Spurs Web
Borodin

PL Newcastle Vs SPURS Sun Oct 17th 16:30 KO

Let's just hope everyone returns fit and well from the International break. We need to capitalise on the Villa win and come away with another 3pts in the bag. Looking at the table there is absolutely no reason why that shouldn't be the case. I'll go for a 0-3 Win:thumb:

I think this has to be called a must win game. 

The next 3 EPL games after this one are West Ham - A. Man Utd - H. Everton - A.

Too early to guess really after a 2 week break, but after today's performance I think we can have confidence we can win. 

COYS 

Sorry but it’s to far away ,,,all the international breaks ,,,then smash in a load of matches in a short space of time ,,,hideous,,,worse next year when the World Cup will be on ,,,doh 

e

2 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

Sorry but it’s to far away ,,,all the international breaks ,,,then smash in a load of matches in a short space of time ,,,hideous,,,worse next year when the World Cup will be on ,,,doh 

e

Yes it's a while off but nevertheless it's our next match and a good excuse to have a natter during the boring break. :thumb:

17 hours ago, Mr8ball said:

We no there ,,that we will lose Romero and le Celso,,,and Royal,,,so another make shift team 

Tottenham Hotspur face being without four South American players for their Premier League clash with Newcastle United on October 17, according to a report. Cristian Romero and Giovani Lo Celso were both given the green light to feature in Argentina's World Cup 2022 qualifiers this month, while Davinson Sanchez and Emerson Royal are representing Colombia and Brazil respectively.Nuno Espirito Santo's side are understood to have made a request to all three federations to grant the quartet early release from international duty in order to have them available for the trip to St James' Park following the October break.However, the Evening Standard reports that Tottenham's requests fell on deaf ears, with all four players set to remain with their national teams until the conclusion of next Thursday and Friday's matches.The report adds that Spurs are still hopeful of figuring out a way of flying all four players back to the UK in time for Sunday afternoon's kickoff, but the quartet are extremely unlikely to feature given the quick turnaround. Santo is also without Ryan Sessegnon and Steven Bergwijn due to injury ahead of the trip to St James' Park next weekend.

This is bordering on farcical now, especially if we were playing one of the top six clubs. That's not to say Newcastle won't give us a game but hopefully with all the recent takeover talk the club will be in transition, maybe even without a manager. Something needs to be done and fast. The Premier league is being governed by the managers of International sides and Lionel Scaloni (Argentina) is being particularly uncooperative.

4 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

I can live without LoCelso and Sanchez for a game, but we should already be building our back 4 into a solid unit with Romero and Royal as starters

Agreed dude 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, Jay said:

Yeah going for a spurs win here,hopefully..

Plus the Portuguese idiot will probably have to play Rodon!
Why is it that he can look assured and composed as an International - but the muppet Nuno won't play him alongside Romero?
They are the club's best centre back pairing!

20 hours ago, grahambailey said:

https://tbrfootball.com/7-clearances-4-interceptions-3-aerial-duels-won-rarely-seen-spurs-ace-is-a-rock-for-his-country/
Yet another commentator/journalist wondering why Rodon is not a 1st team regular
Perhaps he has to win the World Cup with Wales first!

Guess, Wales won’t win it. That will never ever happen. Maybe in a parallel universe somewhere next to the milky way!?

What ever, I would also love to see Rodon as a 1st team reguilon!

On 10/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, Borodin said:

Tottenham Hotspur face being without four South American players for their Premier League clash with Newcastle United on October 17, according to a report. Cristian Romero and Giovani Lo Celso were both given the green light to feature in Argentina's World Cup 2022 qualifiers this month, while Davinson Sanchez and Emerson Royal are representing Colombia and Brazil respectively.Nuno Espirito Santo's side are understood to have made a request to all three federations to grant the quartet early release from international duty in order to have them available for the trip to St James' Park following the October break.However, the Evening Standard reports that Tottenham's requests fell on deaf ears, with all four players set to remain with their national teams until the conclusion of next Thursday and Friday's matches.The report adds that Spurs are still hopeful of figuring out a way of flying all four players back to the UK in time for Sunday afternoon's kickoff, but the quartet are extremely unlikely to feature given the quick turnaround. Santo is also without Ryan Sessegnon and Steven Bergwijn due to injury ahead of the trip to St James' Park next weekend.

