Spurs Web
Borodin

ECL Vitesse Vs SPURS Thursday 21st Oct 17.45pm

Not to be underestimated when they are at home but should not pose a problem provided we approach the game fully committed to putting them under pressure right from the first whistle. If we sit back and allow them to settle into a routine then we are asking for trouble. I'll take us to win 0-2 :thumb:

4 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Wrong date. Id rather not progress but for some reason many of our first x1 willbe worn out further in this game 

Cheers for the correction.

Pre-match this season is a guessing game so I will just hope that we play well and get a result. 

I can't remember who, but someone on here put it would be great if THFC were the first team to win this Cup, and I have now come around to agreeing. If we are to win a cup, let it be this one. None of the teams are the best in Europe so, presumably, not necessarily better than us. That tells me we are in with a chance. In the 2 domestic Cups, we could get one of the top 4 or Leicester or West Ham away. If that happens, theoretically, they may just prove to be the tougher. 

COYS 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:14 PM, Audere Est Facere said:

you close the match threads too soon, this is a forum to chat about matches we just watched, not a conveyor belt . I dont have anything to say about Sunday but its only Monday, less than 24 hours after it finished and the threads closed ???

This is a forum about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club not just a particular match. There was a tendency for the match threads to deteriorate after a while into other matters not directly related to a specified match. This made it difficult for members to follow a specific line of discussion. I advised back on Sept 27th in the Announcements thread under the title of Site Clean Up that I would close the latest match thread about 24hrs after the final whistle along with some other 'tidying up' details regarding posts that had received no replies after one month being deleted.

I received no responses objecting to these proposals. I will acknowledge your point about them closing too early in your opinion. What I will do in the future is shut down the last Match thread 48hrs after the final whistle. That should give everyone a chance to voice an opinion on the game and if not there is always the option of them opening a new thread in The Match section in order to state their viewpoint on a certain matter relative to the fixture. I do not intend to let these threads remain open indefinitely or be an opportunity for irrelevant remarks and off topic posts to be made.

We are averaging two matches a week so the "conveyor belt" of games will naturally continue to run for the present time. It will be quite interesting to see how many posts are made within the final 24 hrs of the 48hr post match time slot.

I will therefore re-open the Newcastle thread for another 24 hours, closing it at 19.00 tomorrow. :thumb:

On 10/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, Borodin said:

Not to be underestimated when they are at home but should not pose a problem provided we approach the game fully committed to putting them under pressure right from the first whistle. If we sit back and allow them to settle into a routine then we are asking for trouble. I'll take us to win 0-2 :thumb:

For me this is a good game for us at the moment,,,one if we win it will build confidence through the squad ,,,two ,,,it’s another opportunity to play and give our squad or bench players game time and hopefully show there worth to Nuno 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, Borodin said:

This is a forum about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club not just a particular match. There was a tendency for the match threads to deteriorate after a while into other matters not directly related to a specified match. This made it difficult for members to follow a specific line of discussion. I advised back on Sept 27th in the Announcements thread under the title of Site Clean Up that I would close the latest match thread about 24hrs after the final whistle along with some other 'tidying up' details regarding posts that had received no replies after one month being deleted.

I received no responses objecting to these proposals. I will acknowledge your point about them closing too early in your opinion. What I will do in the future is shut down the last Match thread 48hrs after the final whistle. That should give everyone a chance to voice an opinion on the game and if not there is always the option of them opening a new thread in The Match section in order to state their viewpoint on a certain matter relative to the fixture. I do not intend to let these threads remain open indefinitely or be an opportunity for irrelevant remarks and off topic posts to be made.

We are averaging two matches a week so the "conveyor belt" of games will naturally continue to run for the present time. It will be quite interesting to see how many posts are made within the final 24 hrs of the 48hr post match time slot.

I will therefore re-open the Newcastle thread for another 24 hours, closing it at 19.00 tomorrow. :thumb:

Cool the big B 

Fully expecting to see Rodon, Alli and Winks play a part in this match. I don't know how much longer Nuno plans on persisting with Dele and Harry but Joe certainly deserves the chance of showing what he is capable of and pushing for a first team league spot.

Judging by all the gossip it looks like a very 'experimental' side for this fixture and our main stars all resting up ready for the West Ham game. Whilst he denies it maybe Nuno is starting to believe a top four spot is possible and that he needs to temper his (and the supporter's) desire for a trophy by limiting the injury risk to our top players and nicking a CL spot for next season.

Tottenham boss Nuno Espirito Santo says he is not thinking about risk-taking by leaving key players out of the Europa Conference League trip to Vitesse.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58987624

This is one 'predicted' line up

lineup-image-13.jpg

Tottenham Team vs Vitesse:

FCO9Q4LXoAcwnO7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Exactly as the predicted one I posted yesterday :thumb:

I loved this comment from a supporter : "Come on Nuno more than half of the bench have homework due tonight"

We will all have our own opinions about how this match was approached and played. 

My own is deep disappointment. Of the three Cup competitions we are in, I want us to want to win and and at least start with a team and bench that gives us a decent chance of winning. 

If we make no effort to win a cup by appearing to be solely concentrating on a 4th or 5th place, and then fail at that, this season will have been a wasted season for me. 

The teams in this competition are not top clubs. We stood a chance to win this one. I hope we haven't lost the chance tonight. The way we played tonight, we never showed any attacking flair to give hope that our style of playing will lead to scoring goals. 

Nuno's gamble has blown up in his face. He better beat West Ham. 

A sad night for me as I don't think we gained anything from tonight. 

COYS 

2 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

We will all have our own opinions about how this match was approached and played. 

My own is deep disappointment. Of the three Cup competitions we are in, I want us to want to win and and at least start with a team and bench that gives us a decent chance of winning. 

If we make no effort to win a cup by appearing to be solely concentrating on a 4th or 5th place, and then fail at that, this season will have been a wasted season for me. 

The teams in this competition are not top clubs. We stood a chance to win this one. I hope we haven't lost the chance tonight. The way we played tonight, we never showed any attacking flair to give hope that our style of playing will lead to scoring goals. 

Nuno's gamble has blown up in his face. He better beat West Ham. 

A sad night for me as I don't think we gained anything from tonight. 

COYS 

When I saw the squad I was not really expecting much more - we had no goal scorers. It was an awful game between two awful sides.

The only plus was Bergwijn getting some minutes in.

Notwithstanding that performance, I still believe we will qualify. 

Mickeymouse competition with no reward for winning it. Getout of it sharpish. Glad we lost. Lose the return too then we be good as out. Happy days 

Thought Dane done good runs just wasnt found.

Its almost like they know theres a first XI select so whats the point

I'm off to bed now.

If this is going to be an example of what to accept From Nuno's tactics, I will seriously think about not bothering to watch Spurs  games as it is becoming embarrassing.  

COYS 

46 minutes ago, Jamesinashby said:

For me, I think Gil has shown enough to deserve getting 20 minutes plus game time as substitute in the EPL games. How else is he going to achieve his potential by sitting on the bench as a spectator? 

COYS 

I didn't see much from him to make me think he should replace Son or Lucas