Spurs Web
Borodin

Nuno Espirito Santo Thread (NES Related Content Only Please)

Figured we should have a particular thread for members to post all things relative to our new manager in from now on. That way we just have one place to visit to find anything relative to the Premier League's Manager Of The Month For August 2021:thumb::cc:

So whatever your views on the guy and where you think he's going right/wrong with the squad, post it in here please.

Nuno seemed to have tightened our defence and that may still be the case (he was a bit hamstrung with his selections for the Palace game).

However, I thought the initial selection and subsequent lack of changes when we went 1-0 down were both rather worrying.

30 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

Nuno seemed to have tightened our defence and that may still be the case (he was a bit hamstrung with his selections for the Palace game).

However, I thought the initial selection and subsequent lack of changes when we went 1-0 down were both rather worrying.

I do hope Poch didn't leave his 'substitutes' alarm clock behind in the manager's office. The one that only goes off after at least 70 minutes.

This reluctance to bring someone off the bench to change the game before it's too late is very disconcerting.

I see Everton were drawing 0 - 0 at half time. They changed the formation at half time and finished up 3 - 1 winners. 

Here's hoping Nuno was watching the game and learned from it. At times it does seem he is reluctant to make changes at half time or waits too long into the 2nd half before using his subs. 

COYS 

4 games in and you have to wonder what exactly has changed - same boring football - 3 defensive players occupying midfield - no football or chances of it being played - same old players being given chance after chance - why have kids on the bench and not use them?.
Ryan Sessegnon trying to get a loan move to Fenerbache only 4 games into the season?
Something is very wrong at our club - whether it's Levy still pulling the strings - or - as I suspect Nuno was brought in as a last gasp stop-gap.
When you hear stories about not giving Conte the chance to bring in 4 of his own staff - you wonder - not getting Conte in was entirely down to Levy - but after yet another pre-season of being linked with anything on legs - we are back to last day scrambling.
Paratici is not a miracle worker - but I believe he must already be realising what he's let himself in for at Tottenham - he got rid of most if not all of the deadwood - but what now?
We seem to have players being stifled of flair and enterprise all over again - I pray that I'm proved wrong - but my gut tells me all is not well at Spurs - and there is definitely no Plan B!.

4 hours ago, grahambailey said:

4 games in and you have to wonder what exactly has changed - same boring football - 3 defensive players occupying midfield - no football or chances of it being played - same old players being given chance after chance - why have kids on the bench and not use them?.
Ryan Sessegnon trying to get a loan move to Fenerbache only 4 games into the season?
Something is very wrong at our club - whether it's Levy still pulling the strings - or - as I suspect Nuno was brought in as a last gasp stop-gap.
When you hear stories about not giving Conte the chance to bring in 4 of his own staff - you wonder - not getting Conte in was entirely down to Levy - but after yet another pre-season of being linked with anything on legs - we are back to last day scrambling.
Paratici is not a miracle worker - but I believe he must already be realising what he's let himself in for at Tottenham - he got rid of most if not all of the deadwood - but what now?
We seem to have players being stifled of flair and enterprise all over again - I pray that I'm proved wrong - but my gut tells me all is not well at Spurs - and there is definitely no Plan B!.

If it was the odd thing raising our suspicions, them we would probably accept it as teething troubles. 

Too many worrying aspects are raising their heads raising too many questions. For me too many of these questions relate to Nuno. Like you, I have started to get concerns. We are not favourites against Chelsea so, in that respect, if we lose it will be judged on team selection, what format he chooses to start with, who, how and when he uses substitutes. 

Like you, I hope these early fears of mine are unfounded. I think we will learn more after this game. 

COYS