Spurs Web

Just watched Sterling in his post match interview. To be honest I'm surprised he managed to stay on his feet that long. :dd:

Well done England, all the very best for Sunday against Italy. With regard to the penalty all I will say is this ......Whoever referees the match on Sunday will have watched that penalty decision and will now be fully aware (trying to be diplomatic how I say this) of just how Raheem Sterling 'operates'. I have a feeling it will take much more contact than we saw tonight for him to point to the 'spot' in the final.

Going to be a fantastic match though, two great sides and a fitting finale to a wonderful tournament. :thumb:

Really glad to see it. I wish it had come another way than Sterling's dive, but England were better by and large and deserved to go through regardless of that moment. I thought the game was massively entertaining. Italy will be one huge mountain to climb, though.

This unsavoury story coming out now all over the media about a green laser pen in Schmeichel's face as Harry Kane took the penalty. Very sad and the person responsible needs identifying and banning for life

https://talksport.com/football/908623/denmark-kasper-schmeichel-laser-harry-kanes/

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/idiot-fan-shone-laser-kasper-20997856

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

Just watched Sterling in his post match interview. To be honest I'm surprised he managed to stay on his feet that long. :dd:

That made me genuinely LOL.

The dive was a disgrace and will hopefully shut the pundits up when they go on about 'continental' sides. English players are every bit as bad.

Having said that, England should have had a penalty earlier for the foul on Kane,

Pen was more likely given for the initial trip on Sterling by the first bloke he beat at the byline, when he then stayed on his feet but lost the close control he had had , no advantage accrued as the next two Danes converged and challenged him so the pen was rightly given

Just cos the TV replay only showed the last part, VAR looked at  the whole episode and saw no reason to over turn the correct decision 

13 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Dead here in Wales. Whats it like in England?

Going berserk and the Covid bugs are loving it too. They have been supporting England throughout as they have been proliferating at a rate of knots - yum yum. LOL

COYS 

Sterling had started to dive before the first, extremely minor contact even occurred. When the (also very minor) hip contact happened after that, he was already headed to the ground. I'm all for England in the Euros, but this kind of disgraceful thing needs to be driven out of football.

2 hours ago, Borodin said:

England to be charged over laser incident but Denmark not making an official complaint.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57763001

More importantly we need somebody to snitch on the person responsible and get them banned for life.

They are also going to be charged for disrupting the Danish Anthem with calling out and throwing fireworks. 

The nastiness and lawlessness in England is reaching pandemic levels - quite frightening really. It was showing all the signs of moving this way 23 years ago in Derby which is why we moved to this small market town. 

With the Internet being beyond the control of Governments, I can only see it getting worse. 

Very worrying for we the older generation. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

They are also going to be charged for disrupting the Danish Anthem with calling out and throwing fireworks. 

The nastiness and lawlessness in England is reaching pandemic levels - quite frightening really. It was showing all the signs of moving this way 23 years ago in Derby which is why we moved to this small market town. 

With the Internet being beyond the control of Governments, I can only see it getting worse. 

Very worrying for we the older generation. 

COYS 

One moment to make you smile is this, pure class from Mount,

The shame as im managing to get on here late at night and borodin and James seem to be the only ones replying but I thought I put myself out there this morning even though I'm extremely busy it's unbelievable even when I'm unemployed and getting all the kids keep having days off and being isolated so I'm still optimising life.

Can I just say I've enjoyed some of the TV footage about the euros especially Lorraine Kelly wearing white today I think she did it for Wimbledon but I don't care cos she said though I look like a nurse....secret crush

Obviously in between my chores cos I'm very obsessed with the garden at the moment had a really massive bald patch on my lawn where I removed the Old rusted trampoline I kept going for years and my kids never used it,  Holly Willoughby of a see my favourite will hopefully be dressed in some sort of England attire today and Monday when we win.

I'm confident we're gonna win it I think the Italians are going to get loads of cards from cheating and I'd already put a bet on England winning at the beginning which I think I've told you before the odds were crap but at least I'll get something back. 

Here's a good question have any you going to be wearing any lucky clothes England or any other stuff for Sunday I've got the same England Umbro polo shirt which I've had since the 90s and it seems to be a lucky charm I'm not going to wash it until after Sunday.

I don't care I'm going to chat up my street and put the England bunting out trust the kids up in some England tops like I have done before and we're going to enjoy a Sunday let's hope it's a great evening. Coe

56 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

The shame as im managing to get on here late at night and borodin and James seem to be the only ones replying but I thought I put myself out there this morning even though I'm extremely busy it's unbelievable even when I'm unemployed and getting all the kids keep having days off and being isolated so I'm still optimising life.

Can I just say I've enjoyed some of the TV footage about the euros especially Lorraine Kelly wearing white today I think she did it for Wimbledon but I don't care cos she said though I look like a nurse....secret crush

Obviously in between my chores cos I'm very obsessed with the garden at the moment had a really massive bald patch on my lawn where I removed the Old rusted trampoline I kept going for years and my kids never used it,  Holly Willoughby of a see my favourite will hopefully be dressed in some sort of England attire today and Monday when we win.

I'm confident we're gonna win it I think the Italians are going to get loads of cards from cheating and I'd already put a bet on England winning at the beginning which I think I've told you before the odds were crap but at least I'll get something back. 

Here's a good question have any you going to be wearing any lucky clothes England or any other stuff for Sunday I've got the same England Umbro polo shirt which I've had since the 90s and it seems to be a lucky charm I'm not going to wash it until after Sunday.

I don't care I'm going to chat up my street and put the England bunting out trust the kids up in some England tops like I have done before and we're going to enjoy a Sunday let's hope it's a great evening. Coe

Getting loads of cards for time wasting is one thing but earning an unjust penalty and winning the match is another. It's totally unfair the criticism the Italians are taking. They are a slick and well organised outfit. The last thing England need to do is under estimate them or expect them to get carded.

Both teams are capable of gamesmanship but I hope we see none and the game is won with quality goals. May the best team win and not the craftiest.

I will be wearing the same England shirt ,,,and the spurs England flag is still out .

there needs to be a strong ref  for Sunday ,,,lots of pundits saying are players are divers ,,,and it’s normal for the Italians to play the dark arts off football,,,,so it’s ok for them to play that game but no for us ,,,strange ,,,,i think the Italian centre backs will make an early sinister tackles on Kane ,and sterling,,,hoping for a reaction,,,so if our players play with level heads and don’t react to the dark arts ,,the football should take over 

it should be a great game off football