Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Newcastle Vs SPURS Sun Oct 17th 16:30 KO

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg :

118 touches of the ball, 99 attempted passes with a 96% success rate and eight tackles which was just one less tackle than our entire back four. It was also his pass that opened up the Newcastle defence for Harry to score his first league goal

An absolute power house today and my choice for team Captain if/when Lloris decides to leave. Definitely a bargain at £15m

Here's the player ratings and Ndombele tops the list with 9/10 with Hojbjerg second on 8.5/10

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/opinion-player-ratings-from-tottenhams-3-2-win-over-newcastle/

Dier's Own Goal Explained

5qsvsu.jpg

Notice how the ball is going over Romero's head and that Dier is in a standing position

Now look at this picture which was taken before the ball made contact with Dier :

5qsw1g.jpg

This picture is as the ball makes contact :

5qswx0.jpg

The picture above shows he was clearly crouching down in an effort to send a cushioned header back to Lloris. It went horribly wrong and he mistimed it completely, resulting in the ball hitting his knee and then the back of the net.

Maybe next time he'll consider just booting it into row Z instead. :cc:

5 hours ago, Craig Truespur said:

Donkey Dier only he could try and head on a square block and score an own goal with his legs. Why the hell has Rodon and not had his chance. Only we could make hard work of 10 men should have brought someone on to change the game in the last 20 minutes

Dier is the teachers pet. You all forget he speaks portuguese. I in contrary love Steaks from Portugal.

Man,  I'm hungry. The spinach pizza in the fridge won't do it. Damn!

I reckon Bruce got his tactics all wrong. If he bothered to look at some of the Spurs games when we struggled to score, it was we were quickly pressed and closed down as soon as a player received the the ball. 

Newcastle gave us yards of room and plenty of time to think. After their opening flurry and early goal, they changed to a more defensive style. We managed to take advantage but probably missed a chance to improve our GD. 

Yes, we won comfortably, but it was as much how Newcastle gave us the room to play rather than we forced them into it imo. I will happily take the the win and not look for negatives, but I refrain from leaping to conclusions that it indicated we showed we can play like we did when we take on West Ham next Sunday. 

COYS 

My mate sent me a Whatsapp message today. It was a picture of the new Newcastle Chairman's daughter turning to her Father at half time and saying

"This is shit Dad, can we go to the stoning instead ?" :dd:

Okay following on from the @Audere Est Facere message to me this Match Thread will remain open until 19.00 tomorrow and all future ones will be locked 48hrs after the final whistle of the game. :thumb:

Thought it was very encouraging match ,,,it’s the happiest Kane has looked ,,,lots off pluses,,,,best thing that happened for us was them scoring early ,,,the pressure was off the game plan changed,,,and we attacked,,,and Harry stayed upfront a lot more letting Ndombele bringing the ball from midfield,,,,as spurfect said he is a number 8 not a number 10 

bigger test this Sunday for sure, tho to be fair to the Toon there were signs of some decency there for them.

Spurs played OK , did enough and no more, probably too excited about Thursdays mega clash to give it 100% V Geordies and who can blame them 

Reguilon apparently being given freedom of the Great North East City , nice touch, the lasses will love him