Spurs Web
Borodin

Who Will Be The Next Manager ?

Might as well get behind him - he does seem a decent bloke unlike Jose. 

2 year deal so easy enough to extend contract if going well or replace him if it doesn’t. 

Let’s hope he brings some of the talent from Wolves. 

I think that he is well connected too via that parasite of a football agent whose name I forget, although we have Paratici now so maybe that’s not important now.

i hear he tends to bring a big entourage with him but I’d hope that some of the staff stay in coaching roles - Ledley king, if not Ryan Mason.

34 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Come on let’s back the man this might be the greatest appointment ever fingers crossed lol

Not many peoples 1st choice - but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If they get him a couple of World Class Central Defenders to build on - that would be the proof that we as supporters would like Levy to do - to show us that he's serious and not bullshitting us or Nuno!.
COYS!!

39 minutes ago, Spurs8Winks said:

Well this topic can die now, yay.

It can die down but not disappear entirely. There will come a time when it will be needed again :thumb:

I will get behind him, if we play decent football, I have little reason not to support him.

Jose was different due to history but even then if he'd have carried on like before the W Ham collapse hed have had more support 

I bet Levy wishes hed agreed swapping Kane for Sterling now as Euros Sterlings value must have increased and Harrys decreased (so far though I feel a Harry hat trick coming on V Ukraine ) ( and I dont mean that stupidly as in that we will walk it easily cos we wont) 

13 hours ago, KCspurs said:

I don’t like it. I’m not impressed with him and I think this is a downgrade and not a move that a top 6 team would make. I think this was a desperation hire after we got down to the 10th name on our list and the whole thing became a circus.

I hope that I’m wrong but I doubt Santo is going to be able to do much. The idea of appointing someone “known for getting the most out of his players” carries the aroma to me of Levy wanting to preserve middling results without investing in the team.

I've never met the guy and have only seen him on TV interviews so I have no reason to dislike him.

His CV, while not being outstanding, is pretty good. I don't judge success by trophies, you have to have squads with top players to do that. He has managed lesser clubs and apparently got them playing well and finishing reasonably high in the table and doing well in cup competitions. 

If he, at the start of this season after the Ins and outs,  has a half decent squad, that's his chance to prove himself. If what he managed at Wolves is indicative of getting the best out of players, then I think there is sufficient evidence to have hope he will do well with us. 

As for being a backward step, because no top manager showed any inclination to join us, that was inevitable. I think under the circumstances, by getting him, we have got away with it to some extent. 

COYS 

Well not that inspiring but it is a sign of where the club is at. We have little money in the kitty for transfers so they’ll have to wheel and deal and look for bargains. 

Levy is trying to spin doctor it but from where we were 2.5 years ago on the pitch we have come down hard. 

still at least we have a manager so need to back him, especially given we know what he’s working under. Will be a struggle to break top 6 this season I think. 

let's hope he can do better with our squad he suffered with some injuries at wolves but it still wasn't fantastic was it, I'll go into this with open eyes but it's really not inspiring, I can't see Harry Kane being impressed with this,  unless he has a sit down with nuno and Levy and they have some good news for him about transfers and building the squad:em8:

2 hours ago, Dazza1976 said:

Well not that inspiring but it is a sign of where the club is at. We have little money in the kitty for transfers so they’ll have to wheel and deal and look for bargains. 

Levy is trying to spin doctor it but from where we were 2.5 years ago on the pitch we have come down hard. 

still at least we have a manager so need to back him, especially given we know what he’s working under. Will be a struggle to break top 6 this season I think. 

Top 6 would be a miracle mate. I think we are looking at a few years farting around 10th spot. There’s going to be no money available for this guy other than player sales and we all know Levy is utterly delusional when it comes to player evaluations. I wish the guy luck but I can’t see us top 6 anytime soon

When Mourinho was hired there were many here that wished it had been Nuno.  Now we hire Nuno and it's all doom and gloom.

Until last season Wolves were a newly promoted revelation.  I'm confident that this is a similar appointment to Pochettino.  Let's all get behind him and see where it leads us

Welcome Nuno and Good Luck.  I sincerely hope you do make us all proud!

COYS:2074087892_yid1:

13 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Top 6 would be a miracle mate. I think we are looking at a few years farting around 10th spot. There’s going to be no money available for this guy other than player sales and we all know Levy is utterly delusional when it comes to player evaluations. I wish the guy luck but I can’t see us top 6 anytime soon

If Harry Kane leaves there is no way on God's earth that Levy would be allowed to stash that money away for a rainy day.. The supporters would quite rightly demand that it is pumped back immediately into rejuvenating the squad. We could also be looking at the imminent sale of Winks, Aurier, Lamela and possibly Sissoko. It is imperative that such funds are used to finance a rebuild, however small initially.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one and we'll see what the transfer window brings. I have a suspicion that Paratici has already decided who the Spurs departures will be and started sounding potential buying clubs out regarding them. It will then be between himself and Nuno to decide on who is required to put this club firmly back on it's feet again.

I'm going to make a bold statement here and predict that we do make top six next season and that the Three Musketeers of Levy, Paratici and Santo prove the doubters wrong.

