Jump to content
Spurs Web
Borodin

The Antonio Conte Thread

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59183033
 

Conte has now realised how much of challenge this is. They are going to have to back conte 100% to have any hope of him staying beyond that 18months. 
 

Obviously he’s managing expectations and sending a signal to levy, to the players and fans. 
 

Get your chequebook out Daniel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Audere Est Facere said:

No chance. Im just saying im expecting him to improve what we have and im sure he will given the chance  rather than ' waiting' for Jan window to make a difference. 

Totally agree...this guy won't waste any effort or time in sorting the squad out and getting the best from everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Totally agree...this guy won't waste any effort or time in sorting the squad out and getting the best from everyone.

But when? International break now so no time before Leeds. Then we have a nuts schedule with Euro , EPL and Carabao midweeks are full. He will have few sessions to work that arent focussing on the next match . im sure he will manage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

But when? International break now so no time before Leeds. Then we have a nuts schedule with Euro , EPL and Carabao midweeks are full. He will have few sessions to work that arent focussing on the next match . im sure he will manage 

Mate I am sure he can turn it around ,,,just maybe not so much this season,,,I think he will change the system,,,attitude and fitness levels of the squad before we see any change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr8ball said:

Mate I am sure he can turn it around ,,,just maybe not so much this season,,,I think he will change the system,,,attitude and fitness levels of the squad before we see any change 

So to where we were under poch until Levy realised he was more popular than levy .

To be honest with contes deserved reputation id expect morefrom him and sooner than two windows.

We have a decent squad . they were just treated like shit for too long and then witnessed punishment meted out from Herr Levy  for over achieving. 

How well (not) was Eriksen paid for all that he actually done. Fucking joke 

Theres upheaval at my place and im totally unmotivated and switched off just doing the minimum and im part of the sales team that brings in 75% of the companies total rev and margin.  .

Spurs players, theyve had 5 managers since the success of reaching CL final . no wonder theyre lost, while most clubs would push on from that achievement we stagnate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Audere Est Facere said:

So to where we were under poch until Levy realised he was more popular than levy .

To be honest with contes deserved reputation id expect morefrom him and sooner than two windows.

We have a decent squad . they were just treated like shit for too long and then witnessed punishment meted out from Herr Levy  for over achieving. 

How well (not) was Eriksen paid for all that he actually done. Fucking joke 

Theres upheaval at my place and im totally unmotivated and switched off just doing the minimum and im part of the sales team that brings in 75% of the companies total rev and margin.  .

Spurs players, theyve had 5 managers since the success of reaching CL final . no wonder theyre lost, while most clubs would push on from that achievement we stagnate

Tbh honest mate you have to let go lol ,,,your bosses couldn’t give a flying fuck about you only the wedge,,,sorry have been in that position loads before .

conte is the last chance saloon for a lot off the players living off pochs successful stint as coach ,,,,poch got his head turned by Man Utd simple stopped taking training sessions,,stopped the communication with the squad ,,,the squad knew the starting side for every match 3 days before a match ,,,that stopped fella ,,he stopped his involvement in training totally,,the coaches did everything.

conte is a different animal ,,,the time will tell dude 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been reported that Conte feels many of the players are overweight and he has banned ketchup and mayonnaise from their diets. John Terry was asked about Conte's training methods today and said  " Under Antonio it was the fittest I have ever been. Training was tough and the sacrifices are a must."

The guy certainly doesn't appear to take any prisoners or carry passengers.

5tnpao.jpg

 

I would think ketchup and mayonnaise were the only caps some of the squad were expecting to see for quite some time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just after the Leeds game :

'We want to fight' for Champions League

It would be easy to write this season off as a transitional one for Spurs, forgetting about lofty finishes in the table and focusing on developing for the future.

However, Conte is entertaining no such thoughts and vowed his side will be waiting to pounce on any slip-ups by the current top four.

"We want to fight, we want to improve the position in the table," he said.

"At this moment, there are four teams that, for many reasons, because they are working with the same coach, they invested a lot of money, at this moment there are four teams and there is a gap. I'm not scared about this.

"I trust in my players, I trust in my squad. We want to fight to stay close and fight for Champions League.

"Then if there's one team that slips up this season or makes mistakes, we must be there to try to do our best."

Music to my ears and what every Spurs fan has waited ages to hear (and believe) from the team manager :thumb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it very interesting that many here think Dier is shit and should be sold.  But Poch, Jose, Nuno and so far Conte have all continued to make him part of the starting 11.

Things that make you go “hmmm”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Alonso said:

I find it very interesting that many here think Dier is shit and should be sold.  But Poch, Jose, Nuno and so far Conte have all continued to make him part of the starting 11.

Things that make you go “hmmm”

 

The fact he's lasted so long is due to being given a chance to prove himself to the new bosses, Mourinho gave him far too long, Nuno was still deciding but I think Conte will make his mind up on the likes of Dier, Winks and Alli during the Christmas period. I'll agree to go "Hmmmmm" if all three I mentioned are still here come end of January :em8:.

PS

I don't class Dier and Winks as "shit" I just do not see them as being of sufficient quality to get a regular first team place in a club that is looking to seriously challenge for major honours at both domestic and International level. As for Dele Alli I think he's allowed his ego to grow to such an extent that he simply cannot see how much his overall performances have deteriorated in comparison to the Alli of three/four seasons ago. I wouldn't hesitate in selling him, it would be best for everyone concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodin said:

The fact he's lasted so long is due to being given a chance to prove himself to the new bosses, Mourinho gave him far too long, Nuno was still deciding but I think Conte will make his mind up on the likes of Dier, Winks and Alli during the Christmas period. I'll agree to go "Hmmmmm" if all three I mentioned are still here come end of January :em8:.

