Spurs Web
Borodin

PL SPURS Vs Chelsea Sunday Sep19th 16.30 KO

Following the Palace defeat and the fact that as I type this Chelsea are beating Aston Villa 1-0 it's difficult to see beyond a draw (maximum) in this fixture. Hopefully we will have had a good result in the ECL against Rennes mid week but squad changes need to be made. I sincerely hope Nuno decides to give Gil an opportunity to show what he can do straight from the kick off.

I'm afraid that head over heart tells me the best we can hope for is a draw but the cold winds of reality are whispering we lose 0-2.

Today's poor showing today will have to be got out of their minds.

I personally can't allow them to use as an excuse having 6 players not being available. That implies many things. Firstly, that all 6 would have started. Secondly, it suggests this squad is lacking in depth. Thirdly, it ignores just how inept and unacceptable the performance was today.

The fact that we have 9 points in the bag gives no indication to how good we are, or to provide reasons to be blindly be positive. The very poor effort today is no reason to be all doom and gloom. 

For me, on the basis of our first 4 EPL games, I have seen encouraging signs where we can hold out some hope that this season can be better than last . However, I have also seen that much of the last seasons inadequacies remain,and that raises concerns. All that said, neither the encouraging aspects or the concerns offer any help in forecasting the result of this game. 

Simply based on the 2 squads, Chelsea on paper would seem to have the edge. The fact we are the home club gives us an advantage. Unlike today's game where we were well and truly second best, I see no reason for us to be thrashed again, but it will be difficult to carve out a win. 

I will be  content if we can avoid defeat and really chuffed if we get 3 points 

Catch 

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

This article suggesting both Bergwijn and Son could be available for this match :thumb: Hope so.

https://tbrfootball.com/absolutely-massive-tottenham-fans-buzzing-with-brilliant-news-coming-out-before-chelsea-clash/

Me too. 

As neither has adequate cover on the bench, being able to play them means it affects and reduces the choices Chelsea have in choosing their team. 

That said, the bookies probably will still be making Chelsea favourite but with lower odds. 

COYS 

8 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

Me too. 

As neither has adequate cover on the bench, being able to play them means it affects and reduces the choices Chelsea have in choosing their team. 

That said, the bookies probably will still be making Chelsea favourite but with lower odds. 

COYS 

Bet 365 currently quoting Spurs at 7/2, Chelsea at 3/4 with the draw at 13/5. Looking at that I reckon I'll have a few bob on the draw :thumb:

5 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Bet 365 currently quoting Spurs at 7/2, Chelsea at 3/4 with the draw at 13/5. Looking at that I reckon I'll have a few bob on the draw :thumb:

Good luck.

I shall do my usual and keep my pocket money in my piggy bank. 

COYS 

Rumour has it that both Son and Dier will be available for the game.

If true, this is good news for 2 reasons. Firstly it greatly improves the chances of not losing. Secondly, it gives us a better insight into how we feel Nuno and the players are shaping up this season. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

Rumour has it that both Son and Dier will be available for the game.

If true, this is good news for 2 reasons. Firstly it greatly improves the chances of not losing. Secondly, it gives us a better insight into how we feel Nuno and the players are shaping up this season. 

COYS 

The really sobering thought here is that you're hoping Dier the Dire is available - that is a really depressing thought - and shows just how far we've fallen! Please do not tell me that we're hoping Winks is ready as well - if that's the case I'm going to jump off the nearest cliff! :dd:

52 minutes ago, grahambailey said:

The really sobering thought here is that you're hoping Dier the Dire is available - that is a really depressing thought - and shows just how far we've fallen! Please do not tell me that we're hoping Winks is ready as well - if that's the case I'm going to jump off the nearest cliff! :dd:

It is indeed a sobering thought, but to be fair, his performances have improved this season. Possibly there is an argument with the current squad he may be our best hope to stop Lukaku from scoring. Hence m welcoming him back. 

COYS 

Dier has been very good this season.  Not outstanding but what has impressed me is the ability to remove the critical mistakes and even more so he is no longer pointing fingers at others, in fact I have seen a very upbeat and positive Dier…almost to where I feel comfortable calling him a leader. 

Let’s hope the latest injury doesn’t set him back too much 

11 minutes ago, Alonso said:

Dier has been very good this season.  Not outstanding but what has impressed me is the ability to remove the critical mistakes and even more so he is no longer pointing fingers at others, in fact I have seen a very upbeat and positive Dier…almost to where I feel comfortable calling him a leader. 

Let’s hope the latest injury doesn’t set him back too much 

Your right mate ,,,but cos he has the responsibility of being the senior centre ,,I think has helped him loads ,,,,no toby,,,no verts ,,,it’s all on him ,,,and he looks fitter