Spurs Web
Sign in to follow this  
mjbmedia

Next Gen?

What happened with the next gen team, theres never anything on the official THFC site about it, cant find anything on various sports sites, I see the final has been played now, we were in it to some extent , i remember we played Barca home and away in the league part and got through that section , saw we had a knockout but cant remember who it was against (Swiss team perhaps) then it all went quiet.

As said above, lost to Lisbon 5-3. Villa then beat Lisbon in semis and eventually beat Chelsea in final.

Villa were'nt even that good, I saw their semi with Lisbon and they did get lucky.

U21's are top of the Elite group. http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u21-premier-league-tables/

yeh where does that elite group go after or is that it, we win the U21 title if we stay there, seen a lot of the footage over the season and the lads look pretty good in possesion

You can see on the link in my previous post.

It goes to a knock-out phase. Elite league winners play the winners of the playoff between group 1 and group 2 winners. while elite league position 2 and 3 play each other in a semi. 

cheers mate

that looks rather convoluted, OK gives plenty of matches V relative opposition in the second phase, but then shouldnt everything  in football be about winning once you're passed a certain level, IMO yes, yet we win the 1st phases toughest group and are rewarded with the toughest group again, are walking away with that and are rewarded with a semi V probably group 2/3 winners then a final and we could end up not winning it despite running the whole show all season long, typical english FA farcical bullshit.

Anyway good matches for the youngsters and reserves and we've been using it as warm ups, return from lay offs etc well.

cheers mate

that looks rather convoluted, OK gives plenty of matches V relative opposition in the second phase, but then shouldnt everything  in football be about winning once you're passed a certain level, IMO yes, yet we win the 1st phases toughest group and are rewarded with the toughest group again, are walking away with that and are rewarded with a semi V probably group 2/3 winners then a final and we could end up not winning it despite running the whole show all season long, typical english FA farcical bullshit.

Anyway good matches for the youngsters and reserves and we've been using it as warm ups, return from lay offs etc well.

You just know we will cock it up in the final. Probably against Man U again.