Spurs Web
Borodin

The Antonio Conte Thread

So the honeymoon is over the papers reckon. It's all bullshit really though. What we have witnessed so far is a manager who has transformed a bunch of demotivated and lazy footballers by gradually weeding out the ones he feels cannot accept his plans and tactics or are quite simply not good enough for where he intends to take this team. Yesterday was a message to the board from Conte. That message was "I can only do so much with what I inherited. If you wish to genuinely compete at the same high levels as Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City then you need to show me your confidence and trust by allowing me to bring in the players I think we are lacking".

This really is the Last Chance Saloon for Levy and ENIC. If Conte walks before next season then this football club will never again be able to attract a manager of his stature. We will be left in mid table mediocrity and once again thinking of what might have been. It really is time to throw out the dirty bath water and allow this guy to turn on the taps and get some fresh talent in. We have seen what he can do with what he unfortunately inherited during the past two months, imagine what is possible if he is given the funds to bring in who he actually wants at the club.

The next few days are crucial in shaping the future of Tottenham Hotspur. I pray to God that Levy doesn't let the manager and the supporters down.

3 minutes ago, Borodin said:

So the honeymoon is over the papers reckon. It's all bullshit really though. What we have witnessed so far is a manager who has transformed a bunch of demotivated and lazy footballers by gradually weeding out the ones he feels cannot accept his plans and tactics or are quite simply not good enough for where he intends to take this team. Yesterday was a message to the board from Conte. That message was "I can only do so much with what I inherited. If you wish to genuinely compete at the same high levels as Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City then you need to show me your confidence and trust by allowing me to bring in the players I think we are lacking".

This really is the Last Chance Saloon for Levy and ENIC. If Conte walks before next season then this football club will never again be able to attract a manager of his stature. We will be left in mid table mediocrity and once again thinking of what might have been. It really is time to throw out the dirty bath water and allow this guy to turn on the taps and get some fresh talent in. We have seen what he can do with what he unfortunately inherited during the past two months, imagine what is possible if he is given the funds to bring in who he actually wants at the club.

The next few days are crucial in shaping the future of Tottenham Hotspur. I pray to God that Levy doesn't let the manager and the supporters down.

I agree 100% mate ,,,like I said there’s no point in having a manager like conte and not backing him ,,.i know we had Jose but he was never gonna work when the project was about him and not the squad of players