Spurs Web
Borodin

OGS Finally Sacked So Who Will Be The Next Permanent Manager ?

The storm clouds are gathering at Old Trafford

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58942621

A really bad performance today from the whole team. Defensively fragile and lacking creativity in attack. The score really doesn't do Leicester's domination of this match justice and Ronaldo looked frustrated and disinterested.

Three really big games coming up now with Atalanta and Liverpool at home before the trip to Spurs on Oct 30th. Losing those three would surely sound the death knell for a manager who has been living on goodwill and past memories with the fans for some time now.

It could well be that Tottenham are the last opposition team to be faced by both Steve Bruce and Ole Gunnar Solskjær as managers this season.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Borodin said:

A really bad performance today from the whole team. Defensively fragile and lacking creativity in attack. The score really doesn't do Leicester's domination of this match justice and Ronaldo looked frustrated and disinterested.

Three really big games coming up now with Atalanta and Liverpool at home before the trip to Spurs on Oct 30th. Losing those three would surely sound the death knell for a manager who has been living on goodwill and past memories with the fans for some time now.

It could well be that Tottenham are the last opposition team to be faced by both Steve Bruce and Ole Gunnar Solskjær as managers this season.

Bringing in Sancho and Ronaldo and then the team collapsing like it has, I think it may have signed his death warrant. 

The only hope I can see for him is that currently, there are no suitable replacements in the wings to replace him. It seems odd these bad games have cropped up, and there may be time for the team to put things right. Perhaps just a glimmer of hope for him to cling on to? 

COYS 

On 10/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Borodin said:

It is a very difficult decision to take on sacking him too quickly with no top manager to replace him. Any care taker manager will be at least as big a risk as keeping him.

If we beat them, I suppose there is a real chance he could go and that really would make a good article in the sports sections of Spurs being the final straw of a manager being sacked.

COYS 

Thinking about it maybe the solution is staring the United Board in the face. There is an ex player who can see exactly what the current team problems are and actually predicted a massive defeat...Paul Scholes.

Sack Ole now and bring him in as caretaker manager, sorted :thumb:

26 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Thinking about it maybe the solution is staring the United Board in the face. There is an ex player who can see exactly what the current team problems are and actually predicted a massive defeat...Paul Scholes.

Sack Ole now and bring him in as caretaker manager, sorted :thumb:

I like the guy, but with the purchases made in the summer and Liverpool being considered the 'Derby' game, I think his only life line is to win several EPL games on the trot to remove the sword of Damoclese hanging over his head. It can't be ruled out, but does seem to be highly unlikely.

As you say. it is a real headache for the Board with no replacement in the wings. A caretaker manager rarely if ever works, and Scholes may have been a brilliant player for the club, he isn't guaranteed to be a successful manager. They tried with Ole and it came very close, but that is beginning to look as that will fail.

COYS

United fans fuming at the thought of Conte slipping through the net and joining Spurs. Many feel Ole has been allowed to overstay his welcome and a wonderful opportunity to replace him has been missed.

If Conte does come to Tottenham then I totally agree, they have well and truly have missed the boat.

21 minutes ago, Borodin said:

United fans fuming at the thought of Conte slipping through the net and joining Spurs. Many feel Ole has been allowed to overstay his welcome and a wonderful opportunity to replace him has been missed.

If Conte does come to Tottenham then I totally agree, they have well and truly missed the boat.

My Man Utd supporting friend is predicting City winning in their next game and that is when Ole will go.

COYS

On 11/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, Jamesinashby said:

My Man Utd supporting friend is predicting City winning in their next game and that is when Ole will go.

COYS

I tend to agree and say that if City beat Utd this weekend I cannot see Ole as their manager for the next fixture against Watford on 20th Nov. I would not be at all surprised to see either Fonseca or Emery appointed.

A Pep masterclass and subtlety done. No need for an 8-0 whitewash just a 2-0 victory achieved by total domination illustrated perfectly how far Utd are in their search to be title contenders.

Ole will struggle to survive this debacle.

16 hours ago, Borodin said:

A Pep masterclass and subtlety done. No need for an 8-0 whitewash just a 2-0 victory achieved by total domination illustrated perfectly how far Utd are in their search to be title contenders.

Ole will struggle to survive this debacle.

Should have been 8 ,,,I think they will keep him ,,,just cos I cannot think who they could appoint 

29 minutes ago, Mr8ball said:

Should have been 8 ,,,I think they will keep him ,,,just cos I cannot think who they could appoint 

I'd go for Fonseca mate. Two year contract and see how it goes. :thumb: Also RB Leipzig coach Ralf Rangnick is rumoured to be in the mix.

