Spurs Web
Borodin

When Quoting A Long and Lengthy Post

I realise I am probably teaching Granny to suck eggs here but I just wondered if everyone knew that when you quoted a post you could edit it so that it's not as lengthy as the original ? This then avoids seeing relatively long ones over and over again on screen ?. Also if a picture is posted and you quote then that reappears too but you can actually delete it as well. Some forums automatically summarise a quoted post to avoid such repitition, I don't know if that's possible on here too. Can you have a look maybe @Hastingsyid  ?? Cheers mate.

5c74nu.jpg

I'll now quote this post and remove some text and the picture so you can SEE WHAT I MEAN :thumb:

I usually don't add the article, I make a ref to where it came from and just give the gist of it. 

I have to say (apologies to you clever guys who put those links in to read), I often don't bother to read some of them if they are too long. Just cutting and pasting the odd relevant sentence that makes the point is usually sufficient. 

I'm so busy doing sod all all day I just can't find the time or energy to wade through the pages of several links. 

COYS 

1 minute ago, Jamesinashby said:

I usually don't add the article, I make a ref to where it came from and just give the gist of it.

I'm not talking about when we add links mate. It's when you quote another person's post and then comment on it. It's so the original post isn't repeated over and over again in its full length .

Like I've just done with yours for example in this reply so it only shows your first sentence and not the whole post. :thumb:

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I'm not talking about when we add links mate. It's when you quote another person's post and then comment on it. It's so the original post isn't repeated over and over again in its full length .

Like I've just done with yours for example in this reply so it only shows your first sentence and not the whole post. :thumb:

Oh! I see.

Mind you, sometimes there are 2 links as well as comments on them. 

For me personally, I am happy with just a short precis of the relevant part of the link which I would accept to save me opening up the link, reading it and then having to switch back to the thread to reply. 

But each to their own. 

COYS