Spurs Web
Borodin

The Harry Kane Thread

Okay let's have one place to post our views on Harry from today onwards :thumb:

Personally I think it's time he left and that would be to the benefit of everyone concerned. In January I'd like to see him go and his current performances would command a fee of about £120m max I think.

Agreed, the club needs to rebuild. His heart isn’t at spurs any more and I don’t blame him. 

get what we can (which is what we should have done Pre season provided city weren’t taking the piss). I’d say £120-125m is fair price. 

I’ve not seen recent performances but have been informed. We will be lucky to be top half with or without Kane tbh. 

As England captain, he gets subbed with 15 minutes to go when England were chasing for the winning goal! As a rule, the only time he would expect to be subbed is when the team is comfortably ahead. 

Sad, but his season is showing no signs of him getting back  to his best. 

COYS 

Perhaps one of you guys who played football regularly played football can provide an answer for me. 

Why is Harry Kane getting so few touches of the ball for which he is coming under a lot of criticism for?

Short of running around chasing the ball like a demented idiot, how is he to get  the ball at his feet?

To me, he seems to be taking up positions in space but the ball is not give to him. I don't recall many over the top or through balls being used for him personally to chase. He no longer seems to be in and around the box and being given the ball. There seem to be others in those positions getting the ball rather than Harry. Often, on the few occasions he gets the ball it is on one of the wings or on the centre line. 

Is it Harry's fault that he in never involved in the play, or is it the manager's tactics or players not passing to him that keeps him out of the game! Could the fa the is not being given the ball be making him unhappy and affecting his game? 

For me, it is too simplistic to say he is sulking and not trying. I have too much respect for the guy to think he would stoop to this. Do any of you knowledgeable guys have any ideas which may indicate that not all of the  blame lies on Harry's shoulders? I like the guy and have too much admiration for him and would love to see some mitigation for him. 

COYS 

12 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Perhaps one of you guys who played football regularly played football can provide an answer for me. 

Why is Harry Kane getting so few touches of the ball for which he is coming under a lot of criticism for?

Short of running around chasing the ball like a demented idiot, how is he to get  the ball at his feet?

To me, he seems to be taking up positions in space but the ball is not give to him. I don't recall many over the top or through balls being used for him personally to chase. He no longer seems to be in and around the box and being given the ball. There seem to be others in those positions getting the ball rather than Harry. Often, on the few occasions he gets the ball it is on one of the wings or on the centre line. 

Is it Harry's fault that he in never involved in the play, or is it the manager's tactics or players not passing to him that keeps him out of the game! Could the fa the is not being given the ball be making him unhappy and affecting his game? 

For me, it is too simplistic to say he is sulking and not trying. I have too much respect for the guy to think he would stoop to this. Do any of you knowledgeable guys have any ideas which may indicate that not all of the  blame lies on Harry's shoulders? I like the guy and have too much admiration for him and would love to see some mitigation for him. 

COYS 

I think Kane's problem is that, as well as being our best striker, he is also our best attacking midfielder. You see Moura and Son running past Kane a lot more than they used to.

I think you have to question the tactics , team selection and motivation - if you can answer all 3 you may come close to a reason - the whole place seems to be under a cloud - for this topic to still be a current subject of conjecture after this far into the season just proves what an absolute balls up Levy made of recruiting our new manager.
I can still remember spitting with rage at the absolute joke we had become the World media.
There can be no doubt in my mind that it resulted in a manager being appointed who no-one really wants to see in the job - Harry Kane should have been sold for £125 Million to the !st club that enquired - forget the past - no ambitious club looks at the past - so why should we?.
I seem to be reading more about his kneeling antics and politics than I do about his football - identity politics and football seem to be going together even more now - and under Kneel-a-lot Southgate that is going to be the reason I will never watch England and why I wait until 5 minutes in before watching Spurs - footballers all but have their arses wiped for them these days - hence why despite being thick as a plank - they want to lecture us!. I believe a return to basics should be happening - but in reality - if Rashford etc get a knighthood for stating the obvious in 3 words or less - what do I know? :dd:

Harry passed Alan Shearers record for the most away goals scored in the Premier League with his goal against Newcastle last Sunday. Only Wayne Rooney has scored more but when you look at the number of matches he had to play in order to top the table then Kane's stats are very, very impressive indeed.

Here's the List

Name                         Goals             Games Played

Wayne Rooney            94                      243

Harry Kane                  88                      128

Alan Shearer               87                      219

Frank Lampard           85                      305

Andrew Cole               83                      206

17 hours ago, Borodin said:

Harry passed Alan Shearers record for the most away goals scored in the Premier League with his goal against Newcastle last Sunday. Only Wayne Rooney has scored more but when you look at the number of matches he had to play in order to top the table then Kane's stats are very, very impressive indeed.

Here's the List

Name                         Goals             Games Played

Wayne Rooney            94                      243

Harry Kane                  88                      128

Alan Shearer               87                      219

Frank Lampard           85                      305

Andrew Cole               83                      206

Alright for the injury prone 1 season wonder ,,,,wink ,,wink ,,,lol