Jump to content
Spurs Web

Recommended Posts

Let's face it Kane is obviously not in the mood but for me the real problem is Southgate . He persists with Sterling who simply flatters to deceive and let's face it his goal last game was more of a scuffed effort than a clinical finish. He leaves Grealish on the bench too long and replaces Harry with Rashford instead of Calvin Lewin on for Raheem.

The match was perfectly summed up by Scotland's substitutes late on. Armstrong (76) and Nisbet (86). Steve Clarke genuinely felt the game was there to be won and I have to agree with him. Poor performance from England but take nothing away from the Scots, they played brilliantly. What they lacked in quality they more than made up for with determination and team effort. Based on that match tonight I just can't see England coming away with the trophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig Truespur said:

At last grealish on Kane  sit higher up now and wait for the ball

Grealish on 63rd minute and Kane off 74th replaced by Rashford :em8::em21:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling is crap i given upsaying it in the match .

Mings very good much better than Maguire.

Scotland delighted with draw England not happy at all. That says everything about both countries . Scotland need to aim higher and believe more. England need to move and play football not back passes 80% of the time.

Twoyears ago England were winning 4 or 5 goals. Now jeez even i was bored and i stick up for them even when they dont deserve it. 

Agree a draw with Czechs and we both thru 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Dont think Scots played brilliantly. Just it meant more to them maybe their final as theyll not beat Croatia nor score so will finish 4th and go home, but to us just a small step in the competition

So you're saying the match didn't mean much to England as they have bigger fish to fry later on. Can I just ask how far you realistically expect England to get in this, do you think they can win it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Sterling is crap i given upsaying it in the match .

Mings very good much better than Maguire.

Scotland delighted with draw England not happy at all. That says everything about both countries . Scotland need to aim higher and believe more. England need to move and play football not back passes 80% of the time.

Twoyears ago England were winning 4 or 5 goals. Now jeez even i was bored and i stick up for them even when they dont deserve it. 

Agree a draw with Czechs and we both thru 

 

I honestly do not understand Southgate's persistence with Sterling and I'm wondering whether his presence on the pitch is playing a part in Harry's current drop of form. He's just not getting fed by the midfield and having to drop back in order to try and have the ball. Looking at the Scotland game you do wonder why Foden and Kane came off with Raheem running round in circles and not penetrating the defence at all. Grealish started to make things happen but Rashford was predictable and ineffective. I would have rather seen Calvin Lewin on the pitch.

Not nice to hear them booed off the pitch but you can understand the supporter's frustration at the performance. This really was a game England should have won comfortably in order to send a message for the knockout stages to the other teams. I hope he has the sense to 'rest' Sterling for the next game, start with Grealish and give Harry a chance of regular supplies of the ball so he can get a few goals under his belt. :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Borodin said:

So you're saying the match didn't mean much to England as they have bigger fish to fry later on. Can I just ask how far you realistically expect England to get in this, do you think they can win it ?

Never said it didnt mean much. Didnt mean AS much as it did to Scotland. You could tell at the end by reactions. We in v strong position only way we dont proceed is if we get totally hammered AND Scotland win neither of which will happen.

You dont have to sparkle just do enough. We sparkled in 96 and 18  but still didnt make final.

Belguim sparkled a lot but never won a thing 

Germany (used to) do what it took and not much more.

Performance was poor but Stones puts his header in and its a different game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Never said it didnt mean much. Didnt mean AS much as it did to Scotland. You could tell at the end by reactions. We in v strong position only way we dont proceed is if we get totally hammered AND Scotland win neither of which will happen.

You dont have to sparkle just do enough. We sparkled in 96 and 18  but still didnt make final.

Belguim sparkled a lot but never won a thing 

Germany (used to) do what it took and not much more.

Performance was poor but Stones puts his header in and its a different game

Always makes me laugh when they say stones should have done better than the header it was a cracking header he was unlucky how many headers did Keane score in his time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×