Spurs Web
Neil

Leandro Damiao

387716_1.jpg

SPURS have been given hope that they might be able to lure Leandro Damiao in the summer.

The Brazilian striker was pursued by Spurs throughout the January transfer window, but they had a bid for him rejected.

Although the Internacional forward was previously deemed to be off limits, the north London outfit could land him if they make a suitable offer.

But they will face stiff competition from Napoli, who are looking for a replacement for the outgoing Edinson Cavani.

Internacional's director of football, Luis Cesar Souto de Moura, told Brazilian publication UOL: "Leandro Damiao is indeed the player that is most likely to leave Internacional, especially because foreign clubs are interested.

"Damiao is the player of the moment, everyone is seeing that. He is a great player, he's very special."

Source: The Express

So much has been about Leandro, I'm also starting to wonder if this deal will go through.

I'd like to see our hat in the ring for Robert Lewandowski myself, top quality player.

This.

I hope Leandro just signs for someone, ending the speculation. Prefer Lewandowski.

We can't afford Lewandoski and I doubt he'll want to join us.

We've been chasing Leandro for three years, can't agree a fee, always make a bid 10 minutes before the transfer deadline closes and wonder why we always struggle to score goals. 

Instead we keep wasting money on players we don't need.

We can't afford Lewandoski and I doubt he'll want to join us.

We've been chasing Leandro for three years, can't agree a fee, always make a bid 10 minutes before the transfer deadline closes and wonder why we always struggle to score goals. 

Instead we keep wasting money on players we don't need.

absolutely 

Unfortunately Defoe is his usual,unproductive self once the new year begins I just can't understand his consistent lack of scoring come the new year , ade is just useless but hopefully the rest can keep chipping in I think Moussa has goals in him. Whatever happens we need a new strike force desperately

Unfortunately Defoe is his usual,unproductive self once the new year begins I just can't understand his consistent lack of scoring come the new year , ade is just useless but hopefully the rest can keep chipping in I think Moussa has goals in him. Whatever happens we need a new strike force desperately

sooner the better

Yeah the Benteke situation is getting quite interesting, he keeps on scoring. My ideal transfer policy with the strikers would be to get rid of Dempsey (who I never thought was quite good enough for us) and Ade, and sign Benteke and one of Leandro or Lewandowski.

Leandro has already said he doesn't want to come to spurs so why do we keep pushing? He won't sign a contract even if we do agree on a fee. And he isn't tested in the premier league. I say we go in for Benteke, ditch ade if his form doesn't get better. I think we should also try to get Higuain from Madrid but I doubt that will happen. We are also forgetting we have some brilliant strikers coming through our youth squad, especially Christian ceballos who has scored 4 in his last 2 games? John Okiba, soleymon coulibaly, and Harry Kane? I think it's worth giving these guys a shot.

Your right, that is crazy because he's fucking shit.

He scored a technically good goal on saturday and he attacks the ball in the air, that's more than Ade.

Leandro has already said he doesn't want to come to spurs so why do we keep pushing? He won't sign a contract even if we do agree on a fee. And he isn't tested in the premier league. I say we go in for Benteke, ditch ade if his form doesn't get better. I think we should also try to get Higuain from Madrid but I doubt that will happen. We are also forgetting we have some brilliant strikers coming through our youth squad, especially Christian ceballos who has scored 4 in his last 2 games? John Okiba, soleymon coulibaly, and Harry Kane? I think it's worth giving these guys a shot.

Those guys are either not good enough: obika or not ready yet: kane, ceballos, coulibaly.

Hmm? I think the guy gets vertigo anytime he goes too high up the pitch.

Those guys are either not good enough: obika or not ready yet: kane, ceballos, coulibaly.

I agree with all but ceballos, I seriously think he should get a go, definitely next season if not this. My problem here is he can't actually be worse than our 2 strikers at this moment so why not play him?

I agree with all but ceballos, I seriously think he should get a go, definitely next season if not this. My problem here is he can't actually be worse than our 2 strikers at this moment so why not play him?

Well it is worth a shot, considering that AVB favours Livermore over Carroll, not much chance in Ceballos getting in.

Ceballos had a funny game. Scored 2 goals. For such a short guy, he scored a great header, got in between the two CB's and glanced his header into the net from the 6 yard box. However, his shooting wasn't particularly great, was greedy (similar to JD) when better options available.

Of the young kids, Coulthirst is closest to getting into the 1st team, he was on the bench when we lost 3-2 at anfiled couple weeks ago. But the U21 game on moday he was poor.

We need a big strong fast striker that has the hunger to score.  Michu looks the business.  Leandro may work but after so many rumours that we are after him come up empty I guess he doesn't want to come.

Benteke would be a better option because he is scoring now in the PL with a shite team....

Isnt remy available cheap when qpr go down sounds like a levy deal to me plus he has done pretty well when he's played.Forget Damiao he clearly does'nt want to play for us.I'd also be tempted by benteke but he wont be cheap.I also would'nt mind lambert as he creates as well as scores and has a good physical presence.

Well it is worth a shot, considering that AVB favours Livermore over Carroll, not much chance in Ceballos getting in.

Ceballos had a funny game. Scored 2 goals. For such a short guy, he scored a great header, got in between the two CB's and glanced his header into the net from the 6 yard box. However, his shooting wasn't particularly great, was greedy (similar to JD) when better options available.

Of the young kids, Coulthirst is closest to getting into the 1st team, he was on the bench when we lost 3-2 at anfiled couple weeks ago. But the U21 game on moday he was poor.

Are there any streams where I can watch the under 21 games? I just hate seeing our strikers from under 21 scoring regularly and then looking at Defoe and adebayor... And he was on the bench at inter aswell I think?

Isnt remy available cheap when qpr go down sounds like a levy deal to me plus he has done pretty well when he's played.Forget Damiao he clearly does'nt want to play for us.I'd also be tempted by benteke but he wont be cheap.I also would'nt mind lambert as he creates as well as scores and has a good physical presence.

Interesting options there, esp Remy. As you say sounds like a Levy deal. Can't score penalties but he nearly made up for that with his goal afterwards. 

I mentioned getting Lambert at the start of the season, and others on here were't too keen on him. I still think he is a good player, too old though.