Spurs Web
Borodin

In The Garden

Bren and I had two Mountain Ash planted late 2019 but sadly they never took. They were ten years old and moving them from the suppliers garden was too much of a shock for them. So yesterday I dug them up and today we planted two Betula Birch as replacements. Just hope they take. Here's a picture :

5iwkkt.jpg

21 hours ago, Borodin said:

Bren and I had two Mountain Ash planted late 2019 but sadly they never took. They were ten years old and moving them from the suppliers garden was too much of a shock for them. So yesterday I dug them up and today we planted two Betula Birch as replacements. Just hope they take. Here's a picture :

5iwkkt.jpg

Nice mate good work we also doing  lots in the garden mainly cutting back some other trees just to get some light and sun into the garden and my missus is obsessed with xxl dahlias.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, Borodin said:

Bren and I had two Mountain Ash planted late 2019 but sadly they never took. They were ten years old and moving them from the suppliers garden was too much of a shock for them. So yesterday I dug them up and today we planted two Betula Birch as replacements. Just hope they take. Here's0 a picture :

5iwkkt.jpg

They look magic mate ,,,,I wish I could send ya pic of my grape vines growing,,,and I have some grapes aswell ,,,next year more ,,,then I have to build a roof for them and train them across ,,,,just hoping they turn up lol 

On 8/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, Borodin said:

5iwkkt.jpg

Wow! 

Your garden will soon be added to those the stately homes that people go to look at. 

COYS 

I have 200 copper beech planted at the sides of the garden, 134 one way and 66 the other. The fields around us are alive with rabbits and hares who love nothing better than to nibble away at the bark of such plants plus they would not survive a sharp cut from my strimmer whilst I was tidying the lawns. I tried a few different solutions advertised in the garden centres but they were all pretty useless, then I had an idea (yep, it happens now and again).

I had a small piece of black down pipe in the shed so I cut it into a 4" section then split one side open so it could enclose the base of one of the plants. It worked a treat, looked smart and provided strong protection. Then I did some sums, 200 x 4" =800" which is 20.32mts. The pipe came in 4mt lengths so I had to buy 6 of them which the shop converted to 12 x 2mts so they'd fit in the car. I spent this morning hack sawing 11 lengths into two hundred 4" pieces, then this evening I sawed open one side on each of them. Mind numbingly repetitive and tough on the arms but finally finished about 8pm.

I'll put them out tomorrow morning and then I have definitely earned my Saturday afternoon pub session. Tired but extremely pleased with my efforts which is what gardening is all about really. :bb:

13 hours ago, Borodin said:

I have 200 copper beech planted at the sides of the garden, 134 one way and 66 the other. The fields around us are alive with rabbits and hares who love nothing better than to nibble away at the bark of such plants plus they would not survive a sharp cut from my strimmer whilst I was tidying the lawns. I tried a few different solutions advertised in the garden centres but they were all pretty useless, then I had an idea (yep, it happens now and again).

I had a small piece of black down pipe in the shed so I cut it into a 4" section then split one side open so it could enclose the base of one of the plants. It worked a treat, looked smart and provided strong protection. Then I did some sums, 200 x 4" =800" which is 20.32mts. The pipe came in 4mt lengths so I had to buy 6 of them which the shop converted to 12 x 2mts so they'd fit in the car. I spent this morning hack sawing 11 lengths into two hundred 4" pieces, then this evening I sawed open one side on each of them. Mind numbingly repetitive and tough on the arms but finally finished about 8pm.

I'll put them out tomorrow morning and then I have definitely earned my Saturday afternoon pub session. Tired but extremely pleased with my efforts which is what gardening is all about really. :bb:

Gardening can be back-breaking work, but it is always worth all the blood, sweat and tears. At least that's what my gardener told me.