush in someone who is neither suitable enough to build for the future or good enough to get the best out of he squad he will have to pick from.It is likely we would finish up at the end of the season worse than this one.

Unless DL guarantees any top successful managers he would pay whatever it cost in transfer fees and wages what it needed to bring in the world's best players plus a top wage to the manager, no half decent manager would touch us with a barge pole. No top players would be available for who ever is manager, and we will be back to being a 10th to 6th selling team. 

Some half decent managers decided to stay with their clubs rather than risk coming to a big club like us with our fantastic stadium that is geared up to be a massive money earner. Everything is in place for THFC to join the greats. We should not bethe current laughing stock. It just doesn't make sense to me as I would have thought they would be queuing up for the job. What is it they know that we the fans and journos don't know?

COYS 

Ryan Mason would be an even bigger disaster than Gattuso - just picking his mates week in week out - I would like to see Galtier , Potter , Ten Hag or even Howe before him - it's a shame that Levy is here - Conte is exactly the utterly ruthless Manager we need - spend money on 2 quality defenders and a goalkeeper - that would give us more than enough stability at the back to start bringing our young talent through.

3 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Ryan Mason would be an even bigger disaster than Gattuso - just picking his mates week in week out - I would like to see Galtier , Potter , Ten Hag or even Howe before him - it's a shame that Levy is here - Conte is exactly the utterly ruthless Manager we need - spend money on 2 quality defenders and a goalkeeper - that would give us more than enough stability at the back to start bringing our young talent through.

Have to agree that Ryan Mason would not be my choice either. He did okay in the closing few games but his lack of experience would definitely show over a whole strenuous season. I also don't think it would be fair on him to have such a huge mess dumped on his young shoulders. He'd be far better being included in part of the management set up and provided we bring in someone decent he could possibly then learn a few tricks of the trade for later on in life.

Seems obvious that candidates are being put off by Levy’s unwillingness to pay for the needed transfers.

I would react the same way… you’re inheriting a team that’s old and isn’t good enough and Levy is telling you that you need to either sell the best parts or turn water into wine. Who would sign up for that, other than someone who would never get to manage a big club otherwise?

This is Levy’s problem. The lack of investment in the team, the farcical managerial search, the fact that the next managers budget will be hurt by the bill for his Mourinho debacle… hell, Mourinho may have done better with more investment but would never have gotten it.

Levy is the problem.

It reads like to me the differences are to do with the new dof and where the transfer money is to be spent ,,,,,so if a new manager and dof are not getting on in talks ,,there’s no point .

so the new manager needs a good start with the dof and maybe not so much with mr levy now 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Scott Parker 

Why not him or Graham Potter tbh, Naglesmann got a chance after Hoffenheim and look how that worked out he’s managing Bayern now

9 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Scott Parker is agreeing his mutual termination of his contract 

He's off to Bournemouth mate. I posted you the link :thumb: