Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

2 hours ago, grahambailey said:

The real worrying thing that is in the back of my mind is that Levy has planned to appoint Ruin Mason all along - and the BS about appointing a manager in the Spurs tradition is the clue to Mason being given the reins - and I am deadly serious about stopping my support - cancel membership and attending games - the whole shooting match . I have - like you - had to take some of the ridiculous things etc and carry on - but this reeks of Levy just taking the fans for granted - ESL , £60 a ticket to watch Mason's Mates go through the motions and now this circus of a manager hunt - I'm sick down to my boots - each day that passes now is just making me angrier and angrier.
As a Spurs supporter you have to have Rhino skin , an amazing sense of humour and the forlorn hope that it'll happen one day - at the moment I have none of these left.
Very sad and humiliating times indeed.

Sorry to read that, Graham but it is fully understandable. I think you are far from being alone who feel the same. 

That said, perhaps you could still carry on posting on here as a disgruntled supporter who is currently taking a sabbatical from actively supporting Spurs until DL goes. We cater for any football talk and other topics who almost to a man/women who post on here, we all think like you. 

Just a thought. 

COYS 

Sad, but I don't blame Potter.

There is obviously some odor here that is keeping the decent names away, be it the near proximity of Levy, this new DOF, or the seeming truth that the candidates are being told there won't be a transfer budget because Levy still needs to pay for his Mourinho mistake and the nest-feathering that wasn't done last year.

The big names like Conte won't deal with it because they know the team isn't good enough to win now, and without a transfer budget there's little hope. Even the other names under consideration know the odds will be against them of staying long if they have to win with what is on the team currently. No one is going to bet their reputation on turning water into wine when Spurs roster is that of a mid-table side at best.

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Sorry to read that, Graham but it is fully understandable. I think you are far from being alone who feel the same. 

That said, perhaps you could still carry on posting on here as a disgruntled supporter who is currently taking a sabbatical from actively supporting Spurs until DL goes. We cater for any football talk and other topics who almost to a man/women who post on here, we all think like you. 

Just a thought. 

COYS 

I will continue with site - I've not been here long - but I like it! - I wish I'd found it earlier - but I so sad and angry at Levy's antics - I cannot help it - but I am disgusted at what Enic is doing - Levy is a 50% shareholder - so he's never going to walk away from his £7 Million a year - I understand the money thing - but no Manager after 70 days is just criminal.

16 minutes ago, KCspurs said:

Sad, but I don't blame Potter.

There is obviously some odor here that is keeping the decent names away, be it the near proximity of Levy, this new DOF, or the seeming truth that the candidates are being told there won't be a transfer budget because Levy still needs to pay for his Mourinho mistake and the nest-feathering that wasn't done last year.

The big names like Conte won't deal with it because they know the team isn't good enough to win now, and without a transfer budget there's little hope. Even the other names under consideration know the odds will be against them of staying long if they have to win with what is on the team currently. No one is going to bet their reputation on turning water into wine when Spurs roster is that of a mid-table side at best.

Exactly right.

Successful managers had the players to produce the the results. To go to a club lacking a squad not good enough to have a chance of competing for top honours and not likely to provide the funds to rectify this, to go there is a backward step for them. It is like being relegated. Also, as you say, they have a reputation to keep. 

If DL stays, and there is every chance he will, I only hope he has learned from this ridiculous situation he has found himself in. I can't believe that a club as rich as ours assets wise can't find a way to raise the cash to emulate those clubs in the EPL who, over the last 2 decades and more, have bought their success.

It is not rocket science to see success at the highest level more than repays any outlay from the success it bought. I only wish those taking the decisions re transfers in could see it and, have the balls to risk it. 

COYS 

8 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

I will continue with site - I've not been here long - but I like it! - I wish I'd found it earlier - but I so sad and angry at Levy's antics - I cannot help it - but I am disgusted at what Enic is doing - Levy is a 50% shareholder - so he's never going to walk away from his £7 Million a year - I understand the money thing - but no Manager after 70 days is just criminal.

Great news, thank you for staying with us. 

COYS 

Are we seriously going to end up back where we started with Mason as manager? I’m not liking the rumbling coming out of Spurs right now. If we end up with Mason, this club will be finished 

6 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Are we seriously going to end up back where we started with Mason as manager? I’m not liking the rumbling coming out of Spurs right now. If we end up with Mason, this club will be finished 

A few on here have predicted the scenario you suggest Ryan will be our manager when the season starts. 

As disappointing as that thought is, I don't think it is quite that bad. It certainly raises the possibility that it may put back our return to being a top 4 club by a season or two. However, I still hold on to the possibility of us winning the top trophies in this decade. 

Hopefully over the next 6 months some kind of freedom will be allowed to let us tart bringing in bucket loads of money from NFL games, Pop concerts and boxing spectacles. When that happens our fortunes will change even under DL. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, USSpurs said:

To copy and paste from before: 

Under Ryan Mason we won 4/6 premier league games, I believe that’s a 66% win rate. If we had him for the whole of the season with that percentage, that would have gotten us 75 points. In the last seasons tables with that amount of points we would have gotten 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and 4th. just a little bit of optimism

44 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

To copy and paste from before: 

Under Ryan Mason we won 4/6 premier league games, I believe that’s a 66% win rate. If we had him for the whole of the season with that percentage, that would have gotten us 75 points. In the last seasons tables with that amount of points we would have gotten 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and 4th. just a little bit of optimism

I feel genuinely sorry for Mason being put in this position. He clearly loves the club and wants to do all he can to get us out of this mess but having him as manager is not the answer. He's just not ready for such a high profile/pressure position and would possibly be best as assistant manager, learning the ropes and preparing himself for what could be a very bright managerial career. Let's not try making him run before he learns to walk.

4 hours ago, Borodin said:

I feel genuinely sorry for Mason being put in this position. He clearly loves the club and wants to do all he can to get us out of this mess but having him as manager is not the answer. He's just not ready for such a high profile/pressure position and would possibly be best as assistant manager, learning the ropes and preparing himself for what could be a very bright managerial career. Let's not try making him run before he learns to walk.

I completely 100% agree, I know he's not ready but people are acting like we'll get relegated under him and I was just showing why he's not as bad as he seems

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

Spot on. 

The other thing I would add is that if he aspires to being a manager, I would suggest he starts with a different club. It is extremely difficult for anyone who is just one of the boys in a club to suddenly switch to being a no nonsense manager.

All top EPL clubs have quite a few international players in the squad who will believe they are pretty good players, they don't take kindly to being hauled over the coals. Managers have to be strong minded and capable of asserting their authority. Would like to give Harry Kane a bollacking? 

COYS 

14 hours ago, USSpurs said:

Mason is not a 1st Team Manager yet and besides playing his mates - look at link and tell me why Ruin Mason played Delle Alli instead of this fella??
https://twitter.com/thespursweb/status/1409540101240143872?s=20

49 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Mason is not a 1st Team Manager yet and besides playing his mates - look at link and tell me why Ruin Mason played Delle Alli instead of this fella??

As I have said of him before, when you tell the squad to stop calling you Gaffer but by first name or Mase, you have given away your authority. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that some of the senior players had a big say on who played and who didn't. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

As I have said of him before, when you tell the squad to stop calling you Gaffer but by first name or Mase, you have given away your authority. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that some of the senior players had a big say on who played and who didn't. 

COYS 

Yeah I had a feeling the team selection wasn't all his, mix of influence from senior players and Levy probably @grahambailey

At this point in the farcical manage hunt we seem to be at its nadir with two options, Martinez or Mason. While I will not be convinced that Martinez is the type of high profile manager who can take Spurs back to the lofty heights of playing in CL finals, I’ll take him over Mason any day. It’s just been the most pathetic and frustrating experience I’ve ever had in 40+ years as a fan. I like I assume all of us just want this merry go round to finally end. 
whatever happens the best outcome would be never having to see, read or hear from Daniel Levy ever again

2 hours ago, grahambailey said:

probably cos that fella had had plenty of chances and was playing as we slid pathetically down the table,  Dele hadnt had a chance due to joses archaic ways and when given a chance by Ryan didnt let us down

Im not saying it was correct to choose Dele over that fella , id have picked them both in some games , but Dele certainly didnt let us down when Ryan did pick him

39 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

probably cos that fella had had plenty of chances and was playing as we slid pathetically down the table,  Dele hadnt had a chance due to joses archaic ways and when given a chance by Ryan didnt let us down

Im not saying it was correct to choose Dele over that fella , id have picked them both in some games , but Dele certainly didnt let us down when Ryan did pick him

He was nowhere near it for me - and to be honest - has not been for the last 2 seasons - I read some of the fans tweets after the last match - and they were pretty scathing of Delle - don't get me wrong - I wish he could return to form as well - but I do not see it happening at Spurs - I really do think we'd be better off shipping him out - could be the shake up he needs.

24 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

He was nowhere near it for me - and to be honest - has not been for the last 2 seasons - I read some of the fans tweets after the last match - and they were pretty scathing of Delle - don't get me wrong - I wish he could return to form as well - but I do not see it happening at Spurs - I really do think we'd be better off shipping him out - could be the shake up he needs.

yeh but youre ready to give up on Spurs so........ ;-)

hes hardly played for two seasons so how can he be 'at it' really ?  He set up a number of chances, fluffed some of his own, good passes , not everything came off but thats cos he tried more difficult stuff at times 

I dont need fans tweets to tell me anything, probably same fans who gave Levy such a hard time in their tough meeting after ESL , they really taught him a lesson 

56 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

yeh but youre ready to give up on Spurs so........ ;-)

hes hardly played for two seasons so how can he be 'at it' really ?  He set up a number of chances, fluffed some of his own, good passes , not everything came off but thats cos he tried more difficult stuff at times 

I dont need fans tweets to tell me anything, probably same fans who gave Levy such a hard time in their tough meeting after ESL , they really taught him a lesson 

They were at the game! - and he has been ordinary for 3 seasons - every one can't be wrong - and my quote was IF Mason is given the job!! he was playing poorly while Ericsen was getting hammered for being no different - it is all about opinions  - I stick to mine.