Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Newcastle Vs SPURS Sun Oct 17th 16:30 KO

2 hours ago, Jamesinashby said:

Whilst many of the players in this squad are half decent with a handful being very good, the depth is somewhat lacking for the EPL. 

We need some luck in avoiding injuries and players getting Covid to our important players as their cover bench players have not been stepping up to the mark. 

The other problem in too many games this season is, for some, is their attitude on the pitch, when they fail to show the energy and fight which is essential.

I think this game will reveal whether we have started to regain our mojo after the Villa game, as Newcastle are likely to be up for it. 

COYS 

Sadly Nuno will be unable to put out the same side that played Villa and he's desperately looking for consistency in the squad. There's nothing more beneficial to morale than having a winning combination regularly playing together. Injuries and especially International duties have greatly hampered his plans with regards to this and there will no doubt be a couple of players out there who would not have been selected but for such inconveniences. The next 'break' is on November 13th but then it's March 2022 before it begins again. That will allow us hopefully time to work out who needs to come and go in the January window.

Post Edit

Just read this article about Levy laying on a private jet to make four players available for the Newcastle game but no mention of the covid outbreak.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/10/blogs/premier-league/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur-spurs-fans-react-to-newcastle-team-news-update/

3 hours ago, Borodin said:

Sadly Nuno will be unable to put out the same side that played Villa and he's desperately looking for consistency in the squad. There's nothing more beneficial to morale than having a winning combination regularly playing together. Injuries and especially International duties have greatly hampered his plans with regards to this and there will no doubt be a couple of players out there who would not have been selected but for such inconveniences. The next 'break' is on November 13th but then it's March 2022 before it begins again. That will allow us hopefully time to work out who needs to come and go in the January window.

Post Edit

Just read this article about Levy laying on a private jet to make four players available for the Newcastle game but no mention of the covid outbreak.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/10/blogs/premier-league/tottenham-hotspur/tottenham-hotspur-spurs-fans-react-to-newcastle-team-news-update/

In the 40s and 50s, there was only a tiny fraction of what is available today. It was easy to live a frugal life in those days.

In this modern era, especially in European and North American countries, the standard of living has reached such a fantastic level for the ordinary working man, it has made people selfish and  constantly demanding to retain what they have and still asking for more. Right across the board in these countries, far too many ignore the rules and what is best for the majority.

Unfortunately, we can't stop it nor change it so we have to live with it.

COYS

I believe that the international break came just at the wrong time for us because 

In any sport surfing on the wave of momentum can never be underestimated. 

Losing  Romero,Celso and Royal unfortunately exposes what we all knew about the depth of our team and should never have been a problem if as a club we had bitten the bullet and sold Kane and then sensibly spent the money replenishing the team. 

I belive all said, on paper we still have a good enough team to beat, or at least put in a good challenge on 85% of the premiership teams.

It’s the desire to win, the belief that we are better than most I fear we lack. Interesting away games coming up, I believe we can, let’s hope these players do too.

COYS Yes we can. yes we can. 

What a boost son is back after that stupid false positive test how much money did they spend on those test for it not to be right?

Got much up better vibes about this game now I think it will be a 0 -3 Harry to come alive again scored two and sunny to top it off ....