– Cardiff host Tottenham and will be hoping to maintain the form which has led them to a 3 game unbeaten run.
– Don Cowie gave Hull a headache at the weekend, and Malky Mackay will be hoping that the Scottish winger causes Tottenham similar problems. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows that Cowie swung in the third most crosses in the league in the last round of fixtures, registering an assist in the process.
– Jordan Mutch is doing much to confound the critics who claim that this country does not produce enough young talent. The 21-year old has completed a pass in the opposition half at an average of a pass every 4 minutes.
– His central midfield partner Aron Gunnarson appeared to be doing the dirty workagainst Hull. Whilst Mutch may gain admirers for his incisive passing, Gunnarson made the third most interceptions in the league in the last round of fixtures.
– Steven Caulker raised some eyebrows when he decided to leave high-flyers Spurs forPremier League new boys Cardiff. He has certainly been showing his worth, as he’s made 7 blocks so far this season.
– Andre Villas-Boas will be hoping that his Spurs team can pick up where they left off against Norwich.
– Gylfi Sigurdsson scored a goal in each half to secure the three points for AVB’s men, but the winger on the other flank was actually busier in front of goal. Andros Townsend took 7 shots against Norwich, the most in the league.
– The English youngster is firmly on Roy Hodgson’s radar and it is easy to see why. In addition to his impressive shooting figures, Townsend also completed thesecond most dribbles in the league – second only behind compatriot Ross Barkley.
– Tottenham’s dominance over Norwich is underlined by the passes completed by Kyle Walker, Paulinho and Mousa Dembele. The trio were in the top 5 of players who completed the most passes in the opposition half in the last round of fixtures, completing 59, 52 and 47 passes respectively.
– Kyle Walker’s passing statistics are particularly compelling, as, according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, he has completed 156 passes in the opposition half. This is more than any other defender.
– Walker’s compatriot Michael Dawson has been a rock at the heart of Tottenham’s defence so far this season. Roy Hodgson may be currently overlooking the former Nottingham Forest man, but Dawson has made more defensive contributions (59) than any of his teammates.
Have something to tell us about this article?