Spurs Web

2 minutes ago, Alonso said:

How a Manager can play negatively for 88 minutes and expect to win is beyond me.  

bringing two VERY young players on at 120 and expecting them to take a penalty is criminal.   

Saka taking a penalty? Ridiculous 

Southgate bottled it.

we finished the game without a defender on the right FFS!

I think they were linking him to the Tottenham job it would have been like having Moronio back. At least Nuno's got some balls I don't think he make substitutes on the last minute

Jorghino scumbag disgusting stamp. Ref was very weak VAR where were you. Somebody should have gone rite thru the chelsea skank after he got away with assault. 

Italy maybe deserved it . seriously hope people go home proud and theres no trouble

And please no social media abuse. Those players were fantastic and i love them. 

Both Sancho and Rashford used stupid run ups - just hit the thing and make sure it is on target.
Feel sorry for Saka, having to take the last and decisive penalty. Really impressed with the lad throughout the tournament [despite the obvious thing!].

Having got so much right up until tonight, Southgate then goes and blows it when it really mattered.
Should have switched to 4-3-3 much earlier in the game, subs should have been made sooner, pen takers wrong - Kane should have been later in the order, not a couple of hoppy skippy guys that had only just been brought on and an 18 y/o lad. 

Progress? A little in the fact that we got to the final, but we had quite an easy route with facing a Germany team that have been in decline and a spirited Denmark team that had just run out of steam / ability.

In the most pressurised sporting moment imaginable, a 19-year-old lad who had barely played for his country before this year and who has never previously taken a penalty for his club, stepped forward to take a potentially decisive kick when so many of his experienced team-mates stood back. England really should not have put the teenager anywhere near this situation.

Sterling, Henderson and Grealish should be feeling very embarrassed.

So sorry, friends. I was behind you the whole way, a shame to lose that way. 

I don’t understand why they lacked so much ambition after scoring the opener. And of course I don’t know how you could not have Sterling or Grealish take one of the first five penalties. Clearly he intended Rashford to be one of the shooters, but the other choices didn’t make a lot of sense.

With Sancho and Rashford, they ought to know better. It seemed like the Italian player did it, and then they thought “well I’ll do that too.”

The mistake of inexperience, play your game. Don’t be influenced by others. Do what you do well. It’s not a time for parlor tricks or training ground stuff

9 hours ago, Borodin said:

In the most pressurised sporting moment imaginable, a 19-year-old lad who had barely played for his country before this year and who has never previously taken a penalty for his club, stepped forward to take a potentially decisive kick when so many of his experienced team-mates stood back. England really should not have put the teenager anywhere near this situation.

The word for those 3 is gutless. 

Harry is one of the best penalty takers around. He smashes them into a top corner the majority of times. Who was coaching penalties for this game? The penalties that get saved are those that are kicked along the the ground as goalies dive either left or right guessing. The 3 missed penalties were very poor. 

All that said, I find the racial abuse vile  and disgusting. Quite frankly, if the Government, football governing bodies and social media companies can't find a way to eradicate it, I may well give up following football. I love the game in general and Spurs in particular, but I am not prepared to be part of it if it cannot control vile racism. 

COYS 

Also Southgate picked the penalty takers list and I think you might find that sterling and Grealish were due to take there pens further down the list of takers ,,which was selected by the management,,,

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

Henderson wasnt on the pitch for the penalties ;-)   just seen thats already been said 

I dont think we should be hard on those who didnt step up either, its about the feeling there and then , i thought Oh NOOOOO when Maguire stepped up yet his was the  best of all 10 penalties so  .....

the 6th pen if its 5 all is the hardest of pens , unfortunately it didnt get that far , Pickford could have taken one 

But we should have been braver in the 120 minutes we could have had them, not saying we bottled in but we were a bit too careful , only played again once theyd equalised then in extra time 

Saka was strangled to a yellow  WTF   and Grealish was assaulted for a yellow   stamped on by an over the top of the ball out of control challenge then trodden on by other foot then collapsed onto , three fouls in one and still just a yellow 

Sod them this was  just a warm up for the World Cup in Qatar 

COE 

4 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

I dont think we should be hard on those who didnt step up either, its about the feeling there and then , i thought Oh NOOOOO when Maguire stepped up yet his was the  best of all 10 penalties so  .....

the 6th pen if its 5 all is the hardest of pens , unfortunately it didnt get that far , Pickford could have taken one 

But we should have been braver in the 120 minutes we could have had them, not saying we bottled in but we were a bit too careful , only played again once theyd equalised then in extra time 

Saka was strangled to a yellow  WTF   and Grealish was assaulted for a yellow   stamped on by an over the top of the ball out of control challenge then trodden on by other foot then collapsed onto , three fouls in one and still just a yellow 

Sod them this was  just a warm up for the World Cup in Qatar 

COE 

Like I have said all of the 11 that finished the match would have been on the penalty takers list ,,,but the manager picks the positions of those takers ,,,,Rio Ferdinand took pens for England at number 8 on the list he said it live .