Rio Ferdinand finally comes down from the fence and says it's time for Ole to go

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/08/rio-ferdinand-suggests-its-time-for-manchester-united-to-sack-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-15566426/

Pressure has to be mounting on the guy during this International break and I reckon he'll be spending Christmas in Norway this year :thumb:

11 hours ago, Borodin said:

Today's result has to be the last time we see Ole as the manager. Awful performance and Maguire was dreadful.

Tbh he only has himself to blame ,,,going on holiday in the international break and not staying to train the other players ,,and also de gea saying the players don’t what there doing is really strange .

Just one more example of a manager trying to stop a slump by introducing more defensive set ups - it shows that lack of confidence that creeps in when you start conceding unnecessary goals. 

He's a nice guy and loved by Utd fans, so he will be made welcome back as an ex-player. He also gets a nice golden handshake package which will go a long way to soften his disappointment for falling short. 

COYS 

Mauricio Pochettino open to leaving Paris St-Germain if Man Utd make approach

I find this hard to believe simply because Poch has a chance of lifting the Champions League with PSG this season. That's a trophy any manager would want to have on his CV. Maybe he's not able to select the players he wants but there's many a football coach out there who would relish the thought of having the likes of Mbappe, Neymar and Messi given to them. I can see him waiting to see how things unfold this season and he knows that just a league title will simply not be enough for the PSG board.

More likely that if he really is the Utd number one target they either leave Carrick in charge for the remainder of the season or bring in an interim manager to fill the gap until Poch is ready to take over.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59372826

Sky Sports really pushing the story of Poch willing to come to Man Utd immediately if offered the right deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12475354/mauricio-pochettino-psg-head-coach-interested-in-taking-man-utd-job

Mauricio Pochettino: PSG head coach interested in taking Man Utd job

Presumably this would involve Zidane taking over at PSG mid season, something he was not prepared to do at Old Trafford. I can understand Poch being attracted at the thought of another 'project' and 'vision' challenge, especially knowing he will have all the financial backing he needs (unlike at Spurs). So maybe this will get over the line after all.

Interestingly enough an online survey was apparently conducted on a Tottenham forum site asking Spurs supporters which they would prefer, Conte going to Utd and Poch returning or let Poch go to Manchester and keeping Conte. So far a staggering 93.6% have voted to keep Antonio Conte and felt that Poch had gone as far as he could with the team , as far as they were concerned "that ship had sailed" and we needed to get behind the new boss 100%. Granted only 156 votes have been cast so far but it's pretty damning proof that Spurs fans have now accepted that the 'Poch Era' is over.

5v4gqn.jpg

34 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Sky Sports really pushing the story of Poch willing to come to Man Utd immediately if offered the right deal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12475354/mauricio-pochettino-psg-head-coach-interested-in-taking-man-utd-job

Mauricio Pochettino: PSG head coach interested in taking Man Utd job

Presumably this would involve Zidane taking over at PSG mid season, something he was not prepared to do at Old Trafford. I can understand Poch being attracted at the thought of another 'project' and 'vision' challenge, especially knowing he will have all the financial backing he needs (unlike at Spurs). So maybe this will get over the line after all.

Interestingly enough an online survey was apparently conducted on a Tottenham forum site asking Spurs supporters which they would prefer, Conte going to Utd and Poch returning or let Poch go to Manchester and keeping Conte. So far a staggering 93.6% have voted to keep Antonio Conte and felt that Poch had gone as far as he could with the team , as far as they were concerned "that ship had sailed" and we needed to get behind the new boss 100%. Granted only 156 votes have been cast so far but it's pretty damning proof that Spurs fans have now accepted that the 'Poch Era' is over.

5v4gqn.jpg

Poch regin at spurs failed when his head got turned by Man Utd 2017-18 ,,,he wanted to move and mr levy knew it and wasn’t gonna back him the same as Redknapp when he was touted for the England job ,,,,I believe that levy will back Conte in the next 2 windows,,,but there has to be some players moving on aswell .

poch is his own agent or manager aswell 

Adrian ***t Durham says that Man Utd should approach Conte, and that they are big enough to persuade him that yanited are the better short and longime bet for success.

The way I see it is that DL is far more to committed to delivering for THFC than the weird Glazers are for just one of their franchises (which is all yanited are to them).