Spurs Web
Borodin

The Daniel Levy/ENIC Thread (DL/ENIC Related Content Only Please)

Too often judgements are made without looking at the whole picture and the history. 

For me, the whole picture is that THFC was born out of the love of football and to compete and to strive to be the best. The history  was they stuck to that philosophy and were the first to achieve in various football competitions and we were the best. 

Football has slowly changed from being a sport to being a business for those clubs that had extremely rich owners. The level field disappeared and the rich clubs battling with each other, pushed transfer fees and wages to this ridiculous level it is at the moment. That took being top dogs away from 99% of the clubs. DL has made the club one of the richest in Europe with one of the best stadiums. He has failed dismally to make them a top European club. 

I have not the slightest bit of interest in the American football, boxing, pop singers etc that DL will bring to the stadium - I don’t care even if they are the very best in the world. I am simply a football fan. 

For me DL, as the head of the club, has totally misjudged what is need to get the club back to being up there with the best in Europe. More worryingly, because the players needed to become a major force only go to club playing in the CL. I just don't know how he can attract a manager and the players to succeed into making Spurs a top club in this this modern era. 

I can't knock him as an accountant, but, for me, he has totally failed in the most important area - ie concentrating on the football side of the club. He has been in charge during this period when football morphed to being a business for the top clubs. He could have spent money differently so that we became a club like Chelsea and City and bought us success. He didn't and so I would be happy to see the back of him. 

COYS 

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

he shouldnt have a choice if hes left the club , that would be my 'like'   whether he jumps (takes guts so he wont) or ends up being hounded out by fans etc (Spurs fans are spineless and pathetic as their 'meeting' about the ESL proved )   so maybe another dodgy helicopter trip will do the trick  i live in hope and I know that sounds horrible but hell he has done a lot of bad in the previous 3 years for Spurs,   

Staff on furlough  O  no erm i changed my mind here use WHL for NHS   (Such a two faced angel) 

ESL debacle  what a cock

clueless manager merry go round to the extent where nobody decent wants to come here now 

Spurs have gone from the club every expert loved to eulogise about and other supporters begrudgingly had to admit they were jealous of to being the same old tripe of no hopers , hell we not even pretenders any more 

Hell id happily hire the chopper 

Fella he owns %25 of enic and the club ,,,,question would you give that up ,,,answer is a no from me ,,,,you wouldn’t would you be honest ,,,would you give it up if your sodou name asked to leave ,,,,no you wouldn’t,,,,be the boss yeah lol ,,,,me your shite at selling medical stuff your sacked,,I have no idea what your selling but I am in charge lol,,so your sacked ,,,I will employ some other phone dude lol see ya ,,,I am still in charge ,,,,,,,,would you sack yourself????? Answer is a no ,,,,would you lol 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Too often judgements are made without looking at the whole picture and the history. 

For me, the whole picture is that THFC was born out of the love of football and to compete and to strive to be the best. The history  was they stuck to that philosophy and were the first to achieve in various football competitions and we were the best. 

Football has slowly changed from being a sport to being a business for those clubs that had extremely rich owners. The level field disappeared and the rich clubs battling with each other, pushed transfer fees and wages to this ridiculous level it is at the moment. That took being top dogs away from 99% of the clubs. DL has made the club one of the richest in Europe with one of the best stadiums. He has failed dismally to make them a top European club. 

I have not the slightest bit of interest in the American football, boxing, pop singers etc that DL will bring to the stadium - I don’t care even if they are the very best in the world. I am simply a football fan. 

For me DL, as the head of the club, has totally misjudged what is need to get the club back to being up there with the best in Europe. More worryingly, because the players needed to become a major force only go to club playing in the CL. I just don't know how he can attract a manager and the players to succeed into making Spurs a top club in this this modern era. 

I can't knock him as an accountant, but, for me, he has totally failed in the most important area - ie concentrating on the football side of the club. He has been in charge during this period when football morphed to being a business for the top clubs. He could have spent money differently so that we became a club like Chelsea and City and bought us success. He didn't and so I would be happy to see the back of him. 

