Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
Audere Est Facere

Are we allowed to do anything now without upsetting someone

All the fun and games in cricket at the mo.   

Hales blacking up for a party to honour TuPac is now deemed offensive,  look if he had walked around making nasty noises and mimicking black people disrespectfully then thats bad, but just dressing up as a black celebrity, come on seriously offensive ,no

Now someone calls their dog Kevin cos its black and thats racist ? Someone will have to explain that to me, is some black guy named Kevin well known or something  jeez come on

Racism is shit and calling people elephant herders and pointing to near the toilets as their intended seating area is terrible.

Im English in Wales I get shit said to me, i just throw it back.  Im from Essex, we got the shit ripped out of us mercillessly for years, people were jealous is how i saw it, fuck em. 

1 hour ago, Audere Est Facere said:

All the fun and games in cricket at the mo.   

Hales blacking up for a party to honour TuPac is now deemed offensive,  look if he had walked around making nasty noises and mimicking black people disrespectfully then thats bad, but just dressing up as a black celebrity, come on seriously offensive ,no

Now someone calls their dog Kevin cos its black and thats racist ? Someone will have to explain that to me, is some black guy named Kevin well known or something  jeez come on

Racism is shit and calling people elephant herders and pointing to near the toilets as their intended seating area is terrible.

Im English in Wales I get shit said to me, i just throw it back.  Im from Essex, we got the shit ripped out of us mercillessly for years, people were jealous is how i saw it, fuck em. 

It does appear that everyone is climbing on the bandwagon now and as a Welshman living in Ireland I just see it as a bit of fun. I take it and I give it back. There's no malice behind the remarks whatsoever. Now people are referring back to incidents that happened years ago and trying to make out they were deeply offended but 'didn't like to speak out'. All this trouble with cricketer Azeem Rafiq blew up and suddenly we find he is having to apologise himself for antisemitic messages that he sent.

We have suddenly become extremely sensitive about the slightest remark and everyone seems to be just waiting for a chance to call someone a racist. Instead of standing up to such remarks we allow ourselves to be bullied and insulted. I read now of children being subject to 'online bullying' via a computer or mobile phone and scratch my head in puzzlement. I have both such devices and the last time I checked each of them had an on and off switch. If you are on social media websites such as facebook/twitter/instagram etc then you are opening yourself up to such abuse and need to take that into consideration before joining such places. If it becomes unacceptable then shutdown your account and open another or in the case of a mobile change your sim card. Make sure only your true friends have your contact details.

People may well have switched themselves off from society as we used to know it but they cannot expect to be cocooned and protected from every single form of mickey taking no matter how innocuous.

I am totally opposed to racism when it is used to incite violence or cause severe trauma to another individual or group of individuals but it is now being allowed to snowball (can I use that term or is it too 'white' ??). A sense of proportion and calm is needed however when reviewing some of these cases otherwise we will all be afraid to speak to one another for fear of a law suit.

I hate racism in any form but I do agree it is a snowflake society,I have English,polish and African neighbours that I consider my friends,we all take the mick out of each other over football and anything in general really,it’s just friendly banter and no one takes any offence,some lines should never be crossed tho and when somebody does it’s a problem,nothing wrong with a bit of banter the world has gone mad.

Yeah it’s gone bonkers ,,,I have Indian,,pakistani,,Sri Lanka,,Irish,,Welsh ,,Scottish,,mates ,,,,my Scottish Indian mate Lugo gets some very strange looks when new people come in the club ,,his broad Glaswegian accent is a brilliant showstopper,,but he gives as good as he gets ,,always taking the piss ,,,,but he says it’s all about how persons say things or context,,,,there isn’t a person in my club that wouldn’t defend him if other people take things to far ,,,,there is a difference between banter,,,,and being down right rude ,,racist,,and an arsehole to anyone 

Now we have the Canadians pulling down the Queens statue cos of her (non) involvement in the 'buried' babies horror . That was a Catholic thing and Queen is Protestant head and im not bringing religion into it but to me them doing that is racist and deeply offensive to me, so next Canadian i see is getting a hockey stick rammed up their arse , I got Bieber in concert soon (not really)