Spurs Web
Craig Truespur

Nuno toughening up the squad

https://hotspurhq.com/2021/07/09/excited-tottenham-training-santo/

Good report this one I always said they needed toughening up now, our boys got bullied in to many games I often said if I took them down my old kickboxing club I could toughen them up and they wouldn't capitulate on last-minute losses

3 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

https://hotspurhq.com/2021/07/09/excited-tottenham-training-santo/

Good report this one I always said they needed toughening up now, our boys got bullied in to many games I often said if I took them down my old kickboxing club I could toughen them up and they wouldn't capitulate on last-minute losses

Fitness was a huge problem apparently under Mourinho and was reckoned to be the reason for us conceding so many late goals under his reign. Let's hope Nuno improves their overall condition and attitude.

I am more than hopeful he will. I am more than hopeful he will be given the players needed to shore up the defence and the strikers he needs if Harry goes which seems very likely. 

I think DL has responded to the outcry against him and we'll see a totally different approach to the footballing side from hereon in. 

We don't know yet who is coming in and who is going, but for the first time in years, I am feeling that we are moving towards those who run the club wanting trophies more than huge profits. 

COYS 

I like this small read on our home page ,,,that the players are enjoying the hard pre season training,,,and the hands on approach from Nuno ,,,,apparently some of 1st team missed the match against orient cos of how hard the training has been compared with Jose .

some players have said that they were under trained by Jose ,,,and Nuno’s training is very competitive and full on .

4 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

I like this small read on our home page ,,,that the players are enjoying the hard pre season training,,,and the hands on approach from Nuno ,,,,apparently some of 1st team missed the match against orient cos of how hard the training has been compared with Jose .

some players have said that they were under trained by Jose ,,,and Nuno’s training is very competitive and full on .

Yes it's good that is going to work on hard as long as we don't get any issues like hamstring problems I think the best way is to build up the fitness so we come even  stronger towards the end of the season. Really winds me up when I hear players moaning about hard training or I'll I'm not fit enough to play all these games is there a job for God's sake you enjoyed the training you want to be fit you want to play better the its whole idea of it getting paid all that money that they don't really deserve unless they give it their all.

20 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

Yes it's good that is going to work on hard as long as we don't get any issues like hamstring problems I think the best way is to build up the fitness so we come even  stronger towards the end of the season. Really winds me up when I hear players moaning about hard training or I'll I'm not fit enough to play all these games is there a job for God's sake you enjoyed the training you want to be fit you want to play better the its whole idea of it getting paid all that money that they don't really deserve unless they give it their all.

Yeah mate it’s a fine line ,,,the squad goes from pochs really hard training to Jose going through the motions training and not feeling fit enough ,,the players are doing what there asked to do ,,,and the training not being enough will bring on muscle injuries.

i like what the players have said about the training being full on competitive training,,little matches 4 against 5 on small pitches,,and there being winners and losers etc and Nuno being hands on in all off the training getting his messages across on the training pitch ,,instead of watching films and clips off there mistakes 

On 7/19/2021 at 1:03 PM, Craig Truespur said:

I think Nuno has taken our motto to heart. I'm a bit 50/50 about how hard to train. (me and my bloody fence)! 

With these new pitches that were introduced some years ago, serious injuries seem to happen more often. Football is so fast and such a strenuous game these days groin, muscle, ankle and knee injuries seem to keep players out for months and some are never the same when they return. 

Fingers crossed Nuno and his team of coaches/trainers know what they are doing. Lose 1 or 2 of your most important players can be disastrous as Liverpool found out last season. City got away with it with the strength of their squad and Utd limped home. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think Nuno has taken our motto to heart. I'm a bit 50/50 about how hard to train. (me and my bloody fence)! 

With these new pitches that were introduced some years ago, serious injuries seem to happen more often. Football is so fast and such a strenuous game these days groin, muscle, ankle and knee injuries seem to keep players out for months and some are never the same when they return. 

Fingers crossed Nuno and his team of coaches/trainers know what they are doing. Lose 1 or 2 of your most important players can be disastrous as Liverpool found out last season. City got away with it with the strength of their squad and Utd limped home. 

COYS 

A lot must be to do with the medical staff as well they must know how hard the players should train I think we got some sort of Olympic GB squad into train the guys a while ago and then I heard about getting loads of hamstring injuries which was strange,  can't remember what manager was it was whether it was Ramos when this was happening and they were doing a lot of jumping over things and allsorts and they said that could be what was causing the hamstring problems as she said if you got a strong squad then hopefully you can get through the injury problems

On 7/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, Jamesinashby said:

We don't know yet who is coming in and who is going, but for the first time in years, I am feeling that we are moving towards those who run the club wanting trophies more than huge profits. 

COYS 

I am pretty sure they want both - trophies mean money

4 minutes ago, Sumsio said:

Agree with this. If we get Adama will add a new dimension to the team. Kane & Son would flourish even more - could be frightening!!!

I love watching Traore for Wolves and he would be even better in a Spurs shirt - but do we need him? Bergwijn has started well for us and Lucas is playing really well too.

We need a midfield maestro and maybe a left footed centre back, although I think it's a job Rodon could do, given time. Another striker would be a bonus, but we know Son can play there and hopefully Scarlett's development will speed up if he gets game time.

21 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I love watching Traore for Wolves and he would be even better in a Spurs shirt - but do we need him? Bergwijn has started well for us and Lucas is playing really well too.

We need a midfield maestro and maybe a left footed centre back, although I think it's a job Rodon could do, given time. Another striker would be a bonus, but we know Son can play there and hopefully Scarlett's development will speed up if he gets game time.

Neither of those two players will put the level of fear into defenders as Adama does. They don’t have the same physique. You can’t take your eyes off him and he won’t allow you to do so.

will give Kane & Son so much room to cause damage

yes we need a CM too, is a shame NDombele hasn’t got the right attitude  

18 hours ago, Sumsio said:

Neither of those two players will put the level of fear into defenders as Adama does. They don’t have the same physique. You can’t take your eyes off him and he won’t allow you to do so.

will give Kane & Son so much room to cause damage

yes we need a CM too, is a shame NDombele hasn’t got the right attitude  

We should just do a straight swap with traore for ndembele as you said at least he gives it  100%,  Wrekin traore play for the NFL side as well