Spurs Web
Borodin

The Antonio Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I think having conte as manager is like inviting Gordon Ramsey to dinner and when he sees your filthy kitchen asking him to wash the dishes:dd:seriously,great appointment let’s go Antonio!!!!!

I bet most of the player's toilet cubicles are full after this announcement :dd:

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Mate can you take that disgusting C word out of the photo headline please , else its a great post :-)

Levy gets him man............. .again ...........

Come on then Dan, how long has he got to make a difference?  

Just a typo it should be CHAVS...........:1579412966_emo1:

Finally what seems like a good decision by levy. Admittedly his back was against the wall given the tide of opinion turning against him but well done Daniel, given the options available this had to be the best one. 

strange it’s only 1 and a bit seasons but presumably that’s to make sure he won’t have to pay a fortune when/if they fall out :)

big big challenge for conte, I hope he gets the backing he needs to try and turn this ship around. 

I for one am looking forward to this lunatic running up and down the touch line and kicking players up the arse. 

So, serious question, whats the definition of success by say New Year,   by end of this season , by end of transfer window Aug 2022 (bearing in mind that season is split due to Qatar World Cup )

For me by New Year, have our squad playing like a team of decent players again (cos they all are) and playing with belief and understanding of their own and each others roles etc

End of season, good runs in Euro (if he decides to do that) and FA Cup , top 5 finish in league 

End transfer window, decent incoming players adding quality and experience to squad without raising the average age too much, some good for the next season but also some for developing onwards 

Some great memories and typical Italian histrionics

3 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

Mate can you take that disgusting C word out of the photo headline please , else its a great post :-)

I've changed it to 'Blues'... hope that helps :thumb:

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

Supposedly given 150 million to improve the team,as good as conte is he needs to be financially backed and let him get on with running the football aspect of the club

Yep, he can’t be expected to polish all the turds. 

Him and his mate need to spend wisely, I’m not sure how far  100-150m will go but hopefully they can work some magic. Depends if levy can leave the transfer dealing brinkmanship alone!

Who told you that Nuno is only a stopover and Patricia is building a team for Conte? Of course your favorite hobby scout and Croatian buddy, Spurfect. 

I don’t want to blow my own trumpet, but I am genius. What else can I say! Especially if I read your posts and you just repeat what I’ve said about Nuno weeks ago!

The Term „San Antonio(‘s) Spurs“ will become a new meaning! Conte is an upgrade and will probably be canonized after this season, but be careful!

My next prediction. Conte will influence the team and we will play international football next season. But if he won’t get his players, because Levy wouldn’t want to spend the big mullah, Patricia will find him alternatives! These alternatives won’t work for him, cause only HIM (his imperial majesty) knows which players work for him.

So, what will happen. Conte is stubborn (I won‘t be surprised he is a taurus, at least a earth sign), but in any case, he is Italian. Anyway, he will sabotage Levi and buy any players. Players who wouldn’t even suit his system to harm Levi and at the end, Levi will have spent more money on players who are useless and hard to sell again. „We have to be prepared to suffer!“

This my friends is Antonio Conte. Don’t play with fire. In other words, don’t fuck with Conte, cause you could end up with fiery ass sore!

Anyway, I‘m excited to start a new project with Conte and I‘m glad, Utd hasn’t got him!

There is still plenty to do. Conte will need new CBs, at least one (Skriniar) back wingers (Hakimi unfortunately sold), so he will need a new RWB (Please, don’t mention Dorothy), a proper CM ( wish we can get Barella) and a new playmaker in form of an attacking midfielder. Would Chelsea sell us Ziyech? I know that sounds coo coo, but it doesn’t cost anything to ask!

Cause let us be honest, Dele has more chances in Hollywood or the Roncalli circus. There, he can chill with Whizz Khalifa and play a drunk pirate in the next pirates of the caribbean films or dance with bears to the sound of the scissor sisters! 

Anyway,

go go power rangers!

7 minutes ago, Spurfect said:

Who told you that Nuno is only a stopover and Patricia is building a team for Conte? Of course your favorite hobby scout and Croatian buddy, Spurfect. 

I don’t want to blow my own trumpet, but I am genius. What else can I say! Especially if I read your posts and you just repeat what I’ve said about Nuno weeks ago!

The Term „San Antonio(‘s) Spurs“ will become a new meaning! Conte is an upgrade and will probably be canonized after this season, but be careful!

My next prediction. Conte will influence the team and we will play international football next season. But if he won’t get his players, because Levy wouldn’t want to spend the big mullah, Patricia will find him alternatives! These alternatives won’t work for him, cause only HIM (his imperial majesty) knows which players work for him.

So, what will happen. Conte is stubborn (I won‘t be surprised he is a taurus, at least a earth sign), but in any case, he is Italian. Anyway, he will sabotage Levi and buy any players. Players who wouldn’t even suit his system to harm Levi and at the end, Levi will have spent more money on players who are useless and hard to sell again. „We have to be prepared to suffer!“

This my friends is Antonio Conte. Don’t play with fire. In other words, don’t fuck with Conte, cause you could end up with fiery ass sore!

Anyway, I‘m excited to start a new project with Conte and I‘m glad, Utd hasn’t got him!

There is still plenty to do. Conte will need new CBs, at least one (Skriniar) back wingers (Hakimi unfortunately sold), so he will need a new RWB (Please, don’t mention Dorothy), a proper CM ( wish we can get Barella) and a new playmaker in form of an attacking midfielder. Would Chelsea sell us Ziyech? I know that sounds coo coo, but it doesn’t cost anything to ask!

Cause let us be honest, Dele has more chances in Hollywood or the Roncalli circus. There, he can chill with Whizz Khalifa and play a drunk pirate in the next pirates of the caribbean films or dance with bears to the sound of the scissor sisters! 

Anyway,

go go power rangers!

W T F

I agree 100%

I am cautiously optimistic but I've seen the "proven winner" message before. When Jose was hired I got tired of being told we would win silverware now that we had a "world-class", "proven winner" for a manager instead of Poch, the wanna-be.

We all know how that worked out.

So maybe this is different. Maybe it isn't. Show me.

Right now, what I see as the difference between "proven winner" and "wannabe" is the depth of ownership's pockets and the wannabes look pretty good when you factor in financial spend. Poch > Jose @ Spurs   

Well there is one thing about conte that is proven ,,,he is not worried about dishing out a bollocking. When he feels players are not giving there all ,and apparently he is exactly the same when taking the training sessions,,,

he is very hands on 

His first interview..and video

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12458829/antonio-conte-tottenham-head-coach-vows-to-bring-consistency-and-play-attractive-football

I like what I hear and see :thumb::thumb: Article mentions 18 month contract with an option for an extension. A wise move for both parties.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:42 PM, Audere Est Facere said:

I decided there's no need to mention his Premier League past at all. Thread title changed yet again :thumb: Come On You Spurs !!