we should have been braver in the 1 st half ,,,score the 1st then push for that 2nd ,,,,then regroup calm down and wait for the opportunity to come before half time to get the 3rd ,,,

we did what teams do against city,,Barca,,Madrid,,,we let there centre backs walk with the ball to the halfway line unchallenged,,,so they played with there 10 outfield players in our half ,,,they played very well in the 2nd half ,,,but we let them ,,,

they deserved the draw over the 90 mins 

To be fair we did try to get the second in the first half, it just didnt happen, some fortune for the Italians, some last ditch defending and some messing up by us , we completely dominated them for the first 30 until the Italians worked some of it out on the pitch then Mancini worked it out for them at half time 

For me and Im not saying Im right but if we were gonna try to soak up the pressure second half Id have had Sterling and maybe Sancho/ Saka up on the half way line all the time , their pace would have meant Italy would have had to leave at least 4 back to defend them , plus Walker and Shaw breaking but instead we kept slowcoach Kane on . Even then the Italian goal was highly fortunate tho deserved but so what, i deserve to shag all the birds on Love Island but I will just end up with the blonde again!

9 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

The word for those 3 is gutless. 

Harry is one of the best penalty takers around. He smashes them into a top corner the majority of times. Who was coaching penalties for this game? The penalties that get saved are those that are kicked along the the ground as goalies dive either left or right guessing. The 3 missed penalties were very poor. 

All that said, I find the racial abuse vile  and disgusting. Quite frankly, if the Government, football governing bodies and social media companies can't find a way to eradicate it, I may well give up following football. I love the game in general and Spurs in particular, but I am not prepared to be part of it if it cannot control vile racism. 

COYS 

James please reply to my other posts 

9 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Also Southgate picked the penalty takers list and I think you might find that sterling and Grealish were due to take there pens further down the list of takers ,,which was selected by the management,,,

Grealish stated this morning he was perfectly willing to take a penalty. Let's all be fair about this, if any of us were managing England last night would we have chosen Saka to be in the first five takers ??. He would have been 8th or 9th choice for me, maybe even lower. I'd rather Pickford have taken one, he's had the experience of doing so before.

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

James please reply to my other posts 

I'm not sure which posts you refer to. I don't reply to all posts as at times there can be dozens, so I often just click on the 'friendly' icon and choose one of them. On top of this, I have missed a lot since my long Covid as I sometimes don't look in for a couple or more days if I am feeling rough. I don't catch up on those I have missed as I have this problem I can't apply myself even on days when I am not feeling too wretched. 

I apologise if you have specifically asked me to reply and I haven't. If you let me know which one or ones you want me to reply to I will do so. Or send me a PM. 

This Long Covid is cyclic. I never know which days I am going to feel OK and which I am not. Some times I start the day OK and  a few hours later I'm feeling rough and vice versa. My other problem is I suffer quite badly with 'brain fog'. I can read something, get distracted and have then forgotten about it. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

Grealish stated this morning he was perfectly willing to take a penalty. Let's all be fair about this, if any of us were managing England last night would we have chosen Saka to be in the first five takers ??. He would have been 8th or 9th choice for me, maybe even lower. I'd rather Pickford have taken one, he's had the experience of doing so before.

Highly likely would have been in first 5 . very confident player. 

Kane Rashford Id have kept Henderson on at 3 not Sancho. Grealish and Saka or Sterling 

For me bringing two subs on JUST for pens wasnt right. Give them 10 minutes playing time at least. 

Rashfords approach was perfect he just muffed the shot. 

Its really hit me this evening after a days work and now the bourbons worn off 

Jorghino yuk we shouldcomplain that he was stillon the pitch he had history with Grealish in the league last season and already had two previous bookable fouls that were let off, terrible reffing disgusting pig of a 'player' hope hes hit hard many times next season.  and Saka was strangled bythe shite defender too virtually assault off the pitch yet on it its just a yellow!!

If morons have to abuse then at least pick on the scumbags 

12 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Highly likely would have been in first 5 . very confident player. 

Kane Rashford Id have kept Henderson on at 3 not Sancho. Grealish and Saka or Sterling 

For me bringing two subs on JUST for pens wasnt right. Give them 10 minutes playing time at least. 

Rashfords approach was perfect he just muffed the shot. 

Its really hit me this evening after a days work and now the bourbons worn off 

Jorghino yuk we shouldcomplain that he was stillon the pitch he had history with Grealish in the league last season and already had two previous bookable fouls that were let off, terrible reffing disgusting pig of a 'player' hope hes hit hard many times next season.  and Saka was strangled bythe shite defender too virtually assault off the pitch yet on it its just a yellow!!

If morons have to abuse then at least pick on the scumbags 

The problem with the Saka incident is that under the description of the offence it only ever warrants just a yellow card unless it denies a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity. Give the Italians their credit, they know just how far they can stretch things.

I still disagree over Saka. I don't care how many penalties he scores in training or how confident he feels you don't have him in your first five. He's 19 and has never taken one under match atmosphere, let alone a major final pressure. You cannot recreate that on a training pitch and no one should have known that better than Southgate with his past personal experience of failing to score in shoot outs.