Spurs Web
Borodin

OGS Finally Sacked So Who Will Be The Next Permanent Manager ?

Looking more and more like Poch to Man Utd and Zidane to PSG. Should get settled by the weekend as Mauricio is over in Manchester this Wednesday for Champions League fixture with City.

Perfect timing.....

17 hours ago, Tonto911 said:

Adrian ***t Durham says that Man Utd should approach Conte, and that they are big enough to persuade him that yanited are the better short and longime bet for success.

The way I see it is that DL is far more to committed to delivering for THFC than the weird Glazers are for just one of their franchises (which is all yanited are to them).

That Adrian Durham is a tit.

MAN UTD CONFIDENT OF GETTING POCH

Manchester United are confident of bringing in Mauricio Pochettino to Old Trafford as their next permanent manager, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The report suggests Paris Saint-Germain want £10m in compensation for Pochettino, who is thought to want to join United straightaway.

Link : https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre        Posted at 11.09am

I'll go out on a limb here and say that if PSG do make the last 16 tonight I can quite easily see Poch being announced as the new Man Utd manager before the weekend. He will not have left the French club under a shadow then but leave them top of the league and through to the CL knockout stage.

I may be a million miles off target here (wouldn't be the first time) and the results may not go that way but let's see what this evening and the next few days bring.

Interesting result and a perfect illustration of one manager having eleven players performing as a team unit and eventually getting the deserved victory against Poch with his 8 man team and the three musketeers up front who hardly ever track back and help their side defend. Having such a trio of talent is absolutely no guarantee of success and I'm quite sure Mauricio will find the  challenge that Manchester United would bring extremely tempting tonight.

After losing to City last night, if the rumours of him possibly joining Utd are true, he will have to stop results like this happening. 

His season so far, though pretty good, needs to finish with him picking up at least one of the CL and French league title for him to be considered a top class coach with the squad he has at his disposal. 

PSG, I suppose, is the yard stick he will be measured by. 

COYS 

hang on a mo, they lost by one goal in a game that didnt really matter for progression purposes ,  theyd beaten City 2-0 in Sept in Paris , hardly a disaster 

On their day City will rip anyone to shreds and tho this wasnt their bestest day it wasnt the worst of days 

1 minute ago, Audere Est Facere said:

hang on a mo, they lost by one goal in a game that didnt really matter for progression purposes ,  theyd beaten City 2-0 in Sept in Paris , hardly a disaster 

On their day City will rip anyone to shreds and tho this wasnt their bestest day it wasnt the worst of days 

All I would say, is that he is still building his reputation and any defeat is the last thing he wants. 

I strongly suspect he was very upset that loss last night. 

COYS 

4 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

mostly annoyed at attitude of the front three , as were the rest of the team when under the cosh tho they'd argue they were free for counter attacks if utilised properly

The PSG defenders were going mental at Mbappe, Neymar and Messi for not tracking back and helping out during the City attacks. I agree you need somebody up front for the counters but having all three was an extravagance that City proved Poch couldn't afford.