COYS 

We didn’t have the Russian money mate or the Arab money that’s why ffp was brought in to stop that simple ,,the Derby chairman spent £200 million of the clubs money not his kin money ,,,they are now fkued ,,,,,,,that money is all stopped,,,,,,

owners again again cannot spend there own money it’s not allowed anymore ,,,,

if we still had the old stadium we could only battle with Norwich city on purchasing players a 36 k seater stadium wouldn’t pay James’s pensions let alone 11 players on 200 k a week ,,,,yes wish for Amazon ( not happening) wish for a better company to own spurs ,,,,but the main factor is these people are all in it to make money nothing else ,,we could have Attila the Hun in charge he would only want the wedge ,,,,yes cheer when enic is gone but when the light isn’t turned on at the end off the tunnel don’t bitch about who you have in charge yeah simple ok lord sugar sold it to his best mate lol

He sacked Poch for over achieving or hitting target a season early. Seriously deluded freak 

He sacked jose pre final having perhaps mistakenly bought him in to win things!! Seriously deluded freak

I wanted jose gone but not on eve of final 

Levy just acts on a whim . wheres our 5 year plan now? Attract Farke and pray?? 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

He sacked Poch for over achieving or hitting target a season early. Seriously deluded freak 

He sacked jose pre final having perhaps mistakenly bought him in to win things!! Seriously deluded freak

I wanted jose gone but not on eve of final 

Levy just acts on a whim . wheres our 5 year plan now? Attract Farke and pray?? 

Just posted a thread about Watford sacking their manager this morning. Their board issued this statement :

"The board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving," the club said.

DL may be copying and pasting this ready for tomorrow if we lose today :cc:

On 10/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, Audere Est Facere said:

So do or did ours . done nothing with them eg Slavia Prague 

Enic own shares in other clubs but don’t own them ,,,I.e %20 of Glasgow Rangers never put a penny in 

4 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Enic own shares in other clubs but don’t own them ,,,I.e %20 of Glasgow Rangers never put a penny in 

They owned at least 3 before they got involved with Spurs. Slavia were one of them and a couple other European minnows. Maybe their practice bodge jobs before messing with us for all these years. Had plenty chances to do the right thing but decided not to invest when it likely would have optimised eg Harry in CL. Jol in Europa. Poch obviously regular top 4.

No no no far more sensible to spend on manager compensation and rebuilding squad 2 years too late . look at £££ wasted on Poch going jose in jose out players missed instead of investing when we all felt we only needed 2 or 3 more key players when we were regular top 4

Levy hasnt got a clue how to build a successful football team . Business success yes. Football Winners no 

On 10/4/2021 at 9:57 PM, Audere Est Facere said:

They owned at least 3 before they got involved with Spurs. Slavia were one of them and a couple other European minnows. Maybe their practice bodge jobs before messing with us for all these years. Had plenty chances to do the right thing but decided not to invest when it likely would have optimised eg Harry in CL. Jol in Europa. Poch obviously regular top 4.

No no no far more sensible to spend on manager compensation and rebuilding squad 2 years too late . look at £££ wasted on Poch going jose in jose out players missed instead of investing when we all felt we only needed 2 or 3 more key players when we were regular top 4

Levy hasnt got a clue how to build a successful football team . Business success yes. Football Winners no 

They are just share holders not owners of those clubs ,,,when jol was in charge the income was a lot lower ,,,poch yes could have done with help ,,but he wanted courthino 2 and half years ago for a £100 million always gonna be a no mate ,,,but there’s no thanks for mr levy getting poch ,,,bale ,,,Hugo,,ericksen,,,Kane,,,Moura ,,,etc etc etc etc ,,,,I know the frustration,,,but look at Barcelona completely fucked a £410 million loss and still over billion in debt they can’t sack there manager cos they can’t pay the £20 million they would owe him lol

Theres been plenty of thanks to Levy . certainly when Poch was here i likedhim a lot ( Levy i mean too) BUT he just is not patient enough and yet again since sacking Spurs have taken 4 steps backwards from CL finallists to Mickey mouse Euroland disney tinpot shit league where the reward for winning is ..... .. Nada yipee 

So now to get back to Poch level times levy will have to spend far far more than if hed have been even more supportive AT THE KEY TIMES with Poch.

Yet supposedly levy is a financial wizard?  No hes not else hed have invested at the best time for £100m in a window or two for a strengthening of an already strong highly effective squad and management team flying high and keeping us in the lucrative CL not when it is too late at £400m over 4-6 windows   for a total rebuild of a lost cause plus all the lost revenue of not being in the CL 

1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Well it reads like mr levy might be getting the club another £25 million a year ,,,nice 

Whys that? A weekly bingo night. Hed have made us more than that by us being in CL the last 3 seasons like we were the previous 4 seasons 

Just now, Mr8ball said:

Naming rights to the stadium dude 

What!! its White Hart Lane worth a lot more than £25m its not some unhistorical shithole like  highbury substitute  or city arab sheikhdom 

I do like discussing with you tho 

I like(d) Levy but hes ballsed up waytoomuch recently 

My heart says forego the money and to keep it as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or return to White Hart Lane. 

