Spurs Web
Borodin

Winter Transfer Window 2022 (Jan 1st-21st) OUTGOING

I think LO Celso, defying FA rules and going to a country on the red list, has well and truly scuppered any chance he had of getting back into favour with Nuno. His very little game time this season will drop to zero when he finally can get back to training after his isolation period is up. 

I should imagine Paraciti is already trying to find clubs to take him off our hands. 

Such a shame really, as when he arrived he gave the impression he was going to develop into a real asset for us. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

I think LO Celso, defying FA rules and going to a country on the red list, has well and truly scuppered any chance he had of getting back into favour with Nuno. His very little game time this season will drop to zero when he finally can get back to training after his isolation period is up

I should imagine Paraciti is already trying to find clubs to take him off our hands. 

Such a shame really, as when he arrived he gave the impression he was going to develop into a real asset for us. 

COYS 

Since arriving at the club, I have been very underwhelmed by Lo Celso. To me it looks like he has got an attitude issue (further compounded by this latest debacle). He doesn't look to be the most team orientated player, always has a "Lamela Card" in him.

If Nuno can get N'Dombele playing to his best potential and Bryan finds his feet, then I don't see that we "need" Lo Celso. 

20 hours ago, Borodin said:

Man Utd 'reportedly' considering Ndombele as a replacement for Pogba should he leave :

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-manchester-united-monitoring-tottenham-midfielder/

You're having a laugh mate. This should be in the joke thread !!!  LOL

I have just read in Gossip in the BBC Sports app that Mundo Deportivo  (written in Spanish) are reporting that Man Utd are looking for Franck Kessie to replace Pogba. 

I have read several times that Kessie is a Spurs target. 

If both rumours are true, I wonder who he will choose? 

COYS 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, GPK said:

Since arriving at the club, I have been very underwhelmed by Lo Celso. To me it looks like he has got an attitude issue (further compounded by this latest debacle). He doesn't look to be the most team orientated player, always has a "Lamela Card" in him.

If Nuno can get N'Dombele playing to his best potential and Bryan finds his feet, then I don't see that we "need" Lo Celso. 

What works for Spain doesn’t work for the Prem. Gio is skillful but to slow for the wings. Lo Celso is neither a RF nor a RM. Lammy was. But falsely dealt as Bale replacement (in truth Chadli was) he was brought on too early by Andre Villa BoAss. Lamela was a light weight and his long time injury absence ruined his potential. Sad but true.

Lo Celso plays to his best as CM in a 4-3-3. The position he played the best for PSG. Creating chances as a deep laying playmaker.

Ndombele is a cry baby, lazy as fuck and I repeat myself - is not the player we needed. But the board knew it better. They knew everything better, thats why we are staying 9th on the table.

Well done, shit heads. Well done

23 hours ago, Spurfect said:

What works for Spain doesn’t work for the Prem. Gio is skillful but to slow for the wings. Lo Celso is neither a RF nor a RM. Lammy was. But falsely dealt as Bale replacement (in truth Chadli was) he was brought on too early by Andre Villa BoAss. Lamela was a light weight and his long time injury absence ruined his potential. Sad but true.

Lo Celso plays to his best as CM in a 4-3-3. The position he played the best for PSG. Creating chances as a deep laying playmaker.

Ndombele is a cry baby, lazy as fuck and I repeat myself - is not the player we needed. But the board knew it better. They knew everything better, thats why we are staying 9th on the table.

Well done, shit heads. Well done

Lo Celso creating chances as a deep laying playmaker. 
Sorry but Lo Celso and playmaker should never be used in the same sentence.

I think it speaks volumes about his performances at PSG if he was moved onto those world beaters Real Betis
But lucky for Betis there are some real mugs out there with no eye for talent that would pay nearly 50m for shit! 

16 hours ago, Sumsio said:

Lo Celso creating chances as a deep laying playmaker. 
Sorry but Lo Celso and playmaker should never be used in the same sentence.

I think it speaks volumes about his performances at PSG if he was moved onto those world beaters Real Betis
But lucky for Betis there are some real mugs out there with no eye for talent that would pay nearly 50m for shit! 

Everybody has their personal opinion. So feel free to tell us what you think.

According to the price, how much did we spend for Ndombele? For what exactly? A goal he has scored from the centre line? Paulinho was as lucky as him. The black Lampard served us really well. Don’t you think? Errr.... No!

From the player type, we needed Ndombeles midfield partner Auoar. Ndombele is just the same player type as Sissoko, Sissoko on the other hand was a very lousy replacement for Dembs! Wijnaldum was available, but the board knew it better. 

Anyway we had already that kind of player type, so a cheap alternative would have been Berge and instead of Hojbjerg we could have signed a much cheaper Soucek, who can score goals and could have kept KWP. But the board knew it better.

I think none of the players are motivated at the moment and it doesn’t help to play them out of position. Gio is a different player for Argentina or Betis and PSG. The fact that Pochettino was our manager had a lot to do with his signing and I also think that Lamela played a part, even Gazza to keep him satisfied. Now all of them are gone and there is nothing to play for or to win, especially under Nuno. Why should he run his socks of, when no one seems to bother. So lets hope he finds a new mikado partner in Romero!

And to be honest who should he play the ball, when he is surrounded by mediocre players? I mean from who should he receive the final pass? Dele ‚shitlock‘? Harry ‚want away‘? Hojbjerg, who can‘t pass? The offense lack chances, cause we have no creativity in the midfield and the one who is capable of it is playing upfront!? Should he pass the ball to himself? That would be a miracle! The player they are looking for in Gio is Buendia or Lovro Majer, who are a similar player types to Eriksen and Modric.

