Spurs Web

Thought they played well, tough opening game and good goal although Sterling scuffed his finish. 
it amazes me how often he doesn’t connect cleanly with the ball. Great at dribbling and gets in great positions but he’s never learned to strike a ball properly!

i like the look of the squad. Not sure the way have tho experience or strength to beat a trance, Spain, Italy or Germany but nice to have some football to watch. Always enjoy to international tournaments away from all the tribal bollox of club football. 

17 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Harry does feck all. Phillips MoM

Good stuff on a stonkingly hot day

didn't Harry look lost, he still drops to Deep back in oue half of discussed with my family saying this is what we have to deal with with him at Spurs he thinks he has to do the midfield role,  just be a striker?

But can you have to blame Southgate why didn't he shout him halftime to say look you're the fking target Man wait for the ball get on the end of it and score instead of sitting deep and then we've got no one to pass to.

Philips did himself proud and was a revelation we should have put a sneaky bid in for him at the end of the season now everyone will be after him.

I thought Foden tailed off second half and grealish should have come on we needed creativity

3 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

didn't Harry look lost, he still drops to Deep back in oue half of discussed with my family saying this is what we have to deal with with him at Spurs he thinks he has to do the midfield role,  just be a striker?

But can you have to blame Southgate why didn't he shout him halftime to say look you're the fking target Man wait for the ball get on the end of it and score instead of sitting deep and then we've got no one to pass to.

Philips did himself proud and was a revelation we should have put a sneaky bid in for him at the end of the season now everyone will be after him.

I thought Foden tailed off second half and grealish should have come on we needed creativity

Unfortunately Sterling's goal just perpetuated the myth of him being a great striker. I fear his inclusion will cost England dear later on in this competition. He's just not as lethal a finisher as people make out.

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Unfortunately Sterling's goal just perpetuated the myth of him being a great striker. I fear his inclusion will cost England dear later on in this competition. He's just not as lethal a finisher as people make out.

Yes very true mate he's goal was scuffed it got a deflection and the Keeper touched his arm on it.

Do you remember one of the chances we had when the ball went through and Harry left it for Sterling when I think he should have got on to it and had a shot

Sterling is over rated. look as a human being hes strong willed and has great points on racism etc and rightly speaks out and I admire him for that, but on the pitch certainly for England hes had one good game in 3 years  and that was V Spain in the previous Nations cup , as we all say he scuffs too many shots, messes up too many passes, many simple ones too , tries hard now but Grealish/Rashford hell Id have taken a current form Lingard over Sterling 

Kane seemed to be ok at making space for others and I guess he always occupies defenders, but he really wasn’t great. I’m sure he’d say he didn’t get much service though.

If Kane plays shit at the Euros or (heaven forbid) gets injured then he might not get sold after all… or would it just lower his price tag?

7 minutes ago, BlockFeet said:

Kane 

He just didn't look comfortable he doesn't even look happy playing for his country what is it with these players are so privileged to wear these shirts?

I'm not sure what he's thinking is he thinking this is my shop window so I'm going to show everyone I can be a midfielder and a striker he can't complain he's not getting the service when he's not actually in the position to get the ball he got one and unfortunately got tackled 

Sterlings pace and ability on the ball creates havoc and attracts attention which creates opportunities and space for others.  Even though he is not at his best, he is effective and scuffed or not, he finished the chance. He played better than Foden who was less effective and aside from the post early on didn't provide much. 

I would still rather Grealish in the team. Hopefully Southgate uses the next two games to get a feel for which 11 is his best side.  I honestly don't think he knows and i feel he is tending to stick with the devils he knows (like Sterling) than take a chance on others.  Worth mentioning that Grealish has missed a lot of matches due to injury and may not be fully fit yet.

3 hours ago, Alonso said:

Sterlings pace and ability on the ball creates havoc and attracts attention which creates opportunities and space for others.  Even though he is not at his best, he is effective and scuffed or not, he finished the chance. He played better than Foden who was less effective and aside from the post early on didn't provide much. 

I would still rather Grealish in the team. Hopefully Southgate uses the next two games to get a feel for which 11 is his best side.  I honestly don't think he knows and i feel he is tending to stick with the devils he knows (like Sterling) than take a chance on others.  Worth mentioning that Grealish has missed a lot of matches due to injury and may not be fully fit yet.

Good points mate but then he should have put grealish on for at least 30 minutes to see how effective and fit he was on to get some fitness.

But a win makes a change we've not started with a win for a long time