Spurs Web
Borodin

The Bryan Gil Thread

1 hour ago, Borodin said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/10/04/tottenham-hotspur-fans-bryan-gil-spain/

Only played 51 minutes in four appearances for the Premier League but Spain don't hesitate to put him in the National squad. Does seem a bit strange that Nuno seems still unconvinced about his qualities.

I think it’s working on his defensive duties ,,,he has all the ability,,,I think Nuno should take a punt on playing him as the number 10 ,,,a lot more lively in possession and he does work to get the ball back ,,,more than Dele and Ndombele 

13 hours ago, Cromulentmart said:

It must be that Spain have a more defined role for him that Spurs do at present. I think he has the ability to do well. 

It seemed to stem from his first full game. 

He had a pretty good 1st half, but then was  switched to the right for the 2nd, where he hardly was involved. 

In the after match interview when asked to comment on him, Nuno, for some unknown reason, said there was work to do on him. He had possibly made an immediate decision on him, and put him in the box, 'for next season'. 

I like Gil and think he is just the sort of player who could shine for us. I will leave it to those ho know more about football whether he should start more in the EPL games. 

COYS 

Another in the long line of players that are good enough for their country - but not for their club!
Every Continental Club side blood the youngsters into the first team without fear because it is nowhere near as physical as the Premiere League - everyone says ours is the best - but could it be even better with a more technical outlook rather than physical?.

It’s also down to Nuno to be brave and play him as a number 10 ,,,he wants to play on the left side  but we do have sonny which most probably walks into any other team in the world ,,,,so Nuno has tried dele,,,and Ndombele there ,,,option is try Gil there ,,we were all calling for him to start against Arsenal,,

6 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

It’s also down to Nuno to be brave and play him as a number 10 ,,,he wants to play on the left side  but we do have sonny which most probably walks into any other team in the world ,,,,so Nuno has tried dele,,,and Ndombele there ,,,option is try Gil there ,,we were all calling for him to start against Arsenal,,

This lad will run at defenders and the fans have taken to him already. One thing is for certain which I have previously mentioned, his aggressive style will result in many a free kick for us in dangerous areas and I'd have him in the team against Newcastle without hesitation.

7 minutes ago, Borodin said:

This lad will run at defenders and the fans have taken to him already. One thing is for certain which I have previously mentioned, his aggressive style will result in many a free kick for us in dangerous areas and I'd have him in the team against Newcastle without hesitation.

Agreed fella ,,,throw him in give him the 10 role he would cause panic and free up space for Kane to play as a striker and not drop off 

With not getting game time at Spurs, it is not surprising not being given a start for his country. 

This guy was possibly the best buy we made if he was given the opportunity to to realise his potential. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he was starting to get pissed off. I hope I am wrong, but he is young and could easily react badly to the way Nuno appears to be ignoring his development. I would hate to see him go the way of the likes of Dele and Winks as an example. 

COYS 

1 hour ago, Jamesinashby said:

With not getting game time at Spurs, it is not surprising not being given a start for his country. 

This guy was possibly the best buy we made if he was given the opportunity to to realise his potential. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he was starting to get pissed off. I hope I am wrong, but he is young and could easily react badly to the way Nuno appears to be ignoring his development. I would hate to see him go the way of the likes of Dele and Winks as an example. 

COYS 

Watched him last night against Italy and he has such a hunger for the ball. Always looking for a space and then demanding a pass. Such a refreshing change from the "Don't give the thing to me, I don't want it" attitude of some of our other players. I just hope he gets a full 90 minutes against Newcastle and a true chance to show what he is capable of.

People say he's too young and inexperienced and yet this 20 year old may well return to Tottenham next week with an International Trophy to his name, something not many can lay claim to, especially at Spurs.

Gil came on with 18 minutes remaining and got involved right away, bringing down a long ball with a neat pass to a teammate. He also came close to scoring a few minutes later when the ball fell to him, but the opposition defence blocked his effort.He was constantly looking to make clever runs, mostly operating in the half-spaces around the box, but generally being involved across the entire forward line. He weighed in with two shots and two crosses, took 23 touches of the ball, and made 15 passes with an 86.7 percent accuracy. Overall Bryan looks extremely comfortable in a Spain side brimming with exciting attacking talent.

5 hours ago, Borodin said:

Watched him last night against Italy and he has such a hunger for the ball. Always looking for a space and then demanding a pass. Such a refreshing change from the "Don't give the thing to me, I don't want it" attitude of some of our other players. I just hope he gets a full 90 minutes against Newcastle and a true chance to show what he is capable of.

People say he's too young and inexperienced and yet this 20 year old may well return to Tottenham next week with an International Trophy to his name, something not many can lay claim to, especially at Spurs.

Gil came on with 18 minutes remaining and got involved right away, bringing down a long ball with a neat pass to a teammate. He also came close to scoring a few minutes later when the ball fell to him, but the opposition defence blocked his effort.He was constantly looking to make clever runs, mostly operating in the half-spaces around the box, but generally being involved across the entire forward line. He weighed in with two shots and two crosses, took 23 touches of the ball, and made 15 passes with an 86.7 percent accuracy. Overall Bryan looks extremely comfortable in a Spain side brimming with exciting attacking talent.

Mate he was magic when he got on ,,,showed for the ball all the time ,,,he wants to make something happen all the time ,,,,he should be our 10 ,,,he is a wasp buzzing around always moving