Spurs Web
Borodin

The Daniel Levy/ENIC Thread (DL/ENIC Related Content Only Please)

46 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

ahh Levy is going to hire out the Lane for preaching sermons USA style , mega bucks and Dan himself will be out passing around the collection sombreros 

Praise be to the Lord, Hallelujah brother !!

I have been saying for years that success in football is almost invariably only achieved by clubs who have the where with all to buy it. Success doesn't simply mean winning trophies. Being a mid table club, all that is available is staying there with very occasionally winning a domestic cup, and that is being successful. Avoiding relegation for clubs like Burnley is being successful. 

The sad part in English football is that the gap between the the very rich clubs and the clubs at the poorest end of the scale is monumental. While the rich clubs are managing, those in the 3 leagues below the EPL are struggling. When there was an even playing field the vast number of teams from reasonably sized towns stood a chance of reaching the top league and many at some time won it. Many of those teams that have enjoyed success in the past for several years are struggling to stay solvent. 

For both Liverpool and Utd, when they were successful for decades, they never had to contend with 3,4, or 5 teams to challenge them. Over the last 10 years or so, the teams with money and able to buy squads capable of winning the EPL has grown. 

I suppose you could say that  City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are the current top clubs with Spurs, Arsenal and from today, Newcastle, making up the clubs with the potential to be considered rich enough to try and buy success. So from that point of view, being able to buy success in the EPL is no longer a for gone solution. 

For me, the No1 factor today goes beyond wealth. To win is to attract the best players. To attract the world's best, it is virtually imperative to have qualified for the CL. To be out of the top 4, regardless of wealth, imposes a massive restriction that has no effective way to get around the problem. 

Spurs, Arsenal and possibly Newcastle now, for one to make top 4, one of the current top 4 has to fail. For 2 to make it, two have to fail and for all 3 to become top 4, it means  catching 3 of them. 

Sticking up for DL or deriding him is rather meaningless in my mind. I read all these points of view on here on the reasons we are currently where we are and what needs to be one  of the top 4.. For me, I prefer to look at the whole picture. What is the position in football today? I have given my views above. 

Whose fault it is for our current position, and whether DL has done a good, bad or indifferent job is irrelevant. We need to concentrate on trying to be a top 4 team again under very, very difficult conditions. We need a very capable manager and a few top class players and that is one helluva problem we are facing. 

COYS 

Look if we still had the old stadium,,,who does anyone think we could buy ,,,only the bob standard run off the mill old cast off’s that we were getting Saha,,cudichini,,galas,,,,,,,Kane would have jumped ship years ago Hugo etc ,,,,the model for the club now outside off the football is to generate millions for the football club ,,,what was x amount off stadiums doing while we made x amount out of the Joshua fight ,,,,it goes to thfc funds it’s not kin rocket science,,,,,all want levy and enic out without coming up with the reasonable buyer of the club ,,,oh a rich Arab ,,a Russian,,a bloke from the pub ,,,,who who ,,,,name proper buyers please Sunday sport own West Ham Lol 

51 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Look if we still had the old stadium,,,who does anyone think we could buy ,,,only the bob standard run off the mill old cast off’s that we were getting Saha,,cudichini,,galas,,,,,,,Kane would have jumped ship years ago Hugo etc ,,,,the model for the club now outside off the football is to generate millions for the football club ,,,what was x amount off stadiums doing while we made x amount out of the Joshua fight ,,,,it goes to thfc funds it’s not kin rocket science,,,,,all want levy and enic out without coming up with the reasonable buyer of the club ,,,oh a rich Arab ,,a Russian,,a bloke from the pub ,,,,who who ,,,,name proper buyers please Sunday sport own West Ham Lol 

What about sending Donald Trump a letter confirming that a distant relative of his was the first groundsman at the Tottenham Amateurs Golf Club before it got redeveloped into White Hart Lane?
Well you did ask! :dd::dd:

Why do we have to give the next buyer just cos we fed up of levy constantly under achieving.

Its not my job to find a replacement and its not like replacing a manager wheres there's loads of names. 

Maybe Tesla or Musk . Tesla stadium has a decent ring to it 

9 hours ago, grahambailey said:

What about sending Donald Trump a letter confirming that a distant relative of his was the first groundsman at the Tottenham Amateurs Golf Club before it got redeveloped into White Hart Lane?
Well you did ask! :dd::dd:

Who is this person you speak of? I've blocked it all out... :dd:

22 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Why do we have to give the next buyer just cos we fed up of levy constantly under achieving.

Its not my job to find a replacement and its not like replacing a manager wheres there's loads of names. 

Maybe Tesla or Musk . Tesla stadium has a decent ring to it 

They obviously don’t do sports my mate next nobody’s please lol 

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Have 25p between them 

I don't know about Jamie but you grossly underestimate Our 'Arry if you think he's not worth a bob or two. Remember that ridiculous court case where he had funds in a bank account named after his dog ? Classic Harry Redknapp. :dd: I love the guy. He's the Del Boy of the footballing world.

2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I don't know about Jamie but you grossly underestimate Our 'Arry if you think he's not worth a bob or two. Remember that ridiculous court case where he had funds in a bank account named after his dog ? Classic Harry Redknapp. :dd: I love the guy. He's the Del Boy of the footballing world.

That’s why he got sacked lol

2 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

The devil and the deep blue sea fellas ,,maybe the echo grass might not be greener unless ya by mcarnety grass 

I remain convinced that our new owners will be American and that our NFL connections will be involved. It stands to reason that as the club moves forward and stages more and more NFL fixtures and sporting events our current owner will seek to find a buyer from within that environment.

5 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

That’s why he got sacked lol

Harry was sacked because despite finishing fourth we missed out on Champions League because Chelsea won the trophy. There was all the gossip about the England Manager's job as well. I shall let the guy himself explain :

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I remain convinced that our new owners will be American and that our NFL connections will be involved. It stands to reason that as the club moves forward and stages more and more NFL fixtures and sporting events our current owner will seek to find a buyer from within that environment.

USA owners only fund there investments in the USA sorry that’s a bigger worry than mike Ashley in charge lol

1 minute ago, Borodin said:

Harry was sacked because despite finishing fourth we missed out on Champions League because Chelsea won the trophy. There was all the gossip about the England Manager's job as well. I shall let the guy himself explain :

Poch got sacked cos off his wider interest for Man Utd dude same reason as the knapp he wanted the England job 

youre happy to have a solvent club, we been that for years,  we were exciting and interesting and consistently good too , we are not now nor for the last 2 seasons at least 

Do you think Levy will take us back to the CL the way hes doing things the last few seasons seriously?  

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

What is your beef dude!  So you want Levy to stay fine,   we or some of us dont 

We dont have to come up with a replacement tho anymore than you have to come up with why we are going backwards under the magnificent Levy 

Who’s there dude who who that’s my question,,,they are sports investors yes who 

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

Poch got sacked cos off his wider interest for Man Utd dude same reason as the knapp he wanted the England job 

they both got sacked cos Levy is egotistical twat and they were both way more popular than him and he hates that 

youre happy to have a solvent club, we been that for years,  we were exciting and interesting and consistently good too , we are not now nor for the last 2 seasons at least 

Do you think Levy will take us back to the CL the way hes doing things the last few seasons seriously?  

Who is the answer mate ,,.who would take us there as chairman as chairman 

they both got sacked cos Levy is egotistical twat and they were both way more popular than him and he hates that 

Which chairman mate who the x Man Utd one 

1 minute ago, Mr8ball said:

Who’s there dude who who that’s my question,,,they are sports investors yes who 

i dont know thats not my job to know,  but we are going nowhere but backwards under Levy now and he aint learned any lessons to show he will change for the better