11 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

Can I just say as well nuno always reminds me of an extra from pimp My Ride or one of those car programs he looks like one of the Mexican :dd:guys that does the upholstery. 

I've got it the next Amazon series

nuno pimps our Spurs

Actually Daniel Levy has called Nuno Espirito Santo as the "One I Anoint To Spurs" (Now I reckon that's one of my best ever anagrams) :thumb:

26 minutes ago, Borodin said:

We could also be looking at the imminent sale of Winks, Aurier, Lamela and possibly Sissoko

Do you believe clubs  are going to pay what Levy "values"deadwood?/ Here in lies the problem. It is Catch 22....No Money Until we sell and no sales because no one is going to pay for example, 30m for Winks. I hope I am wrong but Levy hasn't changed in 21 years and I doubt he will now

I will say to be fair I'm looking forward to seeing Nuno running the training sessions and him sitting in the training camp talking about how great our club is at least it's better than listening to all the ball crap that was going around about who was signing, if we get some decent players in the next week I'll be happy

16 hours ago, grahambailey said:

Not many peoples 1st choice - but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If they get him a couple of World Class Central Defenders to build on - that would be the proof that we as supporters would like Levy to do - to show us that he's serious and not bullshitting us or Nuno!.
COYS!!

When we had Toby and Jan the pundits claimed Spurs had the best central pairing in the EPL.  We also had Walker and Rose at fullback. We lost 3 of them, and despite our attacking flair, their replacements leaked goals and we plummeted from a genuine top 4 club capable of challenging for top honours to where we are now. 

Look what happened to Liverpool losing Van Dijk. They had fantastic fire power, but their defence fell apart once their king pin CB who organised their defence missed the bulk of the season - they went from top to struggling make 4th despite the talent in their squad. 

I wholly agree and we have to priortise getting an impregnable defence before replacing Harry. He and Sonny were fantastic, but it was not enough by a mile. 

COYS 

28 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

Do you believe clubs  are going to pay what Levy "values"deadwood?/ Here in lies the problem. It is Catch 22....No Money Until we sell and no sales because no one is going to pay for example, 30m for Winks. I hope I am wrong but Levy hasn't changed in 21 years and I doubt he will now

Note I never mentioned just how much we would get for these players and that's why I mentioned an initial rebuild, however small. If Levy is serious about sorting this mess out then we have to bite the bullet and launch a fire sale to get rid now. Take the hit and move on. Personally I don't value Winks at £30 but apparently Villa and Man Utd are interested in signing him and I'd snatch their hands off at £20m.

Be under no illusion that Levy has had a massive wake up call the past few months. The Mourinho fiasco and this latest manager recruitment drive have battered his credibility and the reputation of the club. He knows we are currently a laughing stock and his pride and personal reputation have been severely bruised. I think he will be desperate to win the fans back and prove a point to his fellow club chairmen.

One thing you never, ever do with people like Daniel Levy is under estimate them.

4 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I've never met the guy and have only seen him on TV interviews so I have no reason to dislike him.

His CV, while not being outstanding, is pretty good. I don't judge success by trophies, you have to have squads with top players to do that. He has managed lesser clubs and apparently got them playing well and finishing reasonably high in the table and doing well in cup competitions. 

If he, at the start of this season after the Ins and outs,  has a half decent squad, that's his chance to prove himself. If what he managed at Wolves is indicative of getting the best out of players, then I think there is sufficient evidence to have hope he will do well with us. 

As for being a backward step, because no top manager showed any inclination to join us, that was inevitable. I think under the circumstances, by getting him, we have got away with it to some extent. 

COYS 

Perhaps he’s only a stopgap, and with a two year contract that will be affordable by comparison to Mourinho he may be on a short leash. 

Personally I’m not happy that all Levy’s statements about Spurs DNA and playing exciting attacking football are at odds with this, someone who in my estimation seems another defensive manager.

If this is a time of transition and Nuno is to oversee a rebuilding project and the departure of the last vestiges of the Poch era stars, it does not make sense to me to bring more of the same. The youngsters should be brought up with that DNA and not playing negative football.

Of course I am behind him because he’s the manager now but I worry this is a cynical business decision by Levy and that we are in for a more extended spell in mid-table instead of a quick return to the top.

Nuno isn’t a defensive manager he is a clever tactical manager chaps ,,,his 1st season at Wolves he replaced 14 players with what he needed ,,,then they pissed the championship scored a shit load of goals and they nearly broke 100 points won the league with 4 matches to go ,,,last season he lost a lot of his key players and had to change the formations a lot 

gotta give him a little time ,,,the dof is working to get players in and some out ,,,we need a little luck .even if Harry leaves we will be ok 

The whole of football world wide is a business simple ,,,,the Man City company it’s self is now worth over 5 billion with all its other clubs they own ,,,the buying and selling of players at under 23 level makes all clubs a decent turnover.

we offered £20 mill for Sancho before he moved to Germany,,city sold him for £8 million now man Utd have paid £80 million city get a percentage 

levy is not that tight £20 mill for Sancho ,,,,we offered £20 mill for Phil fodon when he was 16 and he had never played a 1 st team match .we even tried to buy Raheem Stirling when he was at charlton ,,,but he wanted to go to Liverpool .