There is no passion to see from anybody. Thats a problem in general when you hire foreign mercenaries. But the Brits are not better. The ones we have in the team are absolutely wank at the moment! If a deal is already done with City, leave Harry out of play as hard as it sounds

Anyway, the board should know it better, Portuguese managers doesn’t suit us. Why the hell did we sign Jose when his lap dog AVB failed at every level. Now we have the next portuguese failure hired.

The only positive thing I see might lay in a repetition. After a successful period with Redknepp, we wasted money on AVB, Baldini and players who didn‘t click, but revived under Poch. So maybe the same will happen, when Nuno and Patricia leaves. I hope we see a deja vu that bring us a new manager with some witty employees who have a golden nose for talents. Cause its not only about the money you spend, its about finding the right players for the right positions for the right tactics!

I won‘t mind to find the right ones, cause IMO the supporters should have a say in the transfer market, but the board know it better! 

Hopefully better days are coming

Mate spurs tried to purchase wijnaldum for poch ,,but the player said he wanted to go to Liverpool,,,,,Jose decided kwp wasn’t his cup of tea so they did the deal for Hojbjerg and kwp ,,,they did the deal for pau Torres at Villarreal the player said no we did the deal for kondo he said no ,,,all those players were gonna double there money.

we need a partner for Romero yes ,,,they tried there arses of to do those deals ,,,apparently the Kane deal was done but his brother messed about ( that’s why Kane sacked his brother as his agent ) ,we had the striker at florentine ready to go ,,,Ndombele fucked his own move up cos he would take a pay cut funny enough .

mate so I get what your saying yes ,,,but sometimes it’s nothing to do with the board of directors,,,,it’s to do with players themselves,,,if plan A is not worked then plan move to B,,,C ,,,and so on ,,,,,you can take a horse to water ,,but ya can’t make it drink it dude 

10 hours ago, Borodin said:

The Times are reporting that Winks wants out in January and has asked club to arrange a loan deal :

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-fans-react-as-harry-winks-eyes-loan-exit/

Best for both parties I think, he's not going to get regular football under Nuno.

Like Dele, for me he is an enigma.

When he  broke into the squad, I think most, if not all of us, thought he was going to mature into a top player having a long career with Spurs - some on here even had him book marked as a future captain. 

I feel he was possibly a bit unlucky that he had to play in too many games during Poch's last few months and Mourinho's unsuccessful tenure. He was young and inexperienced and it would have taken a lot of mental strength playing in all those must win games. 

It seems to me he has ambition and he has confidence in himself, but needs to be playing regularly to progress. I think he would like to have his career at Spurs and he is taking steps to prove he is capable of doing it. 

I think for both player and club it is a sensible move to loan him out and to keep our options open. 

COYS 

14 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Think Winks should move on for himself, fuck Spurs  he wont win anything here nor progress his career , we are going downhill fast 

Ditto Dele, they owe Spurs nothing ,move on and enjoy your playing time 

Come on mate, you don't think things are that bad do you ? As regards Alli and Winks I think Dele has badly let us and himself down the past few seasons. He's gone from a £100m rated player in 2019 to a £20m one at present. Yes you can blame managers and other factors but his attitude on the pitch hardly inspires his team mates or the supporters. Harry Winks for me is just not up to the quality this club needs if we seriously intend challenging for trophies and titles. He will never be able to command regular football at a top club and would be much better suited at another.

I think the club is at a huge crossroads this season and the January window will tell us a lot about just how ambitious Daniel, Fabio and Nuno really are. Not so much incoming but outgoing. I'd like to see Kane, Winks and Alli all moved on. They are 'old school' and those days have passed us by. Fresh young blood needed now, hungry for success. We have the core of a potentially top side already but it is up to Daniel to finance the additions required to complete the squad.

I would say that the 'hill' you refer to has us currently right in the middle and our next dealings in the transfer market will clearly show whether we intend travelling up the hill or down it. We will know for certain come the end of January and take another look at which players are at the club (new and old). :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

i wouldnt have typed it if i didnt mean it,  its only insults i type that i dont mean ;-)

I am just truly saddened that you see our current situation as being so dire. I am extremely worried and concerned about the future but 'going downhill fast' is a term I will reserve for when the January window has shut and we assess what deals were done. I sincerely hope I'm not having to agree with you then but I do fully respect and understand your viewpoint :thumb:

41 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Come on mate, you don't think things are that bad do you ? As regards Alli and Winks I think Dele has badly let us and himself down the past few seasons. He's gone from a £100m rated player in 2019 to a £20m one at present. Yes you can blame managers and other factors but his attitude on the pitch hardly inspires his team mates or the supporters. Harry Winks for me is just not up to the quality this club needs if we seriously intend challenging for trophies and titles. He will never be able to command regular football at a top club and would be much better suited at another.

I think the club is at a huge crossroads this season and the January window will tell us a lot about just how ambitious Daniel, Fabio and Nuno really are. Not so much incoming but outgoing. I'd like to see Kane, Winks and Alli all moved on. They are 'old school' and those days have passed us by. Fresh young blood needed now, hungry for success. We have the core of a potentially top side already but it is up to Daniel to finance the additions required to complete the squad.

If Dele had Winks' attitude and Winks had Dele's inherent skills, I'd keep them both ...... but they don't, so get rid

If there is any truth to this, this will be a good barometer to judge if he has got it to be a decent player. 

Everton are doing quite well this season and competition will be tough for a regular place. If he does well, we have the option to bring him back. If he fails to cement a first team place we cab sell him. 

COYS