Sadly, we are likely to be saddle with a product name. 

The worst part of reaching old age is watching all the tradition being slowly discarded. I sometimes think that the Spurs of today is totally different from the Spurs of the 50s and 60s.

COYS 

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

My heart says forego the money and to keep it as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium or return to White Hart Lane. 

Sadly, we are likely to be saddle with a product name. 

The worst part of reaching old age is watching all the tradition being slowly discarded. I sometimes think that the Spurs of today is totally different from the Spurs of the 50s and 60s.

COYS 

You are absolutely right about Spurs being a totally different entity than is was 60 years ago, but that goes for nearly all clubs in the top 2 or 3 divisions.

It's a money game now - look at the Manure squad and see what they spend on players and salaries - the same goes for Citeh, the bin-dippers and the Ruskies. To compete with them, we have to be like them. The new stadium, the NFL, concerts and the naming rights are all income generators. The money has to come from somewhere and these will all be good, long-term revenue streams. When I do my financial planning for my business it is always good that, at the start of the year, I can look at guaranteed income and know that X% of my overheads for the year are already covered.

59 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

You are absolutely right about Spurs being a totally different entity than is was 60 years ago, but that goes for nearly all clubs in the top 2 or 3 divisions.

It's a money game now - look at the Manure squad and see what they spend on players and salaries - the same goes for Citeh, the bin-dippers and the Ruskies. To compete with them, we have to be like them. The new stadium, the NFL, concerts and the naming rights are all income generators. The money has to come from somewhere and these will all be good, long-term revenue streams. When I do my financial planning for my business it is always good that, at the start of the year, I can look at guaranteed income and know that X% of my overheads for the year are already covered.

Absolutely right C

The trouble is not many fans of THFC have business experience.

Also, we all conveniently forget the late 50s and 60s when Billy Nick recruited to build a team and achieved success with a combination of home grown players and youngsters bought in.....

Blanchflower was the 'old head'

Brown (Dundee) Baker (local) Henry (Local) Blanchflower (Aston Villa) Norman (Norwich) Mackay (Hearts) White (Falkirk) Smith (Chelsea) Allen (Local) Dyson (Local) Jones (Swansea) Medwin (Swansea)

1 hour ago, Cromulentmart said:

Whilst I totally agree that there are  many factors at a football club which financially can come under the heading of 'guaranteed income and overheads' which would allow Levy to work out a % of  forthcoming costs already covered by assured earnings it is the manner in which he is able to juggle the countless variables which earns my respect. Imagine having your nicely prepared business plan for the season and suddenly you are offered £100m extra income for one of your players, you then have to assess is there an actual need to sell, is it missing a golden opportunity that may never come again or is it in the best interests of the club to keep the player in order to keep the fans happy and hopefully earn qualification for top European competition next season and have some extra guaranteed income for next years plan ?. What happens when the business inexplicably fails to perform and there is an obvious need for unanticipated expenditure on new players to try and stabilise performances and league position before the situation worsens and the possibility of relegation threatens. Look at Dele Alli who in 2019 was market valued at £100m and now carries a price tag of just £20m. The twists and turns within a season or two are staggering.

Trying to foresee all these variable factors for unexpected costs / income must be like juggling soot and for the manner in which he attempts to keep the books in good order he has nothing but my admiration. He turned down a minimum of £120m for Harry Kane last window without even discussing the matter with Man City and now we have a disconsolate and seemingly demotivated HK who will no doubt be looking for pastures new come January window. That may well come back to kick Levy in the balls but I bet that scenario wasn't on the horizon when he began planning season 21/22.

It is all about money, look at Man Utd bringing Ronaldo back. Everyone said it was the owners trying to appease the fans in some way. Then suddenly after Man Utd share prices rocket following him joining the Glazers dump 9.5m shares and make $21.3m more profit than they would have done. These people aren't fans, they are cold hearted cynical businessmen.

Daniel Levy recently valued Spurs at £3.5 billion which doubles the figure given by Forbes last April of just £1.7 billion ( $2.3 m) as per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs and he declared the naming rights price of £25m per year. There seems little to validate Daniel's estimation when you consider the clubs recent history of success and it would require a massive injection of cash to get the squad anywhere near to being able to challenge regularly with the "Top Four" and justify that £3.5 billion figure. So we either assume Daniel has completely lost his marbles with such a valuation or that there are plans afoot for the attention now to fully focus on having a squad that matches the stadium's grandeur. I have a sneaky suspicion (and sincere hope) that it is the latter. :thumb:

Pray with me brothers :cc: