Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

The Daniel Levy/ENIC Thread (DL/ENIC Related Content Only Please)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

they both got sacked cos Levy is egotistical twat and they were both way more popular than him and he hates that 

Wouldn’t you be egotistical in there position????
 

easy answer yes ,,,ya dig holes for fuck all yeah ya don’t do your job selling ffa simple answer is oh I would do it for nothing but no you wouldn’t simple yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

i dont know thats not my job to know,  but we are going nowhere but backwards under Levy now and he aint learned any lessons to show he will change for the better

We were also going forward under Levy - CL final and top 4 finishes. These things go in cycles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

i dont know thats not my job to know,  but we are going nowhere but backwards under Levy now and he aint learned any lessons to show he will change for the

18 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

i dont know thats not my job to know,  but we are going nowhere but backwards under Levy now and he aint learned any lessons to show he will change for the better

Mate how do we know what they are doing ,,are you perfect at work do you never make a mistake or a wrong order blah blah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

We were also going forward under Levy - CL final and top 4 finishes. These things go in cycles.

Always forgetting the finer points lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

We were also going forward under Levy - CL final and top 4 finishes. These things go in cycles.

Yes but that wasnt good enough and he sacked Poch for over achieving . Why . seriously i have to repeat myself so many times . i gave levy plenty of praise in those times but decisions HE made have led to this clubs decline and he continued to mess up. 

Furlough. ESL . Jose . sacking Jose just before our chance of silverware. Manager struggle to attract anyone instead of 5th choice Nuno . 

A lot of mistakes in a short space of time leads to us being a joke instead of being a club others eulogise about 

Levy rightly enjoyed the deserved glory in Poch years he has to face the music now we are failing abysmally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Always forgetting the finer points lol

Answer a question for once in your life go on surprise us ive asked u a number of times do you think levy will get us back to regular CL levels unless he massively changes his ways 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More news of NFL matches at the stadium and high praise for Levy's foresight in building a ground capable of hosting such fixtures.

All you need to know as a Spurs fan with NFL games set to be played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium from this weekend

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/nfl-games-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-21809702

As I said before, I am growing more and more convinced that our new owners will come from 'across the pond'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Borodin said:

More news of NFL matches at the stadium and high praise for Levy's foresight in building a ground capable of hosting such fixtures.

All you need to know as a Spurs fan with NFL games set to be played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium from this weekend

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/nfl-games-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-21809702

As I said before, I am growing more and more convinced that our new owners will come from 'across the pond'.

Get the Redskins at the Lane. I can go watch them then 

Joe Gibbs could lead the team to buy us. Hes won at NFL built a winning team in NASCAR come on Joe visit London

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Get the Redskins at the Lane. I can go watch them then 

Joe Gibbs could lead the team to buy us. Hes won at NFL built a winning team in NASCAR come on Joe visit London

What about the San Antonio Spurs buying us ? catchy name don't you think :cc: We could simply be The Spurs Stadium and that would cover both teams :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Borodin said:

More news of NFL matches at the stadium and high praise for Levy's foresight in building a ground capable of hosting such fixtures.

All you need to know as a Spurs fan with NFL games set to be played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium from this weekend

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/nfl-games-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-21809702

As I said before, I am growing more and more convinced that our new owners will come from 'across the pond'.

Did you think my presence here was an accident, sir? Haha :cc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Answer a question for once in your life go on surprise us ive asked u a number of times do you think levy will get us back to regular CL levels unless he massively changes his ways 

 

I do believe that mr levy and our squad are capable of getting the club back in the cl as before,,,if there were new owners does that mean we would get cl ,,,answer mine lol who are the credible new prospective owners of spurs fella ,,,cos who ever brought spurs would want more than there investment back ,,,there not buying spurs as a toy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

I do believe that mr levy and our squad are capable of getting the club back in the cl as before,,,if there were new owners does that mean we would get cl ,,,answer mine lol who are the credible new prospective owners of spurs fella ,,,cos who ever brought spurs would want more than there investment back ,,,there not buying spurs as a toy 

Thanks. I agree the squad can get there again with Levy. But he HAS to learn his lessons . theres a reason we ended up with our what 5th choice manager. Levy is that reason .Conte wanted in but Levy has to be the hardball king. Not saying Conte was the answer. Levy didnt even seem to entertain the Lille guy who is now at Nice. Maybe not Levys fault i dont know

Ive answered your question about 6 times . new owners hardly trip off the tongue like replacement managers and players do.

If we get CL 4 seasons again thats some investment returned 

Id like Levy to be more humble, change a few things about himself for the better thatd be better than replacing. Im not sure he can or is willing to change tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Thanks. I agree the squad can get there again with Levy. But he HAS to learn his lessons . theres a reason we ended up with our what 5th choice manager. Levy is that reason .Conte wanted in but Levy has to be the hardball king. Not saying Conte was the answer. Levy didnt even seem to entertain the Lille guy who is now at Nice. Maybe not Levys fault i dont know

Ive answered your question about 6 times . new owners hardly trip off the tongue like replacement managers and players do.

If we get CL 4 seasons again thats some investment returned 

Id like Levy to be more humble, change a few things about himself for the better thatd be better than replacing. Im not sure he can or is willing to change tho

That’s cool dude ,,,those you did suggest have no interest in buying a football club or a sports franchise,,,that’s why the queue for buying spurs is extremely small .

yes maybe mr levy could change yes ,,,but change has arrived in the shape off the dof and mr Hitchin who have the hands on experience and the football knowledge and contacts to do the business of searching for players .

i am sure over 20 years mr levy has learnt a lot off lessons,,,but I truly believe everything that he has done ,,it’s always trying to put the club 1st ,,,,yes he is stubborn,,but in his position you have to be ,,,he wants the same as us to be successful,,,it must burn him that he on behalf off the club buys a player like Ndombele and he looks like a complete donkey at times and players and agents trying to dictate to the club when there under contract.

i get everything that you have said dude but there’s loads that goes on that none of us will ever know until the autobiographical books come out COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

 

Id like Levy to be more humble, change a few things about himself for the better thatd be better than replacing. Im not sure he can or is willing to change tho

That's what worries me too. I thought he'd finally recognised his shortcomings as a transfer negotiator when he appointed Paratici as DOF. If the stories are true about him still interfering with choices made then sadly he hasn't.

I've no problem with him being in charge of the finances and giving Fabio and Nuno a budget to work within. The secret then is to step back and trust them in how that money is spent. Otherwise they are just puppets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Borodin said:

That's what worries me too. I thought he'd finally recognised his shortcomings as a transfer negotiator when he appointed Paratici as DOF. If the stories are true about him still interfering with choices made then sadly he hasn't.

I've no problem with him being in charge of the finances and giving Fabio and Nuno a budget to work within. The secret then is to step back and trust them in how that money is spent. Otherwise they are just puppets.

Agreed fella ,,,mr levy does struggle to trust or let certain strings go .

but I believe that mr Paratici has gained a lot off trust in his 1st 6 months ,,the lad he pushed for that’s gone back to Metz ,,must have taken a lot off convincing,,,then Gil and Romero look like they fit the spurs profile of player .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he has been 'numero uno' for decades, the likelihood of him stepping down and allowing someone else taking some of his decisions is pretty low - I can't see him changing. The only way that will happen is if he sells the club, and as he loves being the boss at Spurs, that too is unlikely. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

When he has been 'numero uno' for decades, the likelihood of him stepping down and allowing someone else taking some of his decisions is pretty low - I can't see him changing. The only way that will happen is if he sells the club, and as he loves being the boss at Spurs, that too is unlikely. 

COYS 

I understand your point of view mate but it does raise the question of why bother appointing Paratici if you have no intention of relinquishing your control ?. Now either he is using Fabio as a buffer so if things go wrong he can blame the Italian or the rumours of his meddling are grossly exaggerated. Fabio seems a little too street wise for me to be fooled into taking such a 'puppet' role and I'm sure would have demanded assurances with regards to areas of responsibility and unquestioned authority. The stories are mainly based on the Traore transfer that fell through and there are suggestions that Levy stopped the deal because it would have taken Nuno and Fabio over the allocated budget. They asked Daniel for the extra cash required and he turned them down. If that is the case then I have no problem with that at all.

I just hope that if Harry does leave after Christmas the income from that deal is handed to the DOF and manager so that they can work together on a rebuild strategy regarding 'life after Kane' at Tottenham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Borodin said:

I understand your point of view mate but it does raise the question of why bother appointing Paratici if you have no intention of relinquishing your control ?. Now either he is using Fabio as a buffer so if things go wrong he can blame the Italian or the rumours of his meddling are grossly exaggerated. Fabio seems a little too street wise for me to be fooled into taking such a 'puppet' role and I'm sure would have demanded assurances with regards to areas of responsibility and unquestioned authority. The stories are mainly based on the Traore transfer that fell through and there are suggestions that Levy stopped the deal because it would have taken Nuno and Fabio over the allocated budget. They asked Daniel for the extra cash required and he turned them down. If that is the case then I have no problem with that at all.

I just hope that if Harry does leave after Christmas the income from that deal is handed to the DOF and manager so that they can work together on a rebuild strategy regarding 'life after Kane' at Tottenham.

Sadly, the other side of the coin is he sought out Fabio knowing he was possibly the best at finding and getting players to join the club. Our record in  buying players has far too many that have been poor decisions. It may well be he was only adding another person to the team solely to find players within parameters set by DL and Fabio agreed to this. 

What we don't know is the agreement between the 2. I suspect DL is happy to leave Fabio in full control in approaching and getting players interested in joining us. At the same time, I hope Nuno has a say in whether he wants them or not. Where I think DL will keep control is the wording of the contract and what he will allow or not. For example, I read DL is unlikely to allow buy out  clauses which will stop some players coming who insist on it. I also think DL will decide on the transfer fees and wages. 

We don't know yet just what the DoF's involvement is. If I was the coach, I would want the final say of who comes in and who to get rid of. As coach, that is where I see the DoF coming in, to find that player and to persuade them to come. As DL, I would want to retain control of deciding what to allow or not with the players demands that goes into a contract and the transfer fee and wages. 

I don't know anything about how transfers are conducted, but it seems very complicated with 5 parties involved - the player and his agent, the Dof, the coach and DL. We will only get an inkling whether the Fabio/coach/DL situation is a viable and successful team, from who comes in/goes out in the winter window. We only have the mid term window to go on at the moment. So far, nothing much has leapt out to me that that was a blinding success - we are still watching and making our minds up. Fabio bought (?) and Nuno decided how and when to play them. 

Personally, while attaching a lot of importance to transfers, I put more importance for achieving success on the coach and him getting his team selection, tactics and substitutions right. The coach is reliant on how well the players play and in having no injuries. 

The way I see it at the club at the moment is there is no evidence yet that things have been sorted and we can be confident of success. I take each day as it comes with the hope that over this season we will have made significant progress towards becoming a top 4 club again. Realistically that is all I can hope for. 

COYS 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Answer a question for once in your life go on surprise us ive asked u a number of times do you think levy will get us back to regular CL levels unless he massively changes his ways 

 

If he doesn't, you will be right. If he does you will say he changed his ways - and be right again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Borodin said:

That's what worries me too. I thought he'd finally recognised his shortcomings as a transfer negotiator when he appointed Paratici as DOF. If the stories are true about him still interfering with choices made then sadly he hasn't.

I've no problem with him being in charge of the finances and giving Fabio and Nuno a budget to work within. The secret then is to step back and trust them in how that money is spent. Otherwise they are just puppets.

I get your point and almost agree, but he cannot just sit back and leave them to it. He still has responsibilities to his shareholders and it would not be a good look if we got relegated and he had to say "Well, I gave Fabio and Nuno millions and millions and they blew it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your last sentence strongly suggests he puts shareholders before the success of the club. Dividends before trophies. 

THFC's motto is Audere Est Facere and the SAS is 'who dares wins'. Mr Levy's motto seems to fall well short of that. 

Just a thought. 

COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

If he doesn't, you will be right. If he does you will say he changed his ways - and be right again. 

Haha i like that i didnt even think of that. Thanks .

Crom id love to be totally wrong and Spurs smash it this season. Nothing would give me greater pleasure football wise. Id give Levy credit too and id buy you a whiskey or whatever your favorite tipple is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I get your point and almost agree, but he cannot just sit back and leave them to it. He still has responsibilities to his shareholders and it would not be a good look if we got relegated and he had to say "Well, I gave Fabio and Nuno millions and millions and they blew it"

Good points .

imo Levy needs to make a decision and stick with it.  Hes changed things too much and other than Poch perhaps hasnt found a 'winning' formula. Poch didnt win anything except a hell of a lot of mainly enjoyable matches .

Since and before then then he hires and fires. Surely if he fires that often then hes making poor or unwise decisions in the first place . Yet he stays 

Get a strategy and believe in it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Good points .

imo Levy needs to make a decision and stick with it.  Hes changed things too much and other than Poch perhaps hasnt found a 'winning' formula. Poch didnt win anything except a hell of a lot of mainly enjoyable matches .

Since and before then then he hires and fires. Surely if he fires that often then hes making poor or unwise decisions in the first place . Yet he stays 

Get a strategy and believe in it 

Our sad managerial search this year told the story. Even if someone wanted to work for Levy, no one wanted to come to a place where the team is in decline and needs to rebuild, but results will be expected of them immediately from the existing roster.

For Nuno, this summer's outcome with Kane couldn't have gone worse. It became a distraction, Levy refused to sell, and now Nuno has a player who's out of form and may not be fully committed. Nuno could have used the transfer funds or the great play Kane is known for but now he's got neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×