Spurs Web

Good for charity anyone else gone off Keith Allen  because of his daughter which isn't fair, but she does come out with some bullocks.

The other annoying thing is I don't think kids give a toss about being patriotic or the England team anymore they probably don't even mention it in schools, it's not PC to love England anymore:q:

As an Irish immigrant brought to this country by his father, I have seen the changes over the years that has cost the English losing it's heritage. 

When I arrived, England had it's own identity as did Scotland, Wales and N Ireland. Not quite to same depth as the other 3 other Uk countries, but there was Englishness to identify with. I am not being racist now, but simply explaining where I think it has changed. This country has allowed so many different cultures in, and then allowed those cultures to slowly replace the English way of life. The under 20s are living in what is now a wildly diverse world. Things like St George day go unnoticed. You never see anyone wearing a rose in there lapel. There is more made of St Patrick's Day, Chinese New Year, Asian Dewali, Ramadan, etc. Nativity plays in school are disappearing as the Christian faith is being replaced by atheism while all other religions are staying strong and taking over by becoming celebrated more on their special days. 

Sadly for the white indigenous population, your input into this country is negligible compared to all the other cultures. Their feelings are put first. Ask Asians in England their nationality and they say British not English. When cricket teams from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh play here, many of the British Asian follow their culture and support the away team. 

In Scotland, Wales and Ireland this hasn't happened. They now claim to be Scottish, Welsh and Irish instead of their culture nationality. and have taken on board their new countries  culture. 

I will be honest with you. As I grew up in England and served in the British Army, where as I once liked much of English  culture, I don't see it any more. If my roots where English, I would be mortified. This country today is no longer English to me , and because of the widely different cultures, it is unlikely to have the deep rooted patriotism that you see in the other UK countries. Wales and Scotland can turn up in their counties traditional dress whereas the English will look kinda silly in their Morris Dancing costumes dancing round a May pole. 

Just an outsiders point of view. 

COYS 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:41 PM, Jamesinashby said:

As an Irish immigrant brought to this country by his father, I have seen the changes over the years that has cost the English losing it's heritage. 

When I arrived, England had it's own identity as did Scotland, Wales and N Ireland. Not quite to same depth as the other 3 other Uk countries, but there was Englishness to identify with. I am not being racist now, but simply explaining where I think it has changed. This country has allowed so many different cultures in, and then allowed those cultures to slowly replace the English way of life. The under 20s are living in what is now a wildly diverse world. Things like St George day go unnoticed. You never see anyone wearing a rose in there lapel. There is more made of St Patrick's Day, Chinese New Year, Asian Dewali, Ramadan, etc. Nativity plays in school are disappearing as the Christian faith is being replaced by atheism while all other religions are staying strong and taking over by becoming celebrated more on their special days. 

Sadly for the white indigenous population, your input into this country is negligible compared to all the other cultures. Their feelings are put first. Ask Asians in England their nationality and they say British not English. When cricket teams from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh play here, many of the British Asian follow their culture and support the away team. 

In Scotland, Wales and Ireland this hasn't happened. They now claim to be Scottish, Welsh and Irish instead of their culture nationality. and have taken on board their new countries  culture. 

I will be honest with you. As I grew up in England and served in the British Army, where as I once liked much of English  culture, I don't see it any more. If my roots where English, I would be mortified. This country today is no longer English to me , and because of the widely different cultures, it is unlikely to have the deep rooted patriotism that you see in the other UK countries. Wales and Scotland can turn up in their counties traditional dress whereas the English will look kinda silly in their Morris Dancing costumes dancing round a May pole. 

Just an outsiders point of view. 

COYS 

Totally agree with you one of the problems if they don't educate in schools now about our history especially of our British bulldog spirit of fighting in adversity losing and winning battles against other nations wether right or wrong,  even WWI and 2 are still not educated properly for the youth to realise how spoilt they are and how lucky they are today.