Spurs Web
One9marine

Question from dumb Yank….

Ok, I’m watching and cheering for England, my question is what is the Benny for winning the Euros? Is it just bragging rights, or does the World Cup come into play?  I have to admit I have a hard time keeping all the competitions straight.  I do like that there are fixtures ( not games, i’m learning) all the time. Thanks for bearing with my inexperience.

hey no question is a dumb question , unless anyone asks ' are Chelsea fans nice'  !!!then thats plain stupid

SO whoever wins the Euros gets decent co-efficient points (ranking points given in every international match  but the more significant the match (Euro and World Cup finals are the highest ) the more points you get for winning)

So say for winning 3 group matches you maybe get 60 points, for winning in the first knockout round maybe 80 points,   for winning the final maybe 250 points (I might be miles out with those but you get the idea) 

So its kudos, bragging rights, being known as European champions for the next 4 years and decent points which has an affect on your possible rankings for future qualification stages and future finals group draws tho not sure how group F ended up as it did , the points also has a small knock on effect to that nations club sides  co-efficiency ratings 

Welcome mate, keep posting and keep asking

What do you think of the Redskins having to lose their name?  I think the Cowboys and Patriots should have to lose theirs too 

17 hours ago, One9marine said:

Ok, I’m watching and cheering for England, my question is what is the Benny for winning the Euros? Is it just bragging rights, or does the World Cup come into play?  I have to admit I have a hard time keeping all the competitions straight.  I do like that there are fixtures ( not games, i’m learning) all the time. Thanks for bearing with my inexperience.

Actually a good question mate it's like a lot of the competitions we don't really get that much out of it except for bragging rights the only thing with the World Cup if you win as you get to put a gold star on your shirt that's why poor old England only has one:878542164_emo2:

Speaking of a Yankee Doodle friends I had a girlfriend who was a daughter of an English footballer her dad ran the Tampa Bay rowdies.....

I also like to buy San Antonio Spurs shirts cos I love that it has spurs on the front:1579412966_emo1:

11 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

hey no question is a dumb question , unless anyone asks ' are Chelsea fans nice'  !!!then thats plain stupid

SO whoever wins the Euros gets decent co-efficient points (ranking points given in every international match  but the more significant the match (Euro and World Cup finals are the highest ) the more points you get for winning)

So say for winning 3 group matches you maybe get 60 points, for winning in the first knockout round maybe 80 points,   for winning the final maybe 250 points (I might be miles out with those but you get the idea) 

So its kudos, bragging rights, being known as European champions for the next 4 years and decent points which has an affect on your possible rankings for future qualification stages and future finals group draws tho not sure how group F ended up as it did , the points also has a small knock on effect to that nations club sides  co-efficiency ratings 

Welcome mate, keep posting and keep asking

What do you think of the Redskins having to lose their name?  I think the Cowboys and Patriots should have to lose theirs too 

Weil, don’t get me started on the thugs of US Football. I have shitcanned them for real football. COYS! When did you ever see our thugs clap to the crowd after a game, yea right. All they care about is how many children can they father with the most women. Bums! I’ll stick with PL. That said, the idea of Washington having to lose their name is a crock. Hate to admit but the friggin liberals are destroying us.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:19 AM, One9marine said:

Weil, don’t get me started on the thugs of US Football. I have shitcanned them for real football. COYS! When did you ever see our thugs clap to the crowd after a game, yea right. All they care about is how many children can they father with the most women. Bums! I’ll stick with PL. That said, the idea of Washington having to lose their name is a crock. Hate to admit but the friggin liberals are destroying us.

I've got something that will tickle you Yankee doodles did you know that if we have dodgy builders or work when in England their called Cowboys and no one for any right mind can work out why:em8:

34 minutes ago, Craig Truespur said:

I've got something that will tickle you Yankee doodles did you know that if we have dodgy builders or work when in England their called Cowboys and no one for any right mind can work out why:em8:

it is actually after Dallas Cowboys as theyre a bunch of fakes and faggots who could never and still cant ever do a decent job 

Its true

3 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

it is actually after Dallas Cowboys as theyre a bunch of fakes and faggots who could never and still cant ever do a decent job 

Its true

All I can think of something in England actually meant to say Bandit not cowboys because what you think about it cowboys are supposed to be the good guys in the film so why would they come to your house do a bad job and rip you off.

my favourite Clint Eastwood wouldn't do a bad job he might just shoot things up and walk away but I think you'd have a good guarantee, and you'd get a great punchline like that job made my day

no seriously back in the wild west the cowboys could never do a proper job, Indians had few tools, cowboys had the tools but still couldnt finish the job, thankfully 

They were often seen running round in circles hoping to fight off the Indians and then running off leaving the town half built :-)

On 6/23/2021 at 6:19 PM, One9marine said:

Welcome, there are a few of your/our countrymen here. Enjoy your stay and COYS