Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
grahambailey

Wales get draw

Bale pretty anonymous - but Rodon apparently played really well - did not watch it - same as I will not be watching any game with the insult of submitting to BLM.
We all have different opinions - but how dare these people call me racist because I disagree with political statements in Sport.

First half was Mourhino Spursy. Not my style sitting deep and leaving the opposition space and time. The second half was better. 

I just don't understand the Bale situation. At times during the game you see the old Bale and in the same game he can be invisible. As we only see around a third to half the pitch on a TV screen, it is often impossible to see him when he is off the ball. It is impossible to see whether he is hiding or moving into space waiting for a pass or in a position to react to through balls or ones over the top. and being ignored. Is he calling for the ball or pointing to where he wants it put? Who knows. 

The enigma of Bale. 

COYS 

57 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

Bale pretty anonymous - but Rodon apparently played really well - did not watch it - same as I will not be watching any game with the insult of submitting to BLM.
We all have different opinions - but how dare these people call me racist because I disagree with political statements in Sport.

I agree with you about this 'taking the knee' business. I think a lot of the players are being coerced into doing it. I'm not sure I have any objection to the actual act of them taking a knee, although I think it should be a free choice and I am not convinced that it is. 

What really makes me mad is that the people who applaud it are considered 'good' and the ones that boo it are considered 'bad.' It insinuates that if you do not support and applaud it, you are a racist, which is patently ridiculous.  The days of people having a valid opinion are long gone!

As for  the game, I thought both Rodon and Ben Davies has very good games, but I do think Wales were quite fortunate to get a draw.

I dont mind the knee now but it should NEVER be accompanied at football by the black power salute.

Knee is about equality for all.  BPS is not .

BLM is ironic. That ladyBLM activist killed recently was killed by black guys!! They cant even agree between themselves , what chance do we have 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

I dont mind the knee now but it should NEVER be accompanied at football by the black power salute.

BLM is ironic. That ladyBLM activist killed recently was killed by black guys!! They cant even agree between themselves , what chance do we have 

I completely agree. The knee is a sign of passiveness whilst the clenched fist salute simply reminds me of times years ago when the world was at war and full of pain and hate.

14 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Racial abuse is vile and never acceptable. Finding ways to eradicate in this modern world with the internet and social media is close to being insoluble but we must try. 

Sadly, imo, the taking the knee gesture has lost it's meaning by coupling it with Black Lives Matter. From what I have seen with racial incidents in the USA and the statistics of how often it happens between white police killing and black people, there appears to be a massive problem in America. I understand why BLM started up but it is a different type of situation to racism by football fans in the UK - I don't know how bad it is in other European countries. 

I feel we have made it clear that we in the UK want racial nastiness in sport and any circumstances to stop. What is needed is very severe punishment to perpetrators if there is any chance of radically reducing it, which is unlikely to happen. 

The knee has served it's purpose and we all are well aware of the problem. Hopefully, the Government and the Football authorities will work together to deal with the problem. We need to keep fighting racism, but in my view not under the banner of BLM as all lives matter regardless of creed and colour. 

COYS 

Just out of interest, does anyone here have any thoughts about how or when they will stop taking the knee?  If they stop doing it they will be accused of giving in to the boo boys.  Southgate has made a rod for his own back here.  I would not be surprised if you see England players still doing it at the World Cup.

38 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Just out of interest, does anyone here have any thoughts about how or when they will stop taking the knee?  If they stop doing it they will be accused of giving in to the boo boys.  Southgate has made a rod for his own back here.  I would not be surprised if you see England players still doing it at the World Cup.

Really needs an official announcement by the FA to say it's no longer required I suppose. That way everyone knows where they stand (no pun intended).

18 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Really needs an official announcement by the FA to say it's no longer required I suppose. That way everyone knows where they stand (no pun intended).

What will be the reaction on Remembrance Sunday - taking the knee but no poppies on their shirts.

Will they kneel before, during or after the playing of the last post?

19 minutes ago, Borodin said:

It seems to me that the FA , Southgate and England somehow think that they are right and tens of thousands of their fans are wrong.
I have tweeted Sky , BBC and even - dare I say it Ian Wright and offered the way forward maybe is for both teams to link arms along with a mission statement read out - needless to say every one has been ignored - I have a mate from Eastbourne whose family are Nigerian - he sent off his tweets at the same time with same proposal - and he has not got a reply either!.
Isn't it funny that Ian Wright showed hate speech tweets to Alan Shearer that allegedly arrived that morning - but mysteriously didn't recieve any regarding the linking of arms - I hate racism - but I hope they are booed off the pitch - show solidarity with your fans - overpaid virtue signalling muppets!.
Anyway - it's a damn fine Sunday morning - I hope all is well with you all as well.:dd:.

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Spot on Crom. 

It has been ill thought out. If they had called it something like Football Against Racism and used something that was different to BLM, it probably wouldn't have reached this stage where it is starting to to go against them. 

It is not a case of 'with hindsight' as I was uncomfortable with it it from the start with slogan Black Lives Matter and the raised fist. I would claim I am one of, if not the most moderate guy using the forum. If someone like me  comes out against it, it is hardly surprising it is starting to attract detractors from supporting it. 

This world is far from perfect, but if the WOKE abd BAME brigades continue to try bulldozing methods to ram home their views, In my opinion I  can only foresee an increase in clashes rather than a reduction in racism. 

Just my outlook on where the future may be heading if it continues to be tackled aggressively rather than delicately

COYS