Porto winger Christian Atsu has confirmed that he will not renew his contract with the Portuguese champions.
Tottenham have heavily been linked with a move for the 21-year-old Ghana international and is said to prefer a move to White Hart Lane over Liverpool, who according to reports tabled a £3million offer as recently as last week.
Porto risk losing the winger for free at the end of next season if they do not accept a cut-price deal. Atsu is keen to link up again with Andre Villas-Boas, but Spurs are yet to make an offer.
“I have one more year contract with FC Porto but as a child I always dream to play at the highest level especially in England,” he told reporters at the Ghana camp on Wednesday.
“I love to play there (England) so when I have the opportunity to play in England for sure I would like to move.”
Have something to tell us about this article?