PS

I don't class Dier and Winks as "shit" I just do not see them as being of sufficient quality to get a regular first team place in a club that is looking to seriously challenge for major honours at both domestic and International level. As for Dele Alli I think he's allowed his ego to grow to such an extent that he simply cannot see how much his overall performances have deteriorated in comparison to the Alli of three/four seasons ago. I wouldn't hesitate in selling him, it would be best for everyone concerned.

Dier is a slow maguire at Man Utd ,,,if or when we get another centre back he or Davies ,,if we carry on playing 3 centre won’t get started ,,ramero is goonna start when fit ,,,,poch only wanted to play dier as a Dm,,,Jose played him as centre back cos we were getting rid of verts and toby ,,,Nuno was confused ( joke ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contes reaction to the game was honest, I like him. 
 

"I did not like what happened tonight," said Conte. "I must be honest and tell you that after three-and-a-half weeks, I am starting to understand the situation.

"I am happy to stay here but at the same time I must be honest and tell you we need to work a lot to improve the quality of the squad. We are Tottenham and in this moment there is an important gap [to the top teams in England].

"If someone thinks that a new coach arrives and Conte won in the past and then I am a magician... But the only magic I can do is to work. To bring work and work to improve, to bring my methods, my ideas of football. But we have to understand that we need time.

"It is not simple because, in this moment for sure, the level of Tottenham is not so high.

"The situation now is starting to be very clear in my mind. I like to win and I play to win in every competition. This must be the same for my players.

"This road could be one metre or 100m. I am not scared, I am ready to go and do this path. But at the same time I want to be very honest - we have to work a lot and improve in many, many aspects. 

"The club is outstanding outside - to create a stadium - but now we start from behind. I have found players that want to work and have great commitment, but sometimes it is not enough.

"We need time, but we have to do better in everything, everything, everything."

Definitely the biggest challenge he’s had for a while, turning a club around who have basically won FA for decades (odd cup granted) but still think they’re a big club with a chairman and many fans that are deluding themselves a little (myself included). 
 

Conte isn’t just playing the game here, it’s an honest assessment. Squad needs a complete overhaul and big turnover in players and transfer fees. I’m not sure 18 months is long enough. My hope is he is allowed free reign in next two windows to do what he wants. We don’t have time for levy to fuck about trying to extract the last penny on transfers, some players we need to cut our losses on and simply get what we can for them. 
 

January and next summer transfer windows are massive for spurs, conte and levy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2021 at 5:51 AM, Dazza1976 said:

Contes reaction to the game was honest, I like him. 
 

Definitely the biggest challenge he’s had for a while, turning a club around who have basically won FA for decades (odd cup granted) but still think they’re a big club with a chairman and many fans that are deluding themselves a little (myself included). 

Conte isn’t just playing the game here, it’s an honest assessment. Squad needs a complete overhaul and big turnover in players and transfer fees. I’m not sure 18 months is long enough. My hope is he is allowed free reign in next two windows to do what he wants. We don’t have time for levy to fuck about trying to extract the last penny on transfers, some players we need to cut our losses on and simply get what we can for them. 

January and next summer transfer windows are massive for spurs, conte and levy. 

I think the most difficult task will be finding clubs who even want to take any of the players we have to unload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cromulentmart said:

I think the most difficult task will be finding clubs who even want to take any of the players we have to unload.

I agree mate ,,instead of selling maybe loan out players ,,to make room for players conte wants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Judging by this mans body language it looks like things have gone bad,if we don’t sign some quality players he is going to walk..

It’s a tough job, squad and club mismanaged on playing side for few years, we all know whose fault that is. 
 

However I’m hopeful Levy realises his mistakes and really backs conte. It’s going to take at least 2 maybe 3 transfer windows to make meaningful difference. The squad needs several players (6-7 decent players at least) and some deadwood to be cast adrift. 
 

i didn’t see second leg but read the reports. Not surprisingly we were knocked out. If levy can’t back conte and make a go of this I think he really really should come in for more stick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the rumors that Spurs offered Wolves  15m for Traore then backed down to a loan offer are true then this speaks volumes about the lack of commitment and funds available to Conte. I’m not saying Traore is the answer but all the signs are pointing to the suspicion that absolutely nothing has changed. I’m starting to worry that Conte won’t be here next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, USSpurs said:

If the rumors that Spurs offered Wolves  15m for Traore then backed down to a loan offer are true then this speaks volumes about the lack of commitment and funds available to Conte. I’m not saying Traore is the answer but all the signs are pointing to the suspicion that absolutely nothing has changed. I’m starting to worry that Conte won’t be here next season 

It has always been a concern of mine. He’s a top manager and demanding, he won’t hang around if levy starts dicking around. 
 

I mean it is a short term contract so you’d think levy would be bending over backwards to get conte what he needs and he might be doing that to be fair. Let’s see what this transfer windows and more importantly the summer one yield. It might be we don’t do much in jan and save our ammo for summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dazza1976 said:

It has always been a concern of mine. He’s a top manager and demanding, he won’t hang around if levy starts dicking around. 
 

I mean it is a short term contract so you’d think levy would be bending over backwards to get conte what he needs and he might be doing that to be fair. Let’s see what this transfer windows and more importantly the summer one yield. It might be we don’t do much in jan and save our ammo for summer 

If nothing happens this window he might be gone on February the 1 st ,,,,if there is no money now there won’t be any in the summer simple ,,,then walk to Man Utd in the summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×