This is bordering on farcical now, especially if we were playing one of the top six clubs. That's not to say Newcastle won't give us a game but hopefully with all the recent takeover talk the club will be in transition, maybe even without a manager. Something needs to be done and fast. The Premier league is being governed by the managers of International sides and Lionel Scaloni (Argentina) is being particularly uncooperative.

Will Messi be quarantined? Will Neymar be quarantined? The gas station attendant? 

After the brexit everything goes wrong for England. Lord have mercy! :D

tbh, if someone try to treat me doing something I don’t want to do and is not showing any cooperation, my answer would be, „sick leave, motherfucker! My players are ill or injured!“

On 10/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, Spurfect said:

Will Messi be quarantined? Will Neymar be quarantined? The gas station attendant? 

After the brexit everything goes wrong for England. Lord have mercy! :D

tbh, if someone try to treat me doing something I don’t want to do and is not showing any cooperation, my answer would be, „sick leave, motherfucker! My players are ill or injured!“

Ferguson was a master at that, just ask the Wales managers whenever the selectors picked Ryan Giggs, but somehow he always seemed to stage a dramatic recovery for Man Utd's league match the next weekend. Farcical.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, Borodin said:

Ferguson was a master at that, just ask the Wales managers whenever the selectors picked Ryan Giggs, but somehow he always seemed to stage a dramatic recovery for Man Utd's league match the next weekend. Farcical.

Giggs was not a good role model at all. I think he must have been scared of Fergie.

One of the most disrespectful things did was to 'retire' from international football and then change his mind so he could play in the Olympics. That told you everything you needed to know about his dedication to his nation.

Compare it to Bale, who is always desperate to play for his national side.

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

It's a wrong moment to play Newcastle, they will be very excited about the new ownership, future of the club looks very good. 

That may be true.

But the other side of the coin is they have exactly the same squad. Converting any excitement into actually significantly improving their game is far from a certainty which is my hope.

We have had a great result in the European Mickey Mouse Cup and an impressive win over Villa. A win for us is also not a certainty this season, but I still put us as favourites, albeit maybe after being a nerve jangling watch for us battle weary Spurs fans.

COYS

4 hours ago, Mihai said:

It's a wrong moment to play Newcastle, they will be very excited about the new ownership, future of the club looks very good. 

I would have agreed with that statement had they announced a new manager but I believe that the new owners are a little hamstrung by this match being Bruce's 1000th as a manager. I'm sure that out of respect for him he will be allowed to reach that milestone and then politely shown the door.

This gives us two huge advantages because the club's future administration is a mystery and that will cause worry and confusion amongst the squad. It also means that the players will not be out on that pitch trying to impress the new boss in the hope of keeping their jobs. They'll still be seeing Steve Bruce in the dug out and I would imagine we shall see the same Newcastle that has been under performing all season.

Players don't get excited about new owners with plenty of money coming in, they get extremely  scared that it means they will be replaced by ones of higher quality. Had someone like Conte have been announced this week then I'm sure the team would have been galvanised into action in an effort to stay at the club for this match. As it is I think it's very much a case of "as you were" until the new management regime has been announced and installed.

Bruce Stays In Charge :

Steve Bruce will stay in charge of Newcastle for their Premier League game against Tottenham on Sunday following the club's £305m takeover.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58928166

As I said above, I regard that as most favourable for Spurs. If I was a Newcastle player and wanted the manager out I certainly wouldn't be trying too hard tomorrow and until a replacement is announced there's nobody who will be deciding on players/strategy to impress.

I'll take us to win this 0-3 :thumb::thumb:

Steve Bergwijn is back training and has been declared fit for this match. The guy seemed to be finding his form just before an ankle injury meant he missed the last four games. At least it's some positive news for the manager following the Covid outbreak :

Spurs fans have welcomed Steven Bergwijn’s return to fitness and availability for Sunday’s trip to Newcastle.

https://tbrfootball.com/i-cant-wait-come-on-some-spurs-fans-buzzing-over-friday-news/

Whilst many of the players in this squad are half decent with a handful being very good, the depth is somewhat lacking for the EPL. 

We need some luck in avoiding injuries and players getting Covid to our important players as their cover bench players have not been stepping up to the mark. 

The other problem in too many games this season is, for some, is their attitude on the pitch, when they fail to show the energy and fight which is essential.

I think this game will reveal whether we have started to regain our mojo after the Villa game, as Newcastle are likely to be up for it. 

COYS