Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
CigarGuy

70 points?

Tried to cut and paste an article from "The Guardian" about AVB saying this would be a top 4 finish.

Need 16 points in 8 remaining matches, but 3 of those are against City, Chelski, and Everton.

As soon as arsenal go ahead of us we won't catch them as when they are confident they are ruthless.Every game is must win Defoe got a couple vs San Marino which is what he needed so I think if he starts he'll score.My optimism is back but for me a loss this weekend that will be 4 in a row and the season will only go 1 way.

No point saying 70 points, it depends on other results.

Old cliche, but take each game as it comes.

Exactly,there is simply no sense in thinking ahead now and both team and fans need to concentrate on getting the job done each game.If other results go our way then fine,but it dosen't mean we can relax.For once I'd like to see us as masters of our own destiny.

For once I'd like to see us as masters of our own destiny.

Just like last year, we are, right?  "If we win out, no one will catch us."  "No one to blame but ourselves" are two

catch-phrases that come to mind.  Not sure if they are particularly American, though? 

Many times this season I've seen the next game as a must win one. It's probably because as a Spurs fan we know we are capable of beating any side and also losing to them too. And we know no matter what we think of them Arsenal and Chelsea they are very used to finishing top four and we're not. I've tried to convince myself that with all the hatred for Benitez and the divided camps on Wenger Spurs are bound to capitalise on this but I'm not convinced. After the unconvincing display against Swansea I now pray we don't face Everton with a tired team or an injured Bale after Basel. I expect I wasn't the only one today who thought it's a win win watching Chelsea - if they lose good and if they win the it's fixture pile up for them. Leaving aside the Europa game it's once again a 'must win' against Everton.

Chelsea have such a jammed packed fixture schedule, hopefully this will impact their league form and we can crawl over the line for a CL place.

Revenge after last season.

Ashley cole was a casualty of yesterday's game. Need a few more as they have decent replacements in reserve.

Ashley cole was a casualty of yesterday's game. Need a few more as they have decent replacements in reserve.

Cole will be hard to replace, out for two weeks apparently, but Hazard, Mata and Oscar destroyed us at the Lane earlier in the season. So any of those three picking up an injury would be highly appreciated, hopefully by the time we play them we'll have a cushion in league points.

70 pts? If that is going to be enough then yes, I think we can do it. We need 13 from 7 and with our last 4 games all really winnable then there is potentially 12 right there. We have generally done ok against the lower sides that we should be beating, especially away from home (yes, there are 1 or 2 exceptions). We have Everton at home at the weekend and them without Fellaini and Pienaar I think we will win. 15 points without even thinking about Chelsea and City. 

On the other hand it could all go tits up but I prefer to be optimistic. I believe we are a different animal under AVB.

Rafa will be more interested in winning a cup than CL as he is not there next season. This will hopefully mean playing strong teams in the cups and slipping up in the league as last weekend. I think that is our best hope that it will be the same top 4 as last season with Chelsea 5th.

OO cheers up Turks , get your chirpy fighting positive spirit back me old china, we will need you for the run in.
AVB has secretly mentioned the lack of pre match graphics on the recent match threads (Neil only does half a job as usual)  and morale at training is dropping because of this. 

They do notice!

OO cheers up Turks , get your chirpy fighting positive spirit back me old china, we will need you for the run in.

AVB has secretly mentioned the lack of pre match graphics on the recent match threads (Neil only does half a job as usual)  and morale at training is dropping because of this. 

They do notice!

I'm back on match thread duties tomorrow after this game is said and done. A good win tonight with hopefully a comfortable lead, then we face Everton full of confidence and a win would